Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just saw Dark of the Moon

Go down 
+10
Zero
SimianWonder
Kaio
Baal
SSMG
Superbuu3
Rockstar_Sinistar
L Ron Hubbard
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I just saw Dark of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:15 pm

And... meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I really don't know whether I liked it or not. It was okay I guess. Barely made any impression though. It was too long though, I know that.

The plot, well you all know the plot. Decepticons wreck shit for 2 hours then lose, while human characters get in the way. Except this time there was a human villain, and Sam's parents were barely in it, and that girl they to replace Megan Fox, despite not being an actress, was a better actress than Megan Fox. So actually the humans weren't as annoying as they were previously.

However, humans got waaaaaay too much screen time in the final action scene. It must have been like 70% humans and 30% robots. Plus the film just ends as soon as they win. It was like; Bad guys dead, 5 second voice over from Optimus, roll credits.

Also, there was hell of a lot of plot-induced-shitfuckery. For example, transformers need spaceships now? They did space travel just fine without them in the first two films.

Spoiler:

Megatron seems about 20 foot shorter as well for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Bay used special effects footage from another movie. That's just laziness. I don't think he cares anymore. Lebouf was so dissapointed that he said he's done with the series. AND NO ONE TOLD ME FOX WASN'T GONNA BE IN THE MOVIE. She was the only reason I watched those mediorcre explosion fests.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 pm

The new girl was better.

What other movie?
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Were there any cool Transformers in the movie, like Shockwave, Omega Supreme, or the Dinobots?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Apparently he used footage from a movie he directed a few years back, The Island (2005). I actually didn't notice during the movie, but I saw articles about it and it's true.

And I don't care about acting skill, not many in that movie have much. I just cared about how hot Fox was (even if she does have toe thumbs).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Shockwave was in it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh, I forgot the most important thing.

It was better than Revenge of the Fallen.

(although the fight in the forest in RotF is probably the best action scene in all 3 movies)
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:26 pm

If you want to see the scenes Nonny, here they are side by side:

Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Starscream also died, Had his right eye grappled by LeBouf and then had a Spiky Time Bomb shoved into the other. Atleast Megatron jobbed like a boss, Starscream jobbed to LeBouf Shadow of The Colossus style.

...So, I guess that means no more Transformers movie? Or atleast one made by some-one else?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

I just checked the character list, and I was ashamed that Mirage, and Wheeljack were changed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Bob fucking spoiler.

Also if that was true i can't watch this film star screma was the best thing about all 3 movies, loved the plane scene in the first film.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Starscream's job in this film was to get plans explained to him very slowly so the audience could understand what was going on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 pm

I just remember Ken Jeong was in this. He was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:16 am

I liked this film, best one of the series.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I just remember Ken Jeong was in this. He was pretty good.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 am

I don't get why people think it's better than the first one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:35 am

Probably because Ken Jeong was in it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 am

There's a lot of people who hated Jeong's character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:43 am

It is a bit much when he's just suddenly there and being Ken Jeong. It's like Bay didn't bother to introduce him properly because he figured the audience would instantly be at home with Ken Jeong being crazy and no one would care how haf-baked it was.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:56 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I don't get why people think it's better than the first one.

Because in the first one the autobots were little push over bitches who coward'd to Starscream. Optimus didn't have his Trailer, too much useless parent/ /girlfriend/bs side story that didn't have to be in the movie, at least in TDOTM the side story with his g.f progressed the plot along.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:41 pm

But it was sooooo boring compared to the first one. DotM felt about 5x as long as it actually was while the first one was reasonably paced.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm

I agree there, the pacing in the new one was really slow. I felt like passing out about half way through.

But I was kind of disappointed with Optimus' performance in the first one whereas he got buffed in the following two.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Ridiculously buffed. And I didn't like his attitude in the sequels, especially the third one. He literally yelled "WE'LL KILL THEM ALL!" before going into battle in the final scene. Then at the end the bad guy is broken and crawling along the ground and begging for his life and Optimus just friggin' executes him, point blank.

The idea of the Autobots going on black ops missions in the middle east on behalf of the US was also really weird.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:06 pm

I just got back from seeing this, and to be frank it was awful, Michael Bay at his most self indulgent; way too long, the pacing was all over the shop and the story itself (which started out quite strongly) soon lost its way in amongst the one note EXPLOSIONS and SLOW MOTION. (If anyone could make a cohesive and completely non-contradictory timeline to cover all three films, I'd be astounded.)

On the other hot subject; no Megan Fox. Not that big a deal, because I don't really think she's anything special, but just to say "she dumped him" was BS. She was willing to go through hell for Sam in the first two films, and then she decides to dump him, despite them finally proclaiming their love for each other in the finale to RotF? Yeah right. If you're going to replace someone, at least have a half decent in-universe explanation for it. Also, Megatron getting about one minute of screentime before jobbing to Prime. WTF was that all about? That was over in literally five seconds.

RotF was a better film. Yeah, I went there.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Hey now, let's not go nuts. RotF had better action, but it also had the twins and Sam's mother getting high.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeah, but DSotM felt like two and a half hours of Michael Bay punching me in the head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just saw Dark of the Moon   I just saw Dark of the Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just saw Dark of the Moon
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next