Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bayonetta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Bayonetta   Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:35 pm

It's made by the same guys that made Devil May Cry, and bugger all seems to have changed, so it looks fun.

Anybody gonna buy it? If it looks to be fun, I'm maybe gonna cash in for my brother to get it.


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 pm

She has guns on her feet and her clothes come off and turn into things. What an utterly gratuitous game.

Looks good.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Oh my god, why is Lowenthal in this game?

Oh well, it looks good.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
She has guns on her feet and her clothes come off and turn into things. What an utterly gratuitous game.

Looks good.


Her hair = Her clothes.


That explain it?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Kaede wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
She has guns on her feet and her clothes come off and turn into things. What an utterly gratuitous game.

Looks good.


Her hair = Her clothes.


That explain it?
In a strange way, yes.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 pm

her hair is her spell medium, as well as the primary material in her clothes--meaning bigger spells = less clothing.

best. idea. ever.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
avatar

Posts : 4721
Joined : 2008-08-07
Age : 26
Location : McNeil Village

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 am

looks smexy...I wouldn't prioritize it though
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Batty
I want more life, fucker.
avatar

Posts : 14977
Joined : 2008-09-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:23 am

Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:55 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
her hair is her spell medium, as well as the primary material in her clothes--meaning bigger spells = less clothing.

best. idea. ever.

Watch the TGS 2008 trailer. It changes into a big fist. That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:05 am

Kaede wrote:
Prinny-boy wrote:
her hair is her spell medium, as well as the primary material in her clothes--meaning bigger spells = less clothing.

best. idea. ever.

Watch the TGS 2008 trailer. It changes into a big fist. That is awesome!
and that scary portal-dog-thing that was munching on that mid-boss.

scary as hell.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 am

I liked the music in the Story Trailer.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 am

Kaede wrote:
I liked the music in the Story Trailer.

Anyone else?
*cough* didnt notice, too busy paying attention to the GAME
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
Kaede wrote:
I liked the music in the Story Trailer.

Anyone else?
*cough* didnt notice, too busy paying attention to the GAME

Who cares about the game? One play games for the music, rite?
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am

Kaede wrote:
Prinny-boy wrote:
Kaede wrote:
I liked the music in the Story Trailer.

Anyone else?
*cough* didnt notice, too busy paying attention to the GAME

Who cares about the game? One play games for the music, rite?
I DO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. if it has a great audio set, but the game itself sucks, i dont keep the game--mostly because after i beat it out of boredom it'll go on the shelf and collect dust, never to be played again.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:44 am

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon has the best soundtrack of any game.

If this manages to beat it, then I will in all honest shit my pants. But if the gameplay is shit, THEN I'M GOING TO FLY IT TO AUSTRALIA.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
avatar

Posts : 5286
Joined : 2008-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Between a fårikål and a lapskaus

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm

So those who care probably know, but the demo is out on the Japanese PSN and XBL stores.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Yeah, saw that. Didn't download it though.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Batty
I want more life, fucker.
avatar

Posts : 14977
Joined : 2008-09-05
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Well I was bored, so I downloaded the demo. The in game text is Japanese, but there's a tutorial and it's all easy enough to learn.

Hack 'n' slash isn't really a genre I love, but this is a damn fun game. Very easy to pick up and play. Lots of combos to remember, but it's easy enough to remember the basics. Triangle is punch and circle's kick, square to shoot normally and X to jump. Pause before the end of a string for a power attack, pause after one hit to make the next one lift the opponent. Twirl the stick and then press to shoot everything in a 360 spin. And so on.

There's a weapon system too, in that the enemies will drop things and you can use them until they break. Weapons I've seen so far are your basic sword, a halberd thing that you can twirl around to kick stuff, and a trumpet that shoots... something. Dodging is done with R2, and if you time it right you enter "Witch Time", which just slows everything apart from you down.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Oh wait, You can switch to the sword at any time using L2. And if you press L1 she does a little pose and says "You want to touch me?", and with the sword she says "Bring it" and does a different pose. If you hold L2 she does a dance.

And there's QTEs.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Couldn't figure out how to defeat the boss. Think I had to knock him down from the ledge he was on or something, but I kept getting Game Overs for no apparent reason.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh, and the enemies look nice too. The tutorial gives you a good chance to get a look at them. They lose armour the more you beat on them, and underneath it just seems to be organs and stuff. They drool and dribble when they get low on health too. And they're supposed to be angels or something.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40999
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well I was bored, so I downloaded the demo. The in game text is Japanese, but there's a tutorial and it's all easy enough to learn.

Hack 'n' slash isn't really a genre I love, but this is a damn fun game. Very easy to pick up and play. Lots of combos to remember, but it's easy enough to remember the basics. Triangle is punch and circle's kick, square to shoot normally and X to jump. Pause before the end of a string for a power attack, pause after one hit to make the next one lift the opponent. Twirl the stick and then press to shoot everything in a 360 spin. And so on.

There's a weapon system too, in that the enemies will drop things and you can use them until they break. Weapons I've seen so far are your basic sword, a halberd thing that you can twirl around to kick stuff, and a trumpet that shoots... something. Dodging is done with R2, and if you time it right you enter "Witch Time", which just slows everything apart from you down.

huh that sounds like my kind of game will have to check it out later

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
avatar

Posts : 22110
Joined : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm

You'll need to make a Japanese PSN account.

_________________
I am an genius
PSN: A_Nonny_Moose
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
avatar

Posts : 40999
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 2016
Location : Nosgoth

PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm

na i'll just wait till it shows up on american psn, i'm sure that will be before eu gets it

_________________
Stop trying to save the world and get a hobby.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:
 

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bayonetta   

Back to top Go down
 
Bayonetta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bayonetta/Video Game Figures
» Creative uses for Disciplines?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: