Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything half-decent coming out?

Go down 
+4
Zero
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Anything half-decent coming out? Empty
PostSubject: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:52 am

I want to find stuff for my birthday wishlist, but I can only think of two titles that sound interesting: InFamous and Prototype. I was thinking of asking for Sacred 2 for the PS3 (PC version has SecuROM, so fuck that!), but it appears to be a pretty shitty console port. Other than that, I can't think of any other titles out there that catch my interest.

Anyone have any suggestions? They don't even have to be games; just... SOMETHING. I don't want to have a boring-ass 20th birthday with only two desired gifts, a new set of socks and underwear, and maybe "a coupon for one free game"...

My birthday is July 27th, in case you forget.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:33 am

I'd suggest any MegaTen games that aren't Persona. I'd also recommend Devil May Cry of course.

But your family is Christian and considering MegaTen games have heavy religious references (Especially the main series where Lucifer is actually one of your main allies) and all.

YEAH.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:46 am

Prototype
The new SMT
New Devil May Cry
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:56 am

SMT4 and DMC5 haven;t even been announced yet.

Let alone have a release date.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:09 am

Huh, I thought they'd release a new game every year.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:28 am

Nonono. SMT3 was released in '04. It's also the only game in the main series to have been released worldwide. And before that SMT2 which was released back in '94, remade for the Playstation in '02, and then for the Gameboy in '03. And none of these remakes made it worldside. Only Japan.

DMC4 was released last year. DMC3 was released 3 years before that. Fuck DMC 2, DMC was released in '01.

These games take a while to make. In SMT's case, they just have so many spin-off series that while they're making one, another has already been released. Then they will release the one they're currently making sometime after that.

Although to be honest Persona 4 and Devil Summoner: RK vs KA were released in the same year in Japan. And considering I haven;t even finished DS: RK vs KA and I already like it more than Persona 4, only shows which one I thought they out more time and money in.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Nonono. SMT3 was released in '04. It's also the only game in the main series to have been released worldwide. And before that SMT2 which was released back in '94, remade for the Playstation in '02, and then for the Gameboy in '03. And none of these remakes made it worldside. Only Japan.

DMC4 was released last year. DMC3 was released 3 years before that. Fuck DMC 2, DMC was released in '01.

These games take a while to make. In SMT's case, they just have so many spin-off series that while they're making one, another has already been released. Then they will release the one they're currently making sometime after that.

Ok, thanks a lot Very Happy

DevilKingBaal wrote:

Although to be honest Persona 4 and Devil Summoner: RK vs KA were released in the same year in Japan. And considering I haven;t even finished DS: RK vs KA and I already like it more than Persona 4, only shows which one I thought they out more time and money in.

But you were orgasming repeatedly over Persona 4 before and when it came out... Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:46 am

AFTER IT CAME OUT. I was still in the opening stages of my formulating opinion.

And like the idiot I am, I posted a review about said opinion before it was fully formulated and ended up overpraising it.

It's a good game on its own. But a horrible MegaTen RPG. But I can't dislike it for some reason, go figure. I can nitpick it to hell, but I'll be damned if I'll say the game wasn't enjoyable.

But my main factor for liking it is Naoto and Izanagi.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Pick up some Funi anime.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Anything half-decent coming out?   Anything half-decent coming out? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:41 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
I'd suggest any MegaTen games that aren't Persona. I'd also recommend Devil May Cry of course.

But your family is Christian and considering MegaTen games have heavy religious references (Especially the main series where Lucifer is actually one of your main allies) and all.

YEAH.
I might check out the Persona titles (probably Persona 4), although I don't think I'd get any titles that explicitly have "Devil" in the title. With Persona, I don't need to expend any details other than "it's a JRPG".

Oh, and I remembered another title that sounds interesting and comes out before my birthday: Overlord 2.