Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months.

Go down 
+2
Talking Sock
Baal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months. Empty
PostSubject: So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months.   So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:24 am

And after doing it, I remember why this is my favorite show on Television. Now a little history about me and South Park. Back when I was about 6 or 7, I lived with my mother, her sisters, and my little sister back when she was about 2 or 3. My mom always had a policy with me, she would watch South Park even at that young of an age because...

1. It would instill me with morals for my life in the future.
2. She wouldn't really be able to stop me because we had one TV in the house at the time and my aunts always watched it whenever new episodes came on, and me being the little fiddly bastard I was back in the 90s didn't go to sleep when a cartoon was on.

Hell she even took me to see the movie and years later when I was about 13 I asked her. "Mom, did you really think it was a smart idea to let me watch this back when I was younger? Especially the movie?" And she told me, "The reason I took you to see the movie in the first place was because it would give you some sense to not do what these people do and have some common sense." I admired her for being one of the only mothers I have ever met who weren't deathly considered about what their children watched. To this day I view South Park as one of the reasons for the moralistic person I am today, so out of respect I watched all 12 seasons and I do plan to buy the DVD's when I come into some money.

SO with that being said, let me get on to what I thought.

South Park started out with just the regular toilet humor that most kids found funny back in the 90s but as the show kept going it started getting smarter with its jokes and morals. And eventually it got to the point where the show was famous for not letting anyone or anything out of its spectrum of ridicule and criticism. Through this it taught morals to both adults and children. Through how ridiculous the adults acted for the adults watching the show and through how sensible the kids were for the kids.
So let me summarize the best episode of each season

Season 1: Damien, this is around the time the show started to grow the beard. This episode was about Satan's son, Damien moving into South Park and not being able to get along with the other kids, Jesus being challenged to a boxing match by Satan, and a short joke subplot about Cartman's birthday. Damien's stuck with Pip as his only friend and constantly berates Pip for everything he does, it's quite funny to see how he does it too. Meanwhile. with the Stan vs Jesus boxing match going on everyone bets on Satan with one person how bet on Jesus and Jesus is pissed about it. Then there's Cartman who expects everyone to get him the present he wants and even passed out cards to certain people for a certain present to buy for him, the end result is hilarious when Kyle buys him something else and Cartman goes fucking nuts. And the Jesus vs Satan ends with Jesus getting the shit kicked out of him but as soon as he just touches Satan, Satan takes a dive and loses. In the end it turns out Satan was the one who bet on Jesus and got the money. It's fucking hilarious.

Season 2 - Terrence and Phillip in Not Without My Anus, this episode is just awesome. Not only is this episode pure comedic gold, it has plenty of history around it. You see, when this episode first aired it aired in place of another more anticipated episode that would've started off from the cliffhanger Season finale of Season 1 (Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut) and since instead of seeing Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut, instead we got this episode. Outrage came because people had been anticipating the previous episode only to get this one and so many people called in with angry phone calls, sent hate mail and just loads of other shit happened, it was hilarious. Matt and Trey even admitted that this was their favorite episode in the DVD Commentary despite it being one of the least liked episodes. The episode is about Terrence going to find his daughter *Conceived by him and Celine Dion) in Tehran (Sally), because Scott called Saddam to get rid of them both and in exchange for this Saddam moves his troops into Canada and begins to slowly take it over. Terrance and Phillip head out to Tehran, here they manage to find Sally within a few seconds of landing and quickly head back home. When they return they notice something is very wrong with Canada and Scott blames it all on them knowing full and well it was his own fault. Celine Dion is kidnapped by Saddam and forced to sing at a Football game. In the end Terrence and Phillip save the day and the episode ends in more hilarity.

Season 3 - Sexual Harassment Panda, another awesome episode. This episode is basically about a Panda coming to teach the kids about Sexual Harassment and Cartman taking Stan to court for calling him an "Asslicker." Kyle's dad represents him in court (Gerald) and they win. This continues and Gerald keeps getting richer by having people sue other people for sexual harassment. It gets so bad that everyone ends up suing everyone and all of them ending up in court. Meanwhile, the Sexual Harassment Panda is sent to the "Island of Misfit Mascots" because he's out of work and really, what does a panda have to do with Sexual Harassment? The boys find him and end up convincing him to stop everyone and he changes his name to "Peter the Don't Sue People Panda." Everyone (including Gerald after everyone threatens to sue him) learns the errors of their ways and drop the case.

Season 4 - Pip, yeah that's fucking right. This was my favorite episode just because of how well it captures my vision of England. I believe that someone like Moose did grow up like Pip. I believe that Moose was a young British Boy who was in love with a girl who constantly insulted her and that he too helped passing ruffians and later was put into a Gentleman's school by them. I believe that he did have an older sister that always yelled and was the apprentice of a blacksmith. I believe that Moose tried to save the girl before her body was taken over by some old hag thanks to some evil machine and everyone lived happily ever after. Seriously though, I loved this episode because of how different it was to the other episodes in Season 4.

Season 5 - This was tough because Season 5 was full of fantastic episodes but I'm gonna have to go with It hits the fan. I love this episode just because of how it was created and the premise of it. For those of you who don't know, Matt and Trey tried hard to get this episode approved but when Trey suggested "What if we said Shit like 200 times in one episode?" the execs went "That could be interesting." AND SO THIS EPISODE WAS BORN. Basically the entire episodes premise is that the town becomes excited about SHit being said for the first time on TV. After it is said it becomes a normal every day word like everything else until people start puking up their guts. The boys and Chef uncover the origins of the word to find out that it's called a Curse-Word for a reason amd that there are knights who make sure these words are never overused. They go to a screening of a TV show that planned to say shit 40-something times and when they try to stop the executive, he gets pissed and starts saying it at rapid-fire. Thanks to this a giant dragon arises from the ground and the knights who protect the words are unable to defeat it. Kyle kills it using a magical tablet and everyone learns an important lesson, but not really. What makes this episode better is that it has a meter at the bottom which records the amount of times it is said, it reaches 168 and in visual instances the words is used 32 times making it an even 200.

Season 6 - Professor Chaos, I love this episode purely because of how much crap happens in it. Butters is relieved from his position as the boys' fourth friend and he creates the persona of Professor Chaos to cause Chaos. He does very menial things and considers them super evil which only goes to show how Butters is probably the most innocent character on this show and he's all the more tragically funny for it. Meanwhile, the boys are starting a contest to who will be their fourth friend. Dougie finds out about Butters and joins him as General Disarray. The episode starts coming to a close with Butters and Dougie walking up to the top of a hill and then start spraying aerosol cans trying to destroy the Ozone layer, the boys are about to choose the fourth friend, and one of six people in South park have died and will be never seen again. The episode ends with this wonderful little line.
Quote :

"Will Professor Chaos's latest plot succeed and be the final undoing of Earth? And which boy has been chosen to be the replacement for Kenny? And which of these six South Park residents was killed, and will never be seen again? The answer to those questions will be answered... right now: No, Tweek, Ms. Choksondik."

Season 7 - Again, this was a pretty tough one, but I'm gonna go with It's Christmas in Canada. This episode is basically the Wizard of Oz with South Parks usual charm affecting it. Ike's brother is taken to Canada thanks to a new law passed by the Canadian Prime Minister. Thanks to this the rest of the town feels sympathy and instead of buying presents they planned to spend it all on the Broflovski's to get Ike back, you can imagine how much this pisses off Cartman. The boys go to Canada to find him before Christmas otherwise Cartman says he's going to kill kyle if they miss Christmas and meet several Canadian stereotypes along the way and it ends with Saddam Hussein masquerading as the Prime Minister. The boys get Ike back but it's Christmas and Cartman is pissed at Kyle because he missed it. Cartman is ready to fight Kyle and Kyle just lightly punches him and Cartman starts breaking down and crying. The Canadians invite the boys to spend Christmas in Canada style.

Season 8 - Good Times With Weapons, this one was obligatory. The boys buy weapons and pretend to be ninja. Butters, jealous of them becomes Professor Chaos and fights them. It ends with Kenny lodging a shuriken into Butters' eye and the boys trying to get him to a veterinarian after dressing him up like a dog. Craig and others show up and distract the boys with their new weapons and Butters goes missing. Butters turns up in a Hospital and is then sent to a veterinarian because he looks like a dog. He is then violated by the bodily fluids of several animals while the boys go looking for him. Cartman tries to get past adults by becoming invisible with his ninja powers (He gets naked, actually), and the adults go into an outrage when they see him. This is made even worse because Butters comes up in the horrible shape he was in and the town is really only pissed at Cartman's being naked. This episode is great for many reasons, it spoofs some anime, Cartman's goading of Kyle when he wants to get rid of the weapons, the town overreacting more at nudity of Cartman rather than the gory scene that was Butters which mimicked American society perfectly back then. And who could forget that awesome theme song in the middle of the episode.

Season 9 - Trapped in the Closet, it was expected. This episode was absolutely brilliant. Showing how hilariously ridiculous Scientology is and how ridiculous some of its followers are. The episode begins with Stan taking a test to find something "Fun and Free" and is believed by the Scientologists to be the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard. The religion is then explained to Stan with the words THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVES printed across the bottom of the screen. Stan then begins writing more and more pages of the book of Scientology until he is visited by Tom Cruise and says that he doesn't think his acting is all that great. Shocked, Tom Cruise locks himself in Stan's closet. Several people try to get him out of the closet, John Travolta, R. Kelly and others. During a review with the editor of the books who put Stan up as the reincarnation is looking at the script and is impressed and then Stan says how he think some of this is real and the Editor is shocked and tells him how this is all a lie. Later Stan calls a meeting to tell everyone the truth and an outrage happens. Tom Cruise and the others come out of the closet and insult him and the Church says how they are gonna sue Stan. The episode ends with Stan saying "SUE ME, I DARE YOU!" which is Trey and Matt calling out the Church of Scientology and daring them to sue them for insulting their "religion". The credits then roll with everyone named "John Doe" and "Jane Doe." This episode is great for many reasons but it's also sad in a way. It's believed that this episode was the reason that Isaac Hayes left South Park and Chef was ultimately killed.

Season 10 - Oh god, this was one was probably one of the most difficult choices. This was a brilliant season all around and it came down to two episodes for me and I had such trouble to know which one I liked better, but I figured out which one I liked more, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy. The main reason I love this episode is because of Cartman. At the beginning of the episode he berates the Ginger Hall Monitor and then when he is made the Hall Monitor he takes it so seriously he turns into Dog the Bounty Hunter, it is fucking hilarious. Anyways the episode is about Ike falling in love with his teacher and vice-versa. Cartman eventually busts both of them for making out but he doesn't really care until he learns that they were making out in his hallway. Ike and the teacher run away together and everyone goes after them. Cartman takes it to such an extent that he has his own crew now and they use bear mace to get through most of security. The episode ends with Ike and the teacher on top of a roof and the teacher decides that if she can't be happy with Ike alive then she'd rather they both die. She jumps off of the building and dies while Ike just leaves her.

Season 11 - The Entire Imaginationland Arc. It's hilarious but since it's three parts I can't really go into that much detail so here's some links.
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginationland
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginationland_Episode_II
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginationland_Episode_III

Season 12 - Tough but I'm gonna have to go with The Ungroundable. The entire episode is the Goth Kids being more awesome than usual. Vampires have shown up in South Park and the Goth Kids not only become pissed at seeing them but now they are being called Vampires too because the Vampires dress similar to them. The goth kids tried several solutions, even getting rid of the kid who started the trend, but nothing worked so they just gave up in the end. Butters studies the Vampires and ends up becoming one of them after being grounded by his parents again. After believing he really is a vampire and failed to successfully suck blood from Cartman's neck he begs the goth kids to take the source of the vampires down. Butters leads them to what started this whole mess, Hot Topic. The goth kids feel stupid for not realizing this earlier and burn down the Hot Topic. Butters goes back home believing he is cured and his parents then ground him. The episode ends with the Goth Kids delivering a speech to the entire school about the difference between Goths and Vampires and the school then cheers while the Goth Kids call them idiots.

Season 13 - Whales Whores, definitely. This was an awesome season but Whale Whores was funny but it's made the best by Cartman's singing of Pokerface. The entire episode is hilarious but it is this that seals the deal.

Last edited by Baal on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months.   So I watched South Park Seasons 1-12 in the span of a few months. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 am

Imaginationland was pretty damn awesome. This scene was great despite being so simple but so ridiculous based on the fact on all who are talking to him: