Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Empty
PostSubject: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 am

It was really good.

It used the footage from the anime for most of the movie again, but all in all, I enjoyed it mainly because ONCE AGAIN they used all of the money they had in the budget for the last 30 minutes of it.

Okay, spoilers incoming for those of you who thinks this series' story is DEEP AND WONDERMOUS.

-Only Kittan Dies
-Everyone gets Tengen Toppa Gunmen
-The SUPER Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann is basically Kamina and the SUPER Grand Zamboa is basically cooler than the SUPER Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann.
-The fight with the Anti-Spiral ends like Scryed does (IE: The guys punch the crap out of each other until one of them creates a weapon and kills the other with it).
-There's a few seconds added on to the end that makes Simon becoming a hobo more understandable.
-Oh and they actually explain shit that was made horribly vague before, IE: WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD THE UNIVERSE EXPLODE IF WE USED SPIRAL ENERGY?
-Oh and they Retcon Lordgenome's origins so he surrendered to the Anti-Spirals instead of... you know, betraying humans and fucking them all up.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 am

So we got cooler fights, But also got the Lordgenome turned pussy treatment?

...Meh
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Nia still dies though? Sad

I didnt plan on seeing these movies since I read they were basically recaps of the anime, but are they worth watching?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Yes Nia still dies, thank god.

And I guess you should probably just watch the last 30 minutes of both movies as those are the only times they're worth watching.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

CHOPPA DOOL! wrote:
Yes Nia still dies, thank god.

Whether I hate or like a good-side character, a happy ending is what I like to look for if it involves them. I hate (more like I'm just shocked and feel like cussing) anime and movies that have the romantic interest die in the end. Now, if it's in the beginning which allows us to watch 90 or more minutes of the protagonist getting epic revenge, then i'm cool with that.

And what was wrong with Nia?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Quote :
Whether I hate or like a good-side character, a happy ending is what I like to look for if it involves them.

I don't, Nia is a bland and dull character who I could care less about. While I don't believe she deserved death, I can honestly say that she will not be missed.

Quote :
I hate (more like I'm just shocked and feel like cussing) anime and movies that have the romantic interest die in the end.

Because god forbid someone try something different, huh?

Quote :
And what was wrong with Nia?

I'll repeat myself. Bland, dull, I'm not given any genuine reason to care about her other than she's Simon's piece of ass, oh and she's disgustingly sweet.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Quote :
Because god forbid someone try something different, huh?

all in all, still liked TTGL, just shocked at the ending. Even more when they both knew it was goin to happen. oh god just thinkin about... Sad
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Replacing Kamina is Nia's greatest crime.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:58 am

Kaio wrote:
Replacing Kamina is Nia's greatest crime.

Is this supposed to be a shot at me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.   Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal's thoughts on Gurren-Lagann the Lagann Chapter.
Page 1 of 1