Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i now own DoA 4...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 am

given to me as a B-day present (by the way everyone, it was march 30th)

keep it or sell it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:17 am

Play it for tits.

Then sell it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:18 am

Play it. DOA is always fun. I still own mine.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:27 am

when will they make 5

seriously all they care about is making volley ball shit these days
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 am

Itigaki and most of his team left the company. If there's another DOA it won't be made by Team Ninja. That PSP volleyball game wasn't made by them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 am

is that necessarily a big problem

surely with a game like dead or alive you make more stage
imprve interactivity with environment

speed it up about
and your good to go
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 am

so i've been playing it for a while now and here's my findings (see: complaints):

the characters range from broken to shit based on whether the CPU is playing as them or not (the CPU's are actually BETTER than the players i've encountered due to horrifyingly scary rubberband AI and instant *correct* counter inputs) so any combo's longer than two hits (if that) will be countered. no exceptions. all of the 'ninja' characters get invincibility during their attacks, so good luck interrupting them. and the final boss is your standard 'water-textured copy character with far too much damage/too long combos and teleport-spamming', but i actually like it for that for some reason.

I've gotten fairly good as the russian guy (he uses a martial art i like--combat sambo--and plays wonderfully for someone who aims to annoy other players, like me. he specializes in countering/grabbing yet isnt the 'Zangief' of the game) and i've sorta figured out the countering system (forward-counters are against kicks, back-counters against punches, and you can combo the counters into grabs and vice-versa)

it's okay i guess, but it seems sorta biased towards the ninjas (particularly hayabusa and the purple-haired girl) IMO.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 pm

It's backwards counters for everything except mid kicks and jumping kicks.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I had DOA 2 / 3, and they're actually very decent fighting games. Of course, most people have trouble seeing beyond the breasts so manage to miss the fighting mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i now own DoA 4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: i now own DoA 4...   i now own DoA 4... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i now own DoA 4...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Fighting-
Jump to: