Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie Discussion Topic

Go down 
+4
Talking Sock
Goldninja
Baal
Kimarous
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Movie Discussion Topic Empty
PostSubject: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:58 am

So... what do you think of the various DB/Z movies?

My personal favourite is Bojack Unbound. It strikes me as the only one that seems able to fit into the main storyline without causing continuity issues. The only gripe I can make about it, and a minor one at that, is that Piccolo goes by "Piccolo" while in the tournament, rather than using his "Majunior" alias.

I'll make some commentary on other DB/Z films I've seen later.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:02 am

Give me a refresher of all of the movie names.

I've forgotten most of the names.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:10 am

Dragon Ball
1: Curse of the Blood Rubies
2: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle
3: Mystical Adventure
4: The Path to Power

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone
2: The World's Strongest
3: The Tree of Might
4: Lord Slug
5: Cooler's Revenge
6: The Return of Cooler
7: Super Android 13!
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
9: Bojack Unbound
10: Broly: The Second Coming
11: Bio-Broly
12: Fusion Reborn
13: Wrath of the Dragon
14: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

Specials
1: The Father of Goku
2: The History of Trunks
Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:12 am

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone= Meh
2: The World's Strongest= Crap
3: The Tree of Might= Okay
4: Lord Slug= Utter Shit
5: Cooler's Revenge= Pretty good.
6: The Return of Cooler= Shit.
7: Super Android 13!= Meh.
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan= Shit
9: Bojack Unbound= Good
10: Broly: The Second Coming= Shit
11: Bio-Broly= THE WORST SHIT TO EVER COME ABOUT
12: Fusion Reborn= Best movie.
13: Wrath of the Dragon= Shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 am

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone - I was a kid when I saw this. Twas..'Ight.
2: The World's Strongest - Horrible. I remember shutting it off and playing Mario 64.
3: The Tree of Might - Boring.
4: Lord Slug - Bad
5: Cooler's Revenge - Good. I first saw it at my brother's house, I was nine at the time. I was bouncing off the walls. (Japanese VHS)
6: The Return of Cooler - Terrible. I saw this recently and I hated it.
7: Super Android 13! - Saw it on VHS (Japanese) aaaaand.. I don't remember any of it.
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan - My favorite DBZ movie.
9: Bojack Unbound - It was alright. Don't remember much of it.
10: Broly: The Second Coming - Shut it off halfway through.
11: Bio-Broly - Never seen it and never will.
12: Fusion Reborn - Second Best. IMO.
13: Wrath of the Dragon - Alright.
14: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! - Bad.

Specials
1: The Father of Goku - Lurved it.
2: The History of Trunks - Ok.
Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy - I liked it.

Last edited by Vergil on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldninja
East Blue Pirate Captain
Goldninja

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 am

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone=Meh
2: The World's Strongest= One of my faves. Some of the best fights, period. Remember before SSJ when the fights weren't just two guys punching and kicking in the air really fast? Yeah.
3: The Tree of Might= Was okay. Boring for the most part.
4: Lord Slug=Was okay. Only thing that really saved it was some of the songs in the dub.
5: Cooler's Revenge=Meh. End fight was crap. Cooler was stronger. Then Goku was stronger. The end.
6: The Return of Cooler=Crap
7: Super Android 13!=Utter shit. The dub turned the shit into a fly infested compost.
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan=I actually enjoyed this one. The dub was good.
9: Bojack Unbound=My favorite of the bunch.
10: Broly: The Second Coming=Shit
11: Bio-Broly=Shit with corn in it
12: Fusion Reborn=Good but I was hoping for a good fight. I hate it when a transformation wtfowns someone in 3 seconds at the end.
13: Wrath of the Dragon=Typical Goku win with him pulling some magic move out of his ass. Alright movie otherwise.
14: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!=It was a fun special. Nothing more nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 am

Dragon Ball
1: Curse of the Blood Rubies - Haven't seen yet.
2: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle - Meh, it's ok.
3: Mystical Adventure - Haven't seen yet.
4: The Path to Power - It was ok, the shouting at the end was obnoxious though.

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone - Awesomeness.
2: The World's Strongest - Kickass, this one actually felt like a movie plus the villain was badass and huge!
3: The Tree of Might - Kickass as well although the plot was pretty mediocre.
4: Lord Slug - It's alright.
5: Cooler's Revenge - Kickass but all the fights felt short, it was just ass-kicking than responding to the ass-kicking with more ass-kicking for 3 minutes each time.
6: The Return of Cooler - Boring and average, the first of "sigh, another DB movie doing the same shit we see all the time...villain comes, lame fighting starts, heroes get their asses kicked, respond by owning the enemy and ending the battle.
7: Super Android 13! - Look at above comment.
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan - Pretty cool and eye catching, since the villain was constantly kicking everyone's asses without gaining much damage throughout the whole battle, then everything falls flat and he gets OHKO'd.
9: Bojack Unbound - Nice film, didn't have much of an epic battle though but still enteraining none the less.
10: Broly: The Second Coming - Another decent one that brought some fun comedy and laughes. =D
11: Bio-Broly - Idea was unique but wasn't executed nicely.
12: Fusion Reborn - Crap, it was all eye-candy and no decent plot at all. Just lame ass showing off and ass kicking and then gaining a stupid fusion who has a fanbase despite having shown no character at all.
13: Wrath of the Dragon - Awesome movie, this one also felt like a film, even FUNi's BGM for it were all awesome and gave a heroic feeling too it, the villain was huge and awesome although I was disappointed that Tapion wasn't the one who killed him.

Specials
1: The Father of Goku - Great special.
2: The History of Trunks - Best special that kicks even all the movies' asses.
3: Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy - Haven't seen it yet.
4: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! - It was ok, it brought back some DB-style vibes than DBZ which made me happy.

Last edited by HEHEHEHEHEHAYAYHAHAHAHA! on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 am

They were all pretty bland. The ones that stick out in my mind are Dead Zone, and... Well, that's the only one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:46 am

Quote :
Crap, it was all eye-candy and no decent plot at all. Just lame ass showing off and ass kicking and then gaining a stupid fusion who has a fanbase despite having shown no character at all.

And? When was DBZ known for having a good plot?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:53 am

SHUDUP, it's my opinion bitch. >:C

Compared to half of the other films, they actually had originality. That one was just the same old basic shit.

Villain pops up, heroes get owned, heroes do certain shit, heroes become overpowered, heroes own foe, the end.

Movies like The World's Strongest and Wrath of the Dragon, although practically did the same thing, it was actually executed with a unique plot, awesome huge villains that aren't stupid generic tiny normal sized characters and awesome build-ups to the final confrontations.

Fusion Reborn was just "Same old, same old." Nothing exceptional despite being made during the final sagas of DB where you'd think they would've had newer ideas instead of using the same ones before over and over, if you don't agree, then that's your problem. >_>
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:00 am

Dragon Ball
1: Curse of the Blood Rubies -Haven't seen.
2: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle - I didn't care for it. The main villain's intentions struck me as extremely stupid.
3: Mystical Adventure - Alright, I suppose. Nothing special, though.
4: The Path to Power - I liked this one quite a bit. One of the best "nutshelling" films I've ever seen.

Dragon Ball Z
1: Dead Zone - I'll admit, this one was pretty good. Were it not for the presence of Krillin, I might consider it "canon acceptable".
2: The World's Strongest - Pretty good overall. It's especially refreshing to see somebody new using the Dragon Balls, let alone a villain.
3: The Tree of Might - Haven't seen.
4: Lord Slug - Haven't seen.
5: Cooler's Revenge - I agree with Sora. Good over all, but the fights fell short.
6: The Return of Cooler - Pretty lame. Only moment I really liked was when the Meta-Cooler army shows up after the effort to beat just one.
7: Super Android 13! - Meh... not that great. I especially disliked the android designs.
8: Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan - It was great until the ending. It cut things off more abruptly than the Inuyasha anime.
9: Bojack Unbound - As I've already stated, my favourite DBZ film.
10: Broly: The Second Coming - Haven't seen.
11: Bio-Broly - Haven't seen.
12: Fusion Reborn -Sure, the plot sucks... but it's so damn funny! XD
13: Wrath of the Dragon - Haven't seen.

Specials - Alas, I have seen none of these... but I want to.

Last edited by Kimarous on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:02 am

Oh, and Path to Power was good too. Apart from the end. The end was shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:16 am

Dead Zone, World's Strongest and Tree of Might were the best. 9, 12, and 13 are up their as well.

Bio Broly is the worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie Discussion Topic   Movie Discussion Topic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 am

TIME TO PLUG!!