Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Empty
PostSubject: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:26 pm

"They do all of the cool stuff in the cutscenes and you can't do it during gameplay."

I agree it's the man's opinion and while I have no problem with him bashing my favorite games this is one little complaint of his I feel the need to address.

Yeah, so? How the fuck do you expect them to integrate half of this shit into gameplay? What would you prefer, quick-time events?
Back to top Go down

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 pm

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Coiffio_328x328
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 pm

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Seizuregif-Don-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 pm

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. CrazyYami-Don3-1
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Quote :
Xemnas326

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Courage-Wolf-DRINK-BEER-STOP-BEING-A-FAGGOT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 pm

That's perfectly good bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 pm

So?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:37 pm

So's your face. That's what.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 pm

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Jack_sparrow
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Skip wrote:
I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Jack_sparrow
4chan ended the game.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Also, seen this coming
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 pm

The game was lost the day you were born.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

touche
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:54 am

CHOPPA DOOL! wrote:
"They do all of the cool stuff in the cutscenes and you can't do it during gameplay."

I agree it's the man's opinion and while I have no problem with him bashing my favorite games this is one little complaint of his I feel the need to address.

Yeah, so? How the fuck do you expect them to integrate half of this shit into gameplay? What would you prefer, quick-time events?

i think he was looking at it from the opposite side
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:13 am

What opposite side? You mean regular people?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 am

CHOPPA DOOL! wrote:
What opposite side? You mean regular people?

na i meant probably thinking of it as if you can't do it in game its kinda like teasing the player (IIRC he did say it was cool in the DMC4 review, he just didn't like not being able to be a part of it)

he probably didn't expect any of it to be implemented in game, he just thought if it wasn't there was no use for it to be there
personally i always like the DMC cutscenes and i have no real problem with them being that way, although they should let you jump through a window like the intro of DMC2 that was sweet and shoot shit as you drop, that could easily be in game

i remember nonny bringing up a similar point about prototype and how mercer uses claw and blade at same time even though its not available in game
i guess its only really a problem when you think you might be able to do some of it then while playing the game your disappointed when you finish and never learn such a skill (again not something i experienced myself, i only noticed the protoype thing on starting my second playthrough, probably more so cause nonny had mentioned it)
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 am

Prototype's stuff could easily have been in the game though. In the opening Alex uses the claws while he's disguised, which could very easily have been an upgrade you could purchase. But it's not, so you can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:32 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Prototype's stuff could easily have been in the game though. In the opening Alex uses the claws while he's disguised, which could very easily have been an upgrade you could purchase. But it's not, so you can't do it.

oh that bit
i thought you meant the blade in one arm and the claw in the other

reason for that not being implemented would simply be you would give away your mercer by doing it
well 2 things:
1. would increase cool down time on disguises as you'd need to rtansform back into alex to not give away disguise (a fwe seconds make a huge diff in later sections)
2. it would make controls messy to as you'd need to deactivate various powers to go back into disguise

and practical standpoint they were probably too lazy to do all the diff character models for vaious disguises with various powers activated
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 am

It wouldn't cause any problems for the controls. Activating powers would work exactly the same as it does normally. You have the wheel, and the quick select on the d-pad. You can have one offensive, defensive, and visual power active at the same time, without needing to deactivate any of them to activate others. Just treat the disguise like that.

It wouldn't be that useful, but it'd be easy to implement and it'd be fun. Ideally there'd be some kind of stealth kill option with it, like the stealth consume. Which was what happened in the intro.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:01 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It wouldn't cause any problems for the controls. Activating powers would work exactly the same as it does normally. You have the wheel, and the quick select on the d-pad. You can have one offensive, defensive, and visual power active at the same time, without needing to deactivate any of them to activate others. Just treat the disguise like that.

It wouldn't be that useful, but it'd be easy to implement and it'd be fun. Ideally there'd be some kind of stealth kill option with it, like the stealth consume. Which was what happened in the intro.

i meant as in to go into disguise i may have to press up down left to actually go into disguise
and sometimes that gap where your not seen (if loads of helicopters) only lasts an instant

but i guess that would be awesome
i really just wish every power had an extensive tree of moves
just to make things look cool
i think gen erally i ended up using muscle mass just cause i could use all the normal combos with it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.   I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've only really got one problem with Yahtzee's DMC4 and Bayonetta reviews.
Page 1 of 1