Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Go down 
+9
Talking Sock
Kaede
Superbuu3
Zero
SimianWonder
Haseoviawesome
A_Nonny_Moose
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm

I didn't like either of them that much.

Both were very repetitive games.

Still haven't completed web of shadows actuallly i'll get back to that eventually
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:09 pm

X Men wouldn't have been repetitive if it was as short as Arkham Asylum though... it's getting the balance right. As it was, I thought it did a good job of making you feel like Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
X Men wouldn't have been repetitive if it was as short as Arkham Asylum though... it's getting the balance right. As it was, I thought it did a good job of making you feel like Wolverine.

well that part was done well

but batman also has the stealth aspect and for me thats just a whole lot of fun. Even after i finish up all the predator maps i'll probably be redoing them just for the fun of it.

the riddles were a decent distraction compared to collectibles in other games (the ones you needed to look for evidence at least) even the qquestion marks were satisfying to find ( the ones you can only see in detective mode).

I also thought playble joker was a nice diversion as he actually plays quite differently, the scarecrow scenes were amazing to, even if the actual boss sequences with him just felt like VR in MGS2
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah but stealth sections wouldn't really suit Wolverine, would they?

Yes the Scarecrow sections were easily the best part of the game, barring the boring 'hide from line of sight' bits.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah but stealth sections wouldn't really suit Wolverine, would they?

Yes the Scarecrow sections were easily the best part of the game, barring the boring 'hide from line of sight' bits.

His military training and such it could be, although that wasn't what i really meant.

Other then the combat there wasn't much else to it. A lot of other heroes work better i.e. spidey you got swinging, helping civilians, combat
Hulk has combat + wrecking the city
Batman combat, stealth, gadgets hopefully batmobile
superman and ironman could have flight and combat (ironman has gadgets, supes has multiple powers)

Honestly i'd love a game of someone as versatile as the martian manhunter but that would basically be prototype

Characters like wolverine and captain america are way down my list of characters i want to play as, cyclops is right at the bottom a cyclops game would be shit.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:00 pm

X2 Wolverine's Revenge is an example of why Canadian's shouldn't ever be in stealth games.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Who do you think will be in AA2?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:36 pm

A cyclops game would just be a shooter with like 2 different weapons.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Zero wrote:

The Joker?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Baal wrote:
Zero wrote:

The Joker?

Besides the Joker and whoever it was that surfaced at the end of AA (I don't remember who it was). I think they might include Two Face and actual appearances by the Riddler.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Joker, Scarecrow, Riddler at the least

If riddler isn't in it will be a copout

Probably someone like penguin/catwoman + a not so famous one i.e. scarface or something
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Zero wrote:
Baal wrote:
Zero wrote:

The Joker?

Besides the Joker and whoever it was that surfaced at the end of AA (I don't remember who it was). I think they might include Two Face and actual appearances by the Riddler.
The surfacing arm at the end can belong to any of the main bosses, iirc it's just random which one you see.
I want to see all the villians that were hinted at in the first make a proper appearance, Calendar Man as the main antagonist needs to happen. Ra's Al Ghul also needs some screen time, I loved how they included him in the first game even though it was an easter egg at best.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Penguin would make for a cool part of the game if he turns the entire asylum into ice.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:08 pm

According to the AA 'backstory' (there was a poster up on one of the walls in game) The Penguin runs an exclusive bar or something.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Mr. Freeze needs to be in this game, dammit. He had an entire fucking frozen cell to himself.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 am

Michael Atkinson wrote:
Zero wrote:
Baal wrote:
Zero wrote:

The Joker?

The surfacing arm at the end can belong to any of the main bosses, iirc it's just random which one you see.
I want to see all the villians that were hinted at in the first make a proper appearance, Calendar Man as the main antagonist needs to happen. Ra's Al Ghul also needs some screen time, I loved how they included him in the first game even though it was an easter egg at best.

Where?!

also clayface is the only one who won't be in it

he's hardcore
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 am

He's one of the body bags.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 am

When you first visit the morgue there's a body bag with a foot sticking out with his name on a tag.
Later in the game the body has disappeared, presumably taken by the League of Assassins in order to ressurect him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:18 pm

100% on my normal save file. The final predator challenges are awesome to do. Now i have a whole new take on the game, for my hard run.

The lack of a bat sense in hard suprisingly makes things a lot more difficult but i'm getting upgrades a lot faster due to my considerably better combat skills this time round. The only problem is the occasional time i get myself spotted by a guy with a gun, which isn't too often. I can imagine stun gun guys will be a real pain though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Just finished the main story on easy, and a few of Riddler's puzzles, now I'm playing the game since the start on Normal mode
Expected the final Joker fight would be harder, not too easy

So far imo it's one of the top 3 PS3 games I played, along with AC2 and RE5 as 2nd & 3rd respectively
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 am

Dr. Faust wrote:
Just finished the main story on easy, and a few of Riddler's puzzles, now I'm playing the game since the start on Normal mode
Expected the final Joker fight would be harder, not too easy

So far imo it's one of the top 3 PS3 games I played, along with AC2 and RE5 as 2nd & 3rd respectively

Play on hard, i never played on easy so i can't comment on that, but the only thing that adds difficulty to the game is not being told when to counter but makes the game like 10 x more fun.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Play on hard, i never played on easy so i can't comment on that, but the only thing that adds difficulty to the game is not being told when to counter but makes the game like 10 x more fun.
Will get around and do so eventually
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Wow, Batman is more aggressive on Normal mode, better at responding to commands when I press the control
Easy mode is too cheap
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 am

Don't be a pussy, play hard.

It's not that difficult anyway, my one and only playthrough was on hard.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 pm

You love the word pussy a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum   Batman: Arkham Asylum - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next