Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first youtube video :D

Go down 
+3
Eevil-Psycho
Savage
Superbuu3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

My first youtube video :D Empty
PostSubject: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm just trying to work out how to upload game footage so hopefully we can get a gameply vid of me, neo, raz and radock defeating the zombie hordes. Apparently there's no sound and n all the converting and editing etc, i lost a lot of quality. When i get a video with in game sound working i'll then try and get a decent quality vid up and running.

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Looks good enough for a first try. Did you use that Xfire thing?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm

what did you use to record it?

I do quite a lot of video game capturing myself ( can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/user/lorenznijs ). so I might be able to help you out with some things or if you have questions..

Last edited by Eevil-Psycho on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Yeah, it works pretty well the biggest problem though is starting the recording basically lags the game. So i needed to try and edit it. I used something called videopod, but it seemed to completely destroy the high quality video I recorded, also it cut the video shorter then i wanted for some reason.

If you got a better video editing tool that you know of that would be handy. The sound was my own fault I haven't actually looked at the settings on this xfire thing so i ended up muting the vid somehow.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Most people use Fraps to record their game and Sony Vegas to edit/resize/crop it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
what did you use to record it?

I do quite a lot of video game capturing myself ( can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/user/lorenznijs ). so I might be able to help you out with some things or if you have questions..
I was just using freeware, the problem isn't so much the recording decent quality, its editing it so i cut out crap that seems to kill the quality so if you got any tips on that, it would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 pm

well, I use Sony Vegas, it's not free, but you're smart enough to look around the internet to get it for free.

if you're not used to video editing, it might be a little overwhelming at first though, cause it has a lot of functions you'll never use. when i first started, i just used Windows Movie Maker, it can be a bitchy program (freezes or won't work sometimes), but if you're just starting out it'll do a good job.

Vegas even outputs a better quality video than I recorded, I add some effects to make the colors a bit more true to how they really are (somehow capturing makes the footage look somewhat more greyish) and I can render out files in 1080p that were recorded in 720p. there's a lot more options that you can just apply and tweak to your liking to make the final version heaps better than the initial recorded file.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 am

Not bad for a first attemp buu.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 am

That's pretty good for a first video. My first video was a 3 minute long slideshow of Simpsons images I googled, with "Hell's Bells" playing in the background.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:13 am

Shit, this was my first video.

Can you tell what's happening? Because I hardly can and I watched it a bunch of times since I first upped it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 am

Although not my first videos, there are 3 left on that old account I can't access anymore, including that old, crappy Meant to Live AMV of DBZ I did. Apparently that vid has like over fifty thousand freaking views now.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 am

I saw that like two years ago when you jumped in my ass about some AMV I was pimping out on DBG.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 am

The only person I was hounding on concerning shitty AMVs was Sly and that terrible Linkin Park video he did. That was one horrific video.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:21 am

Just out of interest, Psycho, what do you do in Vegas when you render video for Youtube? My raw video files are about 4gb for a minute and a half of footage so I can't really do anything with them.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

my raw video files are bigger than the ones I render out too.

it all depends on what you render it as, i render as mp4, so the resulting filesize is pretty small. but it starts with capturing actually, the files i capture use a h264 codec/format so the captured files are also not too big even though they're HD and pretty long..

I have a file here that's 7gb big, and it's a program I captured from my digital cable box. it's 70 minutes long, so basically, my recorded files are about 1 gb per 10 minutes..

if I render a 1gb file out of Vegas the resulting file is about 300mb big.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 am

The last file i save was like 2 gig and i think it was like 10 minutes
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Made my own little test video, I don't do anything exciting and my aim is really off but whatever, imo it went really well considering this is the first time I've put something on youtube. Should be available in any resolution you want but, to be honest, the trade off in load speed for anything above 480p seems worthless in this case. Recorded with Fraps and rendered with Vegas 10 using the Xvid codec.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 pm

well i'll get back to making vids when i get my new pc, i'll do either a half life or a deus ex playthrough I should be able to up a very high quality vid, in just really depends how well my new comp does with video conversion.

I'll most likely record sounds in real time as in via my mic so i'll talk whil i come across stuff for the first time hopefully it will be more interesting.

The biggest time delay I found using xfire was editing the video as it needed to be converted befor ei could do it. This might be solved using something like fraps so i'll work on this later, I'll try to get games running in as high as possibel while fighting against graohc settings to get what looks like the best experience. Personally i think if the videos look like crap there harder to watch regardless of how entertaining the actual playthrough is.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and jump on this bandwagon too and do a video let's play of a pokemon game.

I'll probably do Rijon Adventures, which is a hack of fire red as I've never bothered to finish it and most of you might not know it. Unless people want me to do a particular game from gen 3 onwards. (I really can't be bothered going back to gens 1 and 2, especially with the remakes being readily available in gens 3 and 4 respectively.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first youtube video :D   My first youtube video :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first youtube video :D
Page 1 of 1