Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review Empty
PostSubject: Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review   Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 pm

This films a little old but i don't think many people watched it so i'll give it a little review generally spoiler free as usual.

Next stars Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel, the basic premise of the film is you have a man who can see 2 minutes into the future. Cage was commonly put into the action role in most of his earlier films and this is quite a change of pace from his usual films. This film has a lot of interesting ideas and the number of scenarios generated from a man only being able to see 2 minutes into the future is amazing in this film. Honestly given the general idea of this film i doubt i would have understood the sheer number of applications they use this power for in the film.

I'd probably describe the film as a suspense thriller and i could be completely wrong i'm terrible at labelling movies. Either way there are some decent action segments in the movie and there is also great use of special effects, CGI not being too overused as is the case in some films and all the action on screen does look real for the most part.

Despite Cage's all round good performance really making you sympathise with the character he still can be kind of annoying to look at on screen, for some people and yeah he's basically the same in this movie he's certainly looking worse then normal, although this fits the characters role well. Opposite you have Jessica Biel who for some will balance this as she's considered hot, though for me she still kinda looks old to. Julianne Moore is as brilliant as ever in her role during the movie, which i won't discuss here to avoid spoilers.

Lets talk about minor shortcomings, which some people would heavily disagree with and you can only really judge for yourself, the main problem i had with this film is it has no real ending and by that i mean yeah Cage's character finally embraces his ability but outside of that there seems to be loose ends. This by no means derails the impact of the film its more that it seems strange there was never talks of a sequel or anything else. This could simply be that the most interesting issues surrounding the character have all been covered in this film and any more on this character would appear drab or turn this into another superhero franchise.

Overall this film is definitely worth watching at least once as most of you probably would have missed this.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review   Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I never saw this. Apart from Face/Off and to a lesser extent Con Air and 8mm, all of Cage's films looked pretty shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review   Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 am

face off at the time was great
the rock is one of the best action films ever

ghost rider DC was alright
conair is a no brain action film don't really expect much from it

never saw 8mm heard it was good yet unsettling

i'd recommend watching this for the fact the premise is quite unique
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review   Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next - Superbuu3 Movie Review
Page 1 of 1