Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh

Go down 
+5
Golden Boy
Kaio
Kimarous
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Empty
PostSubject: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 am

shit yugi is like a badass

wtf i would never have imagined that
also it currently has very little to do with cards
i'm debating watchinig the dub and reading synopsis telling me whats cut out
cause i heard the subs are horrible
what do you think i should do? and is it worth watching?

i also found the singapore dub which is uncut but awful voice acting
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm

To bad he looses Exodia
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

First few episodes as in "Season Zero", where all manner of games were used?

Also, Kaiba had green hair and Mokuba was evil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 pm

He killed people with board games/video games/gambling and mind crushed everyone he let live. Season zero is okay from what I heard.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Season Zero is fucking terrible. The manga is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 pm

The manga starts at season 0 Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm

The first seven volumes of the manga and Season Zero are completely different.

Thank you Toei for being terrible.

(The rest of the manga and the popular anime are quite different too, but not as much as the first part.)
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm

GX is better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:33 pm

yeah this was season zero

the fact they play different games is cool
although it relly does feel like none of them know how to play the actual card game the series is based on o_O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 pm

It was suppose be about random games. The duel monster stuff got added later on and stood.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 pm

oh right if it carried on like this it probably would have been better

i'll check out the later stuff i hope pplcarry on dying i just realised how many mainstream animes don't kill ppl

that made things kinda entertaining
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:48 pm

People did die in the later anime. The Shadow Realm is its dub replacement.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:51 pm

is that like the next dimension in DBZ
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes, except that 4Kids actually used stuff like purple mist and glowing hacksaws to prove their point that it is all magic and no death is involved.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:58 pm

lol well i guess thats commitment to a bit

but is this show interesting?
is it actually worth checking out i just planned on watching season zero as ppl said its totally different
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:03 pm

I've only watched bits and pieces of the Japanese version (namely the stuff 4Kids put up on YT) and it was pretty good, but not as good as the manga. It was a lot better than Toei's botched version of the first manga arcs.

YGO isn't like DBZ, Naruto, OP etc. where it follows the manga word for word. It does its own thing most of the time, until Battle City.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah, the duel with Kaiba at the end of the first seven volumes and capsule monsters with Mokuba were supposed to be the only occurrences of these two games.

Look at where they are now.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Actually the duels with Kaiba are in volume 2 and 5. After that comes Bakura's RPG game. That was awesome too. And after that comes the Pegasus invite with subsequent Duelist Kingdom arc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:10 pm

He's suppose to be a King of Games not magical paper monsters. I think it was a bad move on their part.

Ah, well. They made a shit load of money in America with it
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 am

I liked the holy dragons arc or w/e they were called. There were three dragons, a weird magical seal that turned ppl evil etc. After that, i lost touch with yugioh during its last arc, when Yami Bakura was the main bad guy.

Last edited by Janemba on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:47 am

yeah the weird rpg game thing was actually quite entertaining

miho is really shit though
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:12 am

Janemba wrote:
I liked the holy dragons arc or w/e they were called. There were three dragons, a weird magical seal that turned ppl evil etc. After that, i lost touch with yugioh during its last arc, when Yami Bakura was the main bad guy.
yeah, i enjoyed the great leviathan arc as well.

especially the armor/fistfight durl between joey and ...that one motorcycle riding henchman with the austrailian accent (you know the one) and RAAAAAGE yami vs oricalcos weevil.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
miho is really shit though

I'm pretty sure that's an anime only character.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:58 am

Tobinator wrote:
Janemba wrote:
yeah, i enjoyed the great leviathan arc as well.

especially the armor/fistfight durl between joey and ...that one motorcycle riding henchman with the austrailian accent (you know the one) and RAAAAAGE yami vs oricalcos weevil.

The best thing about that arc is how I couldn't take Dartz's voice seriously when Joey's voice actor made him sound exactly like David Thewlis(the guy who played the villain in Dragonheart and lately is that Harry Potter dude who became a werewolf in the 3rd film).
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:33 am

So when are they doing that duel of Yami vs Yusei vs Jaden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh   so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so i watched the first few episodes of yu gi oh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next