Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bronson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Bronson Empty
PostSubject: Bronson   Bronson Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Saw the trailer before Watchmen (which seemed a bit odd), and it looks pretty good. Never heard of it before, but it's now one the films I definitely plan to see this year.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Bronson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bronson   Bronson Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Saw it yesterday. Pretty good film. After reading a few reviews it seems to be getting a lot of bad press for glorifying violence, and honestly you can see why people would think that (sort of).

It's based on true events, about the prison life of Michael Peterson, who got 7 years for robbing a post office but has ended up spending 34 years in there (he's still in prison), 30 of them in solitary, because of numerous hostage incidents, violence, and inciting riots. All of which he did because he wanted to be famous, and it worked too I guess, since he became known as Britain's most violent prisoner (not to mention getting a film made about him >_>).

Anyway, it's told by Bronson through narration, straight-to-camera pieces and via a strange theater where Bronson stands on stage in various face-painty get ups telling his story to his imaginary audience (that is certainly the weirdest part of the film). Because it's him telling the story, the violence is pretty obviously glorified, since Bronson sees it as something glorious. And I really mean that, because the guy goes about his violence with a strange mindset, especially in last big scene. But I certainly wouldn't say the film gives off that message, certainly by the very end.

So it basically follow Bronson's prison exploits, his time in a mental home, and his brief release, trying to make a name for himself. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes for good viewing. Tom Hardy does a very good job as Bronson, which is great because he's on screen nearly the whole time. He's intimidating, sometimes amusing, even occasionally twee, all that jazz.

So, good film.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Bronson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bronson   Bronson Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:29 pm

i'll check it ouut
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't