HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bronson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Bronson   Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Saw the trailer before Watchmen (which seemed a bit odd), and it looks pretty good. Never heard of it before, but it's now one the films I definitely plan to see this year.

A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: Bronson   Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Saw it yesterday. Pretty good film. After reading a few reviews it seems to be getting a lot of bad press for glorifying violence, and honestly you can see why people would think that (sort of).

It's based on true events, about the prison life of Michael Peterson, who got 7 years for robbing a post office but has ended up spending 34 years in there (he's still in prison), 30 of them in solitary, because of numerous hostage incidents, violence, and inciting riots. All of which he did because he wanted to be famous, and it worked too I guess, since he became known as Britain's most violent prisoner (not to mention getting a film made about him >_>).

Anyway, it's told by Bronson through narration, straight-to-camera pieces and via a strange theater where Bronson stands on stage in various face-painty get ups telling his story to his imaginary audience (that is certainly the weirdest part of the film). Because it's him telling the story, the violence is pretty obviously glorified, since Bronson sees it as something glorious. And I really mean that, because the guy goes about his violence with a strange mindset, especially in last big scene. But I certainly wouldn't say the film gives off that message, certainly by the very end.

So it basically follow Bronson's prison exploits, his time in a mental home, and his brief release, trying to make a name for himself. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes for good viewing. Tom Hardy does a very good job as Bronson, which is great because he's on screen nearly the whole time. He's intimidating, sometimes amusing, even occasionally twee, all that jazz.

So, good film.

Superbuu3
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: Bronson   Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:29 pm

i'll check it ouut

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't

PostSubject: Re: Bronson   Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:31 pm

You always say that.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bronson   

Back to top Go down