Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shenmue, the original yakuza

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
Kain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

shenmue, the original yakuza Empty
PostSubject: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:52 am

who played this lol, i remember getting mine for $7 such a good game.. too bad it'll never be completed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:53 pm

i always wanted this cause everyone kept mentioning

i'm kinda gutted i never got to play it

but on the plus side at least we're getting a yakuza 3 and hopefully it will have the magic this series was supposed to have
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:33 pm

i dunno.. maybe it was just the simplicity of that game or something but i liked it. weather was nice it rained different things happened. it was like a regular guy who just got into trouble.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:41 pm

wedll going by the amount of stuff you'll probably be able to do when yakuza 3 finally comes out

hopefully it should be like that

but i do like rpgs where the world your in seems to be alive and to an extent yakuza does that

have you played it?
Back to top Go down
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:43 pm

yeah i played yakuza lol.. thought you knew that ?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 pm

na i would of gone on about it loads otherwise

considering i know only 1 person who actually played the game

check out the threads in the yakuza section its literally me and one other guy, being fanboys over kazuma kiryu we even changed our names to yakuza names at the time sweat2
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Nevver played it.
Back to top Go down
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:56 pm

lol wow xD .. srsly though you don't know anyone else that plays it? come to think of it i guess that's true on my part too, i just know a few others
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Kain wrote:
lol wow xD .. srsly though you don't know anyone else that plays it? come to think of it i guess that's true on my part too, i just know a few others

games like this aren't big in my area and would probably end up in the bargain bin real quick

ppl cry cause you can't steal cars
Back to top Go down
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 pm

it reminds me of how noone appreciated killer 7, i loved that game! and noone played it Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:24 pm

actually never managed to get hold of that

seemed to not even be popular enough to have many copies available
Back to top Go down
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:36 pm

what killer 7? yeah it's kinda not so popular, but i love it Razz dunno if you will lol. it's in the bargain bin these days, you should be able to get it cheap
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 pm

the main reason i didn't get it was cause it was a rail shooter

currently i got loads of rpgs i didn't even touch like persona

mind persona 3 doesn't seem to be that great, but maybe i'm not far enough in
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Shenmue was a very marmite game, you either loved it or hated it. I found it a unique and rather refreshing change of pace, even if they never finished the story.

I dug it out within the last six months to have a quick play, and while the combat is very nicely handled, it's not really a game you can dip into for a few moments, and the controls felt very odd, because you use the d-pad to move and the analogue stick moves the camera.
Back to top Go down
Kain
East Blue Pirate Captain
Kain

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:24 pm

yeah the controls were odd, it made me annoyed sometimes. look how far we've progressed though in gaming lol. my fave parts in shenmue was christmas time, meeting nozomi in the park where she confesses her feelings for you, getting ryo fired from his job.. well there were a lot of memories lol
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 am

Shenmue was very special at the time, because it was so epic and different. I enjoyed it. The game didn't age terribly well though, and when I went back to play the second one on Xbox a while back, I really didn't find it fun anymore. It just felt like a Yakuza beta. It's got the same basic groundwork, but everything feels worse.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 am

well people always describe shenmue as yakuza but more story driven

honestly if i had to deal with more dialogue in yakuza i'd get frustrated at the gaps between fights
I like how its currently paced
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Well this might be making an appearance on PS3. What is everyone's thoughts?

Skies of arcadia is a possibility to.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Well this might be making an appearance on PS3. What is everyone's thoughts?

Skies of arcadia is a possibility to.

Shenume was one of my favourite games of all time i played both 1 and 2 and got 2 on the xbox as well
im sure lan di (the main villan of shenmue) must be happy getting away with murder for what, 10 years now roughly or in this case for ever, but ryo is too busy to be in shenmue hes currently still in sega all stars racing Wink lol.

but that aside i also wouldnt mind seeing skies on ps3 still have to finish the dreamcast and cube versions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shenmue, the original yakuza   shenmue, the original yakuza Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shenmue, the original yakuza
Page 1 of 1