Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Go down 
+11
SimianWonder
Neo
Golden Boy
Skip
Kain
Haseoviawesome
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Maskull
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 am

Hmm, looks interesting. I might have to look a bit more into this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:36 am

I keep forgetting to play Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:44 am

imma get this. then beat it 100% and let it collect dust on my shelf, like AC2 and PoP. im so looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:10 pm

Apparently the demo is only PSN+ in USA but its free for all on the EU PSN, anyway first impressions. Also download it now if your a castlevania fan you will not be disappoint.

Fucking hell this game is amazin it shits on all the hack and slashers i've tried this gen. Its castlevania in 3d and it actually works really well, i'm amazed.

The graphics are amazing the combat feels like your doing damage, you feel invincible, its responsive silky smooth. I'm getting this.

PS3 version is the superior version about freaking time we got a decent multiplat.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 pm

I was looking forward to this game, but after trying the demo, I'm disappointed.
I don't doubt that it'll be an amazing game and I'll still be buying because I'm a fan of the series, the combat system though feels more like GoW than Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
I was looking forward to this game, but after trying the demo, I'm disappointed.
I don't doubt that it'll be an amazing game and I'll still be buying because I'm a fan of the series, the combat system though feels more like GoW than Castlevania.

Yeah i did get that feeling a bit, but i'm hoping the RPG elements and the special weapons will come more into it in the full game. This doesn't play like SoTN in 3d, but the fact it has decent combat in 3d is good enough for me. Even from what little i played i already prefer this to GoW which didn't get me excited at all. The horse riding sections were pretty cool to. The colossal bosses look amazing. I'm just debating if i'm preordering this or waiting. I would love to have unlockable characters or something so i have a reason for multiple playthroughs or decent challenges.

The game lacking hat is the only disappointment I can imagine. I also think this looks unbelivably sexy apparently there's a lot of graphical glitches on the 360 version which is why some reviews have been poor as thats what people are reviewing this on for some reason.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Might give it a go. No real interest in the game or the franchise, but what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:14 am

I'll download it later.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 am

Well it looks pretty interesting. Not a definite buy though, I might rent it
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:50 am

Someone on /v/ posted 61 of the skillbook animations, some of them look pretty cool.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/g/aircomboa.gif/
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Powercrystal
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm

So I got it today and I must say this is a really great game. Excellent graphics, beautiful and varied environments, nice plot and the actual gameplay is flawless. The combat system is solid and offers many options: there is a plethora of combos for the main weapon which gets upgraded, different magic powers and sub-weapons. Platforming, exploration, solving puzzles and collecting items are also important. Oh and the length is very decent too (~20 hours on average) and you'll have to replay the levels again to complete trials and find items you couldn't reach before.

As for the plot, just watch this:

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm

It's got some stellar reviews, but the demo didn't impress me much, which is a shame because I love the old school Castlevania games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It's got some stellar reviews, but the demo didn't impress me much, which is a shame because I love the old school Castlevania games.

Keep in mind gabriel is in a very weak state in that demo.

All round i thought its style presentation and gameplay were better then Bayonetta/DMC4/GoW3/Dante's Inferno, the fact its castlevania just sweetens the deal.

Also i have faith in hideo kojima.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:54 pm

I found the demo disappointing too, but the game is awesome. IMO, it's the best action-adventure game of this generation so far.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 am

Blair Waldorf wrote:
I found the demo disappointing too, but the game is awesome. IMO, it's the best action-adventure game of this generation so far.

Yeah i'm expecting this to be the GoW or DMC of this gen. Seeing as those didn't manage to impress me as much this gen.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 am

Well it won't be because the fans hate it and they're the only ones playing Castlevania anymore.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 am

I'm sure a lot of people would have bought this for its name i.e. the fans who don't like it most likely already bought it. General consensus this game is great. I think it will sell. The fact Kojima's name is attached to it means people will be more likely to check it out even if they haven't played CV before.

Anyway i'm not saying this will outsell those other games this will just end up being looked back on more as a classic. I reckon DMC5 would've toppled this but ninja theory have gone and fucked all over that, although i dunno what the deal is gonna be with the next DMC after that one, i weren't sure what this reboot meant.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 am

Most likely DMC will either tank or sell well and then get reviews and comments about how awful it is.

Then Capcom will fire Ninja Theory, tell them they can go fuck off back to their crappy story heavy action games and maybe get Kamiya back on the games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 am

I really don't get why developers don't listen to there fanbase.

I think CV is a good reboot. As much as i love 2D CV i know it just wouldn't work all that well for the 3D version.

This whole DMC thing is taking a character that is likeable even when he acts like a cock and turn him into an emo twat that no one except people who probably never played DMC would like.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:17 am

I honestly don't give two shits about listening to a fanbase... it's fuckwads like Antoinades however who give me the urge to punch a fucking baby. His whole revision putting Dante in the image of himself and adding that smoking under the moonlight bullshit? Fuck him, it gets worse the more I read the interviews with him and realize he's another one of these artistic fuckwads who are so cocky they smell their own damn farts.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:22 am

Welll this guy is an exceptional case i don't think i've seen anyone arrogant enough to turn an iconic character into themself adn think they can make them cooler. He seems to be ignoring criticism to and carrying it on though.

I dunno the whole thing reeks of pretention to me.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 am

The whole thing reeks of narcissism to me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 am

I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 pm

^You won't regret it. This game is getting better and better.

The plot, the levels, the enemies, the bosses, the puzzles, the upgrades, the trials and the puzzles... everything about this game seems perfect.

This is not a typical Castlevania game; this game is much more. Although a fan of the series would be familiar with some names, the biggest part of the game isn't spent inside of a castle full of vampires (I don't think Dracula is in this game too) and vampires are just one of the many species of enemies. You'll be encountering every kind of evil and mythical creatures.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Should i buy this dude?

I want it and its really cheap

Although i do guess Chou is one of the few people on here who seems to share my taste in games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow   Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next