Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wrestler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Just saw it. It had a lot of good buzz, and it was good, but not as amazing some said. The performances were good, but to me it just felt that the plot moved a bit too fast. Which sounds odd because it's hardly a frantic film. Perhaps the word is "easy". That'll work. The plot moved a bit too easily. Because of that it never really had the weight that it seemed like it should.

Still, good film. Mickey Rourke was good and Marisa Tomei looked pretty damn nice for a... *goes to check how old she is* 45?! Wow. Also an interesting look at the un-televised wrestling circuit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:16 pm

can you give me a gist of this

should i watch it
and is there decent fights?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:31 pm

The general is that it follows the life of a wrestler who was big in the 80's. He had his own action figures and NES games and stuff, but now it's 2008 and he's still wrestling on the untelevised circuit because it's all he's ever done. He lives in a trailer park and his only friend outside the wrestling community is a stripper (Marisa Tomei). Can't really say much else without giving away a few plot points, so slight spoilers...

Spoiler:

Doesn't really focus on the fights, though there are a few matches. It focuses as much, if not more, on the backstage locker room atmosphere before and after the matches. It feels like a documentary at times, plenty of the camera following the characters from behind as they walk around.

It's worth a watch for sure.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:32 pm

hmm.. sounds a bit 8 mile ish
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I suppose... except with wrestling and Mickey Rourke. And he was actually famous at one point, and is still famous in the wrestling circuit and well respected and all that. It's not that much like it actually. It's not about him trying to get back to the top again.

It'll make more sense if you see it. Much better than 8 Mile.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:50 pm

lol
yeah i waqs just thinking about him trying to escape the trailer park

those tornadoes are troublesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wrestler   The Wrestler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wrestler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum