Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece: Grand Adventure

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

One Piece: Grand Adventure Empty
PostSubject: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:14 am

"Hey Baal, One Piece Grand Adventure is only like 7 bucks, why don't you buy it? It was a fun game?"
"You're right me, I should do that.
*Put game in*
"The first thing I hear is Luffy's 4Kids voice."

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I instantly regret this purchase.

"Play the game."

Okay, I can bear with it since the game is fun.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 am

I remember Story Mode being fun at first, but totally got tedious later on when doing the other stories. And all those mini-games sucked balls.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:59 am

Oh god yes, the story is gonna be a damn pain.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:12 pm

I thought it was pretty all right, save for the voice acting. Crocodile is cool.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh god, I keep forgetting how awful Sanji's voice is. Just when I think "Oh it wasn't that bad", it proves me wrong. God, why couldn't Funi have just redubbed this on not bothered with Unlimited Adventure?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Because games aren't exactly worth the trouble, their sole purpose is to be played. And let's not forget we're talking about a low-selling anime game here, one that was only on last-gen consoles to boot.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I know what the purpose of a video game is, Sora. I just wish that the voice acting wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Good lord, I completely forgot that Mihawk had a French accent despite looking like a Spaniard.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

At least it's a game that isn't heavy with voiced dialogue save for some bits in the story mode if I recall correctly. It's just mostly filled with grunts and screams, which are usually obnoxious no matter who the voice actors are(unless they're voice tracks of women having orgasms).
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Are you kidding me? Every time someone does a special move they yell out something. At least Zoro and Nami's VAs are decent enough to make it bearable, whereas guys like Usopp, Sanji and Luffy are just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

When I say screams, I'm including the special attack names being called out. I find those grating no matter who says it, especially in video games. But that's me, always hating on anime tropes.

Also, I'm surprised you neglected to mention how they made another One Piece rap just for this game's intro. Granted it's not as hilariously cheesy as the anime's rap opening but still...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:28 pm

It's stupid but nothing worthy of note, really.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:30 pm

I'd agree if Smoker wasn't the one "singing".
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:31 pm

I have to admit though, this is getting me back into One Piece, is Oda done with Merman's Island, yet?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Pfft, no.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Ahhhh shit, oh well. After I'm done watching Infinite Stratos I'll catch up.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Hope you'll enjoy the latest unnecessarily long flashback that just recently ended.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 pm

It was too short, actually. TONS of caption boxes that tell shit instead of Oda showing it like he did in glorious Skypiea, but it was still better than the Luffy/Ace/Sabo flashback.

Last edited by Kaio on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Oh, Kaio.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Also, does anyone remember Luffy's assists from Grand Battle? It's really bugging me because the first assist in this game you get is Johnny and I can not think of anyone who could possibly be Luffy's assist in that game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Alright, taking a break right now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I think Luffy's in GB was one of those Dugongs. In GA, his assists outside of the story mode ones were the dugong and that Wiper guy from Skypiea.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Weren't the Dugongs on one of the chapter covers? Also, thinking about it now I thought is was Coby but apparently not.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I still never really got over how Smoker's name was changed to Chaser. Yeah, there's the implications of him... well smoking. But it's not like most kids would've drawn attention to that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:59 pm

It's 4Kids. They changed Ace's name because it was the same as some kind of alcoholic drink.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 pm

It's worse how they edited out the cigars in his mouth but thought the cigars all over the left side of his jacket were fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Grand Adventure   One Piece: Grand Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece: Grand Adventure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next