Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Empty
PostSubject: Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains?   Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Now we're all familiar with the obnoxious and annoying groups of people that are obsessed with anime and manga, claiming that they're always superior to American animation, using Japanese terms, bitch, etc.

But...What about the other side? Lately I'm seeing some sort of "busted legs" in the opposing type of people. Because of the so-called "weaboos", they have angered the other people in hating everything that kids are crazy about(Naruto, Bleach, etc.). Sure there's a lot of people who dislike them for the right reasons and discuss why they dislike it(for me, I dislike Naruto because of bad pacing, boring timeskip compared to pre-timeskip arcs, cliche stuff that seems to make me cringe since I'm so crazy about those minor things that can annoy me, like when I bitch about the hair-in-front-of-eyes cliche all the time) BUT...

Why are we stooping down to their level ourselves!? All of a sudden I'm starting to see "try hards" and "hardcore" people hating on the overrated stuff just to be "in" with it and complain about the fans n' Japanese lovers for the sake of making fun of their preferences. Here, when we make fun of Naruto for example and its mangaka, we're being douchebags about it. The sad thing is in reality, all these people work hard to do their job, especially manga artists, facing against their mortal enemy, the dreaded "deadlines".

Although this isn't exactly saying "No shut up, like this, damn you!" but it's more of showing a bit more respect and less acting like some dickish commoner. There's this douchebag who went psycho on me on YT for defending OP after he disregarded my choice of liking it just because it had a bad dub(although we patched things up quickly). In the above comments, he fought with people for liking "current" anime and Bleach n' such. So first I thought that at least he ain't a weaboo and such but then I saw his profile...And holy shit at his description...

https://www.youtube.com/user/squishyblanket

It's like looking at an eccentric Nazi. O_o; It's like Nick and that DBLAM hating site. Us "wannabe outcasts" are starting to become something much worse. Why is it that things can never just "be" anymore? We're becoming as bad as fan raging Weaboos now, that sucks, I mean damn.

Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Amerin10
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains?   Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

To be fair, he's got a point.

Try and search for an anime on youtube, and you get pages of shitty AMVs, all with the same three or four songs played over the top, usually Linkin Park.

Not too sure about the swastikas at the end of his profile, but to each their own. Also, TDK quote FTW!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains?   Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:23 pm

It's true that there's shitloads of that, but if a person gives up so easily in attempting to find a decent amv without using their heads, then that's their problem. The easiest way is to look at experts you've found already and look at their favorited amvs and such since they''re high standard most of the time, then bam, you have 10 amvs to enjoy right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains?   Are we living long enough to see ourselves become the villains? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

I agree with him. So many people make GREAT videos, but they get like no attention at all.

Just look at this bullshit: