Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
brandon
Kaio
Savage
SSMG
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Empty
PostSubject: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:00 am

Should I watch it? I have the time to kill... And if yes, should I watch the sub or the dub?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:02 am

Most people will yell at you to watch the dub, but the original voices are fine to listen to and FUNi still implemented too many of their -isms into recording YYH when they weren't making it fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:04 am

The dub is an incredible improvement over the Japanese version. Be warned though, aside from some cool powers, the story manages to be even more bland than DBZ and while Yusuke and Kuwabara are awesome, Hiei and Kurama are terrible. So 50% of the main cast sucks.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:12 am

kuwabara I love you

Last edited by Mr. Akiyama on Tue May 10, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:26 am

If Kurama isn't Chou's favourite character in that show i'd be shocked.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:36 am

English>Japanese in this instance. Also, Hiei and Kurama are not terrible characters.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah, they are.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah I'm watching it in English, I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in, Yusuke just learnt the spirit gun, seems good so far.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Kaio wrote:
Yeah, they are.

How are they terrible?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:00 am

Zero wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Yeah, they are.

How are they terrible?

Do you know what you have done?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:04 am

I watched 7 episodes dubbed, really enjoyed it, then stopped
Not in the mood to watch more
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:39 am

Kurama's entire character arc was completed 3 chapters after his introduction and stayed exactly the same for the 150 chapters that followed it.

Hiei had absolutely no personality, he was a complete cardboard cutout of "badass" in every sense. Everything he did was to be cool, even his goddamn attacks look cliche. ITS A DRAGON SO COOL. His subplots go absolutely nowhere and are only their to cheaply fill pages, so Togasi could finish them quickly and go back to playing Dragon Quest.

Both were completely boring to watch, never emoted at all, they were basically just plot devices to tell Yusuke and Kwabara whhat's up with which demon and to do something completely BADASS.

Basically, they were the characters that Kubo saw and decided, "Hmmm, I should fill my entire manga with these two characters, except with a different design".
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:44 am

The wee, little puppet man is right.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:04 am

I'm always right.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:21 am

Aha!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Kaio wrote:
Kurama's entire character arc was completed 3 chapters after his introduction and stayed exactly the same for the 150 chapters that followed it.
Is that one the narcissist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu   I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I'm going to watch YuYuHakushu
Page 1 of 1