Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Hornet vs Green Lantern

Go down 
+3
Savage
Ellis
Ace
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Empty
PostSubject: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:36 am

Spoiler:

VS

Spoiler:

And

Spoiler:

VS

Spoiler:

Who wins?
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:22 am

IS the Green Hornet a real Super hero or is it an original movie?
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:53 am

Based on an old show in the 60's that featured Bruce Lee playing the sidekick. Thats all I knew about it before the ads came out. So its a remake or reimagining.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:11 am

The television show was based off of a radio show, too.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Green hornet all the way. I would normally say GL, but have you guys seen what they've done with that movie?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:18 pm

GL

Have you seen what they've done to Bruce Lee?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Messing up one person's role isn't the same as ruining an enitre franchise.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:21 pm

I like how Ace didn't bother to get a picture of Seth Rogen in the actual suit and did bother to get one for Ryan Reynolds.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 pm

SSMG wrote:

Even then it's not like he's actually doing a bad job with the role, the trailers have shown him being just like Bruce Lee's character from the original series if a bit more silly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Baal wrote:
SSMG wrote:

Even then it's not like he's actually doing a bad job with the role, the trailers have shown him being just like Bruce Lee's character from the original series if a bit more silly.
Do you even know who Bruce Lee is and who Jay Chou is? Stop saying stupid things. This is insulting the memory of Bruce Lee, by having his part played by a twat, who is just a musician not even an actor and can't fight for shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 pm

SSMG wrote:
Ryan Reynolds is actually a good actor he still maybe able to pull it off. Most parts he's played he's normally done well in bad films like Blade Trinity he's the best thing about them.

Jay Chou is playing the part of the greatest martial artist who ever lived, and isn't even an actor.

Who do you honestly will ruin the franchise more. I'm certain Green Lantern will be a better on screen adaptation then Superman returns at worst it will be average, at best it might be entertaining despite changing some core details.

The fact that any chinese person would do for the role of Bruce Lee just shows how backward thinking people working in film still are regarding race. This is like Hal Jordan being played by Justin Bieber.

Also the average person hasn't heard of green lantern, no one in my social circles even knows who that character is and no I don't hang around with people who read comic books and i do have lots of friends.

EDIT: also you might wanna say what they've done with the movie that bothers you.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Baal wrote:
I like how Ace didn't bother to get a picture of Seth Rogen in the actual suit and did bother to get one for Ryan Reynolds.
I went on google images for both. And I couldn't find a good picture with seth. But I did find some funny ones. So it fit into the joke of him being the character since the original Green hornet was hilarous. Atleast he was in the movie Biography of Bruce Lee.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Quote :
Also the average person hasn't heard of green lantern, no one in my social circles even knows who that character is and no I don't hang around with people who read comic books and i do have lots of friends.
Have they never seen Justice League?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 pm

Ace wrote:
Baal wrote:
I went on google images for both. And I couldn't find a good picture with seth. But I did find some funny ones. So it fit into the joke of him being the character since the original Green hornet was hilarous. Atleast he was in the movie Biography of Bruce Lee.

"Seth Rogen Green Hornet
"Page 3"

I get this.

Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Green-hornet-for-real

And if you're looking for something more cinematic then here's this.

Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Green-hornet-trailer
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
SSMG wrote:
Ryan Reynolds is actually a good actor he still maybe able to pull it off. Most parts he's played he's normally done well in bad films like Blade Trinity he's the best thing about them.

Jay Chou is playing the part of the greatest martial artist who ever lived, and isn't even an actor.

Chou's been acting for 5 years now, Buu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 am

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
SSMG wrote:

Doesn't make him a good one.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 am

Savage∞ wrote:
Quote :
Have they never seen Justice League?
Haven't even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 am

Quote :
"Page 3"

Yep thats lazyness on my part sorry.

Quote :
Haven't even heard of it.
What what what?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
SSMG wrote:

It's the fact you're using his singing career to somehow reflect how he is as an actor when he's been acting for a good while now. Tobi tried to do this with the youngest Jonas brother and the kid did just fine when he acted in Ponyo.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Cher won an Oscar for her first big role.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
SSMG wrote:

It's the fact you're using his singing career to somehow reflect how he is as an actor when he's been acting for a good while now. Tobi tried to do this with the youngest Jonas brother and the kid did just fine when he acted in Ponyo.
My point is they could have chosen someone who is known to be good for acting or good for fighting, not being considered good in either category is bullshit.

I'm always up for people being able to possibly be on par but this guy blatently won't be.

I personally would have cast Nicolas Tse.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Atleast somebody with a martial arts background.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
EDIT: also you might wanna say what they've done with the movie that bothers you.

I don't know what exactly bothers me. I'd say its a just little bit of everything. The main actor Ryan reynolds isn't my favorite actor. he seems like an over confident douche to me(although for thsi movie it might fit) The costume just looks silly. The brightness effect of the suit take predence over the actual suit itself. The plot/ story seems alright but I think the villian looks ridic... who is the viilian anyway? The Green latern corps planet just look too fake, alot in this movie just looks too fake to me. The trailer hasn't shown any fight scenes though so that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Although I can't lie... I love his car.

It's not like I hate the movie I'm gunna give it a try by seeing it in theatres but I can't say it drew me in instantly or anything... who knows maybe it will grow on me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:26 pm

I honestly don't think there was enough to go by in that trailer to think it would be bad. Ryan Reynolds is a kinda love him hate him actor, hopefully he can pull it off. I do agree that the suit looks kinda dumb but there's probably like 6 months before this film is released so hopefully the CGI will be cleaned up a bit. Sinestro was there maybe he'll be the big bad I haven't really heard anything about this movie so i can't really comment.

There's a guy with a swollen head in the trailer but i dunno if that was someone being attacked or a villain i don't know much about the green lantern I thought Hal jordan was the first but he's apparently the second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Hornet vs Green Lantern   Green Hornet vs Green Lantern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Hornet vs Green Lantern
Page 1 of 1