Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger

Go down 
+5
Neo
Ellis
Kaio
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Ayla is a power house and kisses girls to heal them, what more is wanted in a woman.

Anyways I fixed the masamune and am gonna fight magus took out some crossdresser called flea, i'm wrecking all the bosses fairly easy in this.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm

It will get harder. trust me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Must have forgot to mention i defeated Magus this transported me to 65 millions BC. He really wasn't tough.

I was in 65 million BC i defeated some reptite guy who was riding a freaking tyrannosaurus, that was a tricky fight but still managed to do it without too much trouble but this is definitely trickier then the average RPG.

After that i saw Lavos landing which was a bit odd, Ayla joined which is awesome I think I'll be using her quite a bit, as her strength is really high.

Then went to 12000BC to some floating islands I met a guy named Dalton not sure if i've met him before or heard the name or what. He seemed to want to fight me or cause me some trouble, but i'll worry about that after i get to the palace. I got some creepy ass kid tell me one of my gang is gonna die, so that kinda blows.

Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:00 pm

I always use Crono, Frog, and Ayla in my group after beating the dinosaur guy (whose name I forget).
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:04 pm

I try to mix up the party to see what all the abilities avilab le are, but yeah i'd probably use that combo if i continued playing this.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:14 pm

When you get the Blue Stone, Robo, Lucca, and Magus get the best triple tech.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

So I've been playing this a bit lately, and I gotta say, one thing I really like about this is how the map stays the same and changes heaps at the same time with the different time periods. It's just nice the way it's done.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:19 am

I honestly think if a game could be given a full and SExy 3d HD remake. This game should be near the top of the list. Theplot elements and the stuff you commented on alone would make this a game that could be just visually amazing and put pretty much every RPG to date to shame.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 am

That would be pretty sick. Especially if they remade Cross as well and made a pack out of it. Cross is actually the main reason I'm playing this, a friend of mine told me to play that and I thought well I might as well do it properly and play this too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:35 am

Chronotrigger seems pretty awesome as they seem to learn moves from playing with certain characters and shit, because of that I just kept switiching my team around. Try to make sure n one tries to spoil the suprises in the game for you. Might be worth keeping multiple save files though as i think you get different endings depending on when you decide to rap up the game. You can literally finish it at the beginning if you want, but you probably need a new game+ file to do that.

Honestly i think these old 2D games need more respect.

People want games from last gen remade going back to the SNES and Genesis era and being able to make ully fledged 3d games (especially for RPGs) is just the sensible thing to do. Hell i wouldn't even care if they did retellings and added in random new side missions to make it more of a new game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Chrono Trigger is one of the most praised, if not overrated, rpgs of the old days so you needn't worry, it's definitely gotten a lot of respect.

And I really don't want Square-Enix to mess anything up by remaking it. Chrono Trigger should be left alone now and stay as the classic it is. It really doesn't need to be redone with fancy new graphics and stuff. They already did a decent port with new stuff for the DS ages back and that was good enough for me.

What they should do is add Chrono Cross to the import section in the EU/AU PSN store.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 am

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Chrono Trigger is one of the most praised, if not overrated, rpgs of the old days so you needn't worry, it's definitely gotten a lot of respect.

And I really don't want Square-Enix to mess anything up by remaking it. Chrono Trigger should be left alone now and stay as the classic it is. It really doesn't need to be redone with fancy new graphics and stuff. They already did a decent port with new stuff for the DS ages back and that was good enough for me.

What they should do is add Chrono Cross to the import section in the EU/AU PSN store.

Seeing as every single time people are going on about games that need remakes. I never hear old gen games being included in those lists. I really don't think we're talking about the same kind of respect.

Honestly with the bollocks RPG that exist these days, which basically require you to either buy a handheld or be a lolicon fan, its stupid for this not to be considered an option. I'd rather have DQ games on PS3 but it ain't gonna happen. So remakes of classics will be the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 am

You never see the great old games on those lists because people respect them enough to know they should be left alone. They're timeless.

Chrono Trigger is one game that has not taken the brutal bitch slap of time that badly and that's why not many people are desperate for one. Not to say there aren't some, though. Some people even tried making one themselves(but that was shot down, of course).

But really, it's just better to leave it alone than to waste their efforts on making some full blown remake with crummy voice acting, undoubtably cheesier dialogue, and butchered characters.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 am

SOK wrote:

They STILL haven't done this. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I went and replayed this game recently for the gazillionth time. Never went and tried to fill up the alternate endings list of my DS version. I'm a bit ticked off, though, as I wound up missing out on my chance to get Ending 12.

They give you such a small window of opportunity to nab it. What's worse is that I actually did go a try to take out Lavos after I reached that specific moment, but I wound up doing a tiny little thing right before I went to do the fight which rendered that particular ending impossible to gain. Guess I'll have to wind up doing another playthrough some time in the future. Hell, maybe even right afterwards considering how overpowered you are after the first playthrough. I pretty much blazed through this round one-hit killing almost everything and it only felt slightly longer and tedious because I kept running back to lavos at different points in the story for all the other endings.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm

For my sins, and despite my love for RPGs, I've never player Chrono Trigger. Is it still worth checking out?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Definitely. I had a good bit of fun with it when I played the ds remake.

And in addition to everything Buu mentioned, it also has a great soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Definitely play it sim, like i can't remember why i loved it but it has a really cool battle systema dn the plot is pretty insane.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 am

Skip wrote:
Definitely. I had a good bit of fun with it when I played the ds remake.

Updated port, brutha.

And yes, play it, Simian. This is one of the better games of the old Squaresoft era. It has a unique battle system and such perfect pacing. It has this streamlined structure that really renders the game devoid of the tedium and bloatedness you'd find in other RPGs at the time, yet it still has quite a bit of content to enjoy. Along with it just being flat out good, said pacing is why the game has so much replayability.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Almost a year later, I'm finally making good on my promise to catch up with Chrono Trigger. I'm playing an emulated SNES ROM on my phone, so the controls are a bit hit and miss in places, but it cost me nothing as opposed to spending thirty quid on the DS port (which I still might buy if I love the game as much as I hope I will).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 9:11 am

I'm a little way in now, maybe five or six hours, and have just been to the future, fixed the robot again and been told I can only carry three passengers through time. Fine. Still, without the benefit of rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, I'm seeing a fair few imperfections, chiefly that half the battle techs are based on on-field positioning (ie hitting enemies in a straight line, or clustered) yet there's no way to position yourself or enemies on screen to take advantage of this. It's literally just dumb luck as to whether or not you're positioned just so at the start of a fight, which is utterly stupid.

I'm going to keep plodding on in the hope that the story really does blow my mind (though I'm currently suspecting a Final Fantasy 1 style time loop of some description), but thus far Chrono Trigger is a very old-school RPG with as many pros and cons as that brings to the table, and it isn't yet doing anything remotely exceptional.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm

£30? I dont think it'll cost that much now .... though i haven't checked
Anyways dont mind me im just passing through lol.

Though im kinda surprised i dont see a Chrono Cross thread anywhere...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm

£30 based on average eBay activity that I've seen over the past couple of days. Anyway, haven't played much today. Been dicking about trying various time zones, but despite the illusion, there's not much scope for doing stuff before you're meant to.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Oh i see it still has a high value. Well whenever your ready, right? Take your time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger   Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superbuu3 Plays: Chrono Trigger
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2