Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Session 9

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Just watched this. Fairly textbook horror movie. A repair, fixer-upper type team of guys are hired to strip and clean an old loony bin so it can be renovated and made into offices or something, and needless to say creepy goings on ensue. One of the men starts going through old recordings of therapy sessions, one of the guys goes missing, etc etc. I had heard this was a pretty good film, but it really wasn't anything special. Pretty average, not very scary.

The story didn't really take off, although that's maybe just me. If you've watched films like this before, you kind of have expectations of how the plot will develop, and you're always trying to make connections between the various plot elements, most of which just aren't there. It turned out a lot simpler than I was expecting, but maybe that's a good thing for some. For me it there was just never any pay off. Having said that, some bits were handled well. The way the recent events of Gordon's (one the main characters) life unfold is nicely done, it just didn't ever feel that connected to the rest of the film.

Plus it had that guy from CSI Miami in it, which was a bit distracting. But he had a great "Fuck you!" moment. He did a big point and the camera zoomed in on his face and everything. Ruined the atmosphere just a tad, but funny.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Watched this again.

Wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:43 pm

This was before he did CSI so it makes it better. This is one of my favorite horror movies personally. I love how they made such a great tense atmosphere in this kind of psychological horror movie.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I'd like it more if it were psychological horror, but the supernatural element is poured on pretty thick.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:52 pm

psh, you're just ants at a picnic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Session 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Session 9   Session 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down