Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kima's Manga Reading List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 12:26 am

TRUST ME. The Story and Characters are fantastic.

Plus Dio is about the best villain you will ever see. He produced enough rage from me and I still liked him.

ONLY ARAKI CAN MAKE ME RAGE AND STILL LOVE HIS MANGA. THE MAN IS A LITERARY GENIUS.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 12:29 am

Enough rage to make me curse his name whilst mowing the lawn?

(Suzaku from the first season of Code Geass pissed me off to that degree...)
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 am

Quote :
Enough rage to make me curse his name whilst mowing the lawn?

Trust me. He induces so much rage you will need some down time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 am

It's also basically one of the only manga's with some sort of fashion in it.

Plus the main character of Part 7 is a cripple.

And honestly, how many of those do you see in manga? Stories based around cripples I mean.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 1:46 am

surprisingly, the art style of JJBA grew on me too, but i lost interest about halfway through stone ocean:
Spoiler:
 
i got lost and couldnt build up the enthusiasm to find where i was and continue
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 1:57 am

Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 

After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 

After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.
doesnt he make it rain frogs and make rainbows that turn people into snails?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 2:09 am

Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 

After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.
doesnt he make it rain frogs and make rainbows that turn people into snails?

It was so fucking awesome. He also becomes gung-ho and nearly kills Pucci.

BUT JOLYNE ONCE AGAIN PROVES SHE IS THE WORST JOJO BY FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 

After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.
doesnt he make it rain frogs and make rainbows that turn people into snails?

It was so fucking awesome. He also becomes gung-ho and nearly kills Pucci.

BUT JOLYNE ONCE AGAIN PROVES SHE IS THE WORST JOJO BY FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.
'dont kill him or you'll become him' type of deal?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 2:22 am

Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 
After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.
doesnt he make it rain frogs and make rainbows that turn people into snails?
It was so fucking awesome. He also becomes gung-ho and nearly kills Pucci.

BUT JOLYNE ONCE AGAIN PROVES SHE IS THE WORST JOJO BY FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.
'dont kill him or you'll become him' type of deal?
My answer to that kind of logic:

"Okay. I won't kill him out of anger. *kills him* But out of completely sensible reasoning and problem solving."
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 2:31 am

Kimarous wrote:
Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Cake of Justice wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh. Trust me the only things that are cool that happen after that are
Spoiler:
 
After Pucci gets the baby everything basically turns to shit after that. And Pucci lucks the fuck out against Weather Report.
doesnt he make it rain frogs and make rainbows that turn people into snails?
It was so fucking awesome. He also becomes gung-ho and nearly kills Pucci.

BUT JOLYNE ONCE AGAIN PROVES SHE IS THE WORST JOJO BY FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.
'dont kill him or you'll become him' type of deal?
My answer to that kind of logic:

"Okay. I won't kill him out of anger. *kills him* But out of completely sensible reasoning and problem solving."
* the man groans slightly and shifts, shoots again* I'M killing him out of anger Razz
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 4:22 am

Actually
Spoiler:
 

_________________
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 5:26 am

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 am

Spoiler:
 

_________________
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
avatar

Posts : 7187
Joined : 2008-08-01
Age : 31
Location : The Left Side of Who Gives a Fuck

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 4:51 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
And trust me, I didn't like the art style at first either.

BUT IT GREW ON ME! AFTER I WAS ABSORBED BY THE CHARACTERS, FIGHTS, AND STORY!

My feelings on Baki - Son of Ogre exactly. Razz

I was expecting the anime artstyle (Which is infinitly superior to the manga's artstyle.) But instead, I was treated to the bastard child of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure & Hokuto no Ken Artstyle. XD

I almost got turned away...Until I saw Yujiro's Godliness. Yujiro is my main reason for reading this manga. Razz If anything happens to him, I've only got Baki or Guevara (Who has completely vanished after the Prison Arc.) ...Well, Maybe I can ride behind Jack Hammer (Hanma) for a bit. ....Yeah, Jack Hammer is also Yujiro's son. ...Although, The only time you see him is during The Caveman Arc.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Anyways, Bob I will read Baki at some point.

WHEN I GAIN THE ENTHUSIASM.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Sat May 23, 2009 1:17 am

Finished Love Monster. Good series. Totally adding Hiyo to my "anime" harem. Razz

I especially like her chibi emote-like expressions. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 am

Kimarous wrote:
Finished Love Monster. Good series. Totally adding Hiyo to my "anime" harem. Razz

I especially like her chibi emote-like expressions. ^_^
as i posted in my topic, my absolute favorite page is:
Spoiler:
 
lmfao
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 pm

I've read the chapters thus far of Umi no Masaki. Good series thus far... the most believable harem serial I've ever seen.

I've also added a "Stopped Reading" section to my list, showing the serials I've intentionally stopped reading before it concludes/discontinues.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
avatar

Posts : 13815
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Reborn! really became that bad?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Tue May 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Actually, it's because I missed a chapter a while back and don't have any compulsion to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Tue May 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Kaio wrote:
Reborn! really became that bad?

It did.

They fought these Seven dudes who were called the FUneral Wreaths and we thought they were these big bad bosses. And then the final boss shows up and says.

"LOL THOSE WERE THE FAKE ONES! HERE ARE THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS!"

Seriously, this is something Kubo would pull.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
avatar

Posts : 7286
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Reborn! really became that bad?

It did.

They fought these Seven dudes who were called the FUneral Wreaths and we thought they were these big bad bosses. And then the final boss shows up and says.

"LOL THOSE WERE THE FAKE ONES! HERE ARE THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS!"

Seriously, this is something Kubo would pull.
well, i didnt see it coming and the MC's sure as hell didnt. seems pretty original, as i havent encountered that particular plot device in ANY of the series' that ive read/watched.

all in all, i thought that rug-pull was pretty effective in messing with the MCs.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
avatar

Posts : 6399
Joined : 2008-08-03
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Reborn! really became that bad?
It did.

They fought these Seven dudes who were called the FUneral Wreaths and we thought they were these big bad bosses. And then the final boss shows up and says.

"LOL THOSE WERE THE FAKE ONES! HERE ARE THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS!"

Seriously, this is something Kubo would pull.
well, i didnt see it coming and the MC's sure as hell didnt. seems pretty original, as i havent encountered that particular plot device in ANY of the series' that ive read/watched.

all in all, i thought that rug-pull was pretty effective in messing with the MCs.
I didn't exactly find it ground-breaking. He just pulled a "your princess is in another castle" trick, as it were, purely as an excuse for the writer to extend a boring-ass arc. Not to mention how Whatsisface has that perpetual shit-eating grin; some antagonists can pull that off (like Gin from Bleach), but his just pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
avatar

Posts : 26838
Joined : 2008-07-31
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Wed May 27, 2009 5:31 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Reborn! really became that bad?

It did.

They fought these Seven dudes who were called the FUneral Wreaths and we thought they were these big bad bosses. And then the final boss shows up and says.

"LOL THOSE WERE THE FAKE ONES! HERE ARE THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS!"

Seriously, this is something Kubo would pull.
well, i didnt see it coming and the MC's sure as hell didnt. seems pretty original, as i havent encountered that particular plot device in ANY of the series' that ive read/watched.

all in all, i thought that rug-pull was pretty effective in messing with the MCs.

MOAR LIEK "WHO SAID THE ESPADA WERE NUMBERED FROM 1 to 10!?"

It's not original. This has been done before and there wasn't even any build-up to it. It flew out of left field entirely. There's a difference between a plot twist and a random plot device.

A Plot Twist has build-up and had some mystery behind it.
A Plot Device in the cases of Yammy and the New Funeral Wreaths is something that came out of nowhere. There was no build-up, no reflection, and no absolute point in it other than to extend and already shitty series.

Talented people seldom have to use that type of plot device, Untalented people (IE Kishimoto after Zabuza, Kubo after Soul Society, and Amano after the Varia) use it at the most critical moments when it makes the least sense.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   

Back to top Go down
 
Kima's Manga Reading List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Monster Academy Student List
» Inquisition list (1750)
» 1000 pt Eldar list
» 1850 Necron List
» Thoughts on a mobile Tau list 1850 points

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Anime and Manga-
Jump to: