Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dang.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I forgot how much I hated ultras. Not because of their damage(although it was a lot more unforgiving in the original SFIV) but because they always work as long as the opponent doesn't dodge or isn't far away.

I almost beat a guy with a heavy kick while crouching...and then during the middle of the animation of my attack...bam. Ultra, instant invulnerability, I get screwed, the end. =/

/end mini rant.

Oh! Probably another thing I can bitch about as how I also forgot how obnoxious the sensitivity of the controls were and still are(hell, the shoulder buttons barely need pressing and they still can execute their respective attacks by accident).

I mean SDBZ had almost the same exact set up and you could practically do anything right as long as you followed the command list right, in SFIV it requires...I dunno, God-like speed or or 100% exact proper execution(although Moose takes the criticism a little too far, the only moves that are a bitch are the ultras really). Maybe it's the ps3 controller's fault and not the game itself. That or maybe they really want you to get those arcade sticks as everyone suggests.

Still it's good to be back in SF anyway. Endless Battle really takes up most of my SF play time these past few days, I barely bothered doing many arcade stuff yet. It's that awesome.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm

I wasn't bitching about the fiddly controls. Ultras are easy to throw out. I was bitching about the lightning fast combo system.

You can block ultras by the way, you don't have to dodge them. They do chip damage though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:02 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I wasn't bitching about the fiddly controls. Ultras are easy to throw out. I was bitching about the lightning fast combo system.

You can block ultras by the way, you don't have to dodge them. They do chip damage though.

No, I KNOW you can block them too, I've made it pretty blatant since that's what I do most of the time ever since the original SFIV(followed by me doing a successful throw), this is newb knowledge. I'm referring to when you do an attack that should have worked but ends up not doing so because they pulled off an ultra just barely in time. Are there any moves that don't get fucked up by such bullshit?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm

I dunno. I don't really play the game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Well I'd ask Baal considering he always brags about being better than me and shit(even though most of the time I win) but whenever I don't accidentally jump into his ultra like the awesome idiot I am, I usually block his ultras then screw him over instead of trying to counter them.

Thankfully this rarely happens to me but when it does...BULLSHIT. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:30 pm

the huge combo strings are the only real difficulty the specials and everything are really easy
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
WintySoSolo
Deck Hand

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Quote :
I mean SDBZ had almost the same exact set up and you could practically do anything right as long as you followed the command list right, in SFIV it requires...I dunno, God-like speed or or 100% exact proper execution(although Moose takes the criticism a little too far, the only moves that are a bitch are the ultras really). Maybe it's the ps3 controller's fault and not the game itself. That or maybe they really want you to get those arcade sticks as everyone suggests.

Street Fighter has a smaller window to press the button after you do the motion than most other games. It varies from game to game (IaMP has an even smaller window) and just takes a bit of getting used to - I use a stick and it took me about ten minutes to adjust to the timing in 4 compared to guilty gear and MBAA. Having the stick doesn't make it easier to press a button faster, but it helps other problems. It's a shame that none of the current gen controllers have a good D-pad.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I've spent over a year since the original SFIV came out trying to get used to such ridiculous fast timing needed to execute some moves. I probably just suck at it.

But SSFIV's controls do really seem more sensitive than in the original. I don't recall accidentally using L2 or R2 as much just by resting my fingers near them in the original SFIV.

Last edited by Y'know that? I hate that on Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:51 pm

The frame rate has bugger all to do with it. It's 30fps. Tekken 6 is 60fps. But basic jabs in Tekken are 10 frames, whereas in SF they can be 2 or 3 frames or something, which is about twice as fast as Tekken's jabs.

Although in T6 everything was slowed down slightly. Jabs in Tekken 5 were 8 frames I think.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The frame rate has bugger all to do with it.

Of course they have something to do with it. Similar to Tekken, a lot of its core play is built on executing a move after getting used to timing and frames. Even though that's more for the hardcore players to waste their lives with.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Yeah, SF has faster timing, not a faster frame rate. It has half as many frames per second as Tekken as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I never said it has a faster frame rate than Tekken's. Anyway I know what you are talking about. It was just bad wording on my part. When I'm thinking of the timing and how people discuss the amount of frames a move goes through, I just blurted out the topic of the discussion as "frame rate" for some reason. Maybe it's because I criticise anime's lack of FPS too much or something.

Last edited by Y'know that? I hate that on Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:12 pm

You said it had a ridiculously fast frame rate. It doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I just changed my post and explained what I meant. I didn't mean "it had a fast frame rate", that was just bad wording, ignore it, I'm all tired and kookie right now. I was just calling the whole topic of studying frames that because I'm so used to bitching about frame rate often, y'know how I am.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:45 pm

this is what happens when you dont have a nap
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:49 pm

But....I'm not tired...of...criticising...things yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dang.   Dang. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dang.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Fighting :: Street Fighter-
Jump to: