Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your most defining moment in gaming?

Go down 
+10
Rockstar_Sinistar
nununuoka
Balthier Bunansa
Fran
Mewmaster
Maskull
MetatronTorment
Dirjel
Baal
Snake
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

What is your most defining moment in gaming? Empty
PostSubject: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Topic, and I guess my defining moment was when I have beaten my first RPG without a strategy guide, and that was Final Fantasy IV (II on the SNES). It took me about half-a-year, and I was 12 at the time I did it. I even found all the ultimate weapons for Cecil, Edge, Kain, Rydia, and Rosa, which some of them were in hard-to-find locations (unless you search hard enough towards the end of the game).
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:31 pm

When I beat Ruby Weapon. That in itself. Is an achievement.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:37 pm

I never did beat Ruby.

I made Emerald my bitch, though.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:38 pm

I beat them both.

I dunno what to call my "defining moment," though.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:39 pm

If "defining moment" = what makes me a gamer, then that would be the first time I ever played. I felt sick, but we got a NES in the mail from my aunt. We hooked it up, and I started playing Mario Bros. 3.

I forgot I felt sick. That was awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:41 pm

I remember my dad bringing home an NES and playing Super Mario Bros. for the first time. I think I had more fun with Duck Hunt, though.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Even playing your favorite game for the first time, regardless of circumstances, can be a defining moment too. That's what I would say about FFIV, and TMNT IV (SNES)
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, the first time I ever played anything was Pac-Man on the Atari 2600.

The console exploded.

Last edited by MetatronTorment on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Did I kill the topic? Sad

It didn't literally explode; it just kinda fizzled and burned out.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 pm

This topic was pretty slow to begin with >.>
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I thought it was interesting. I just didn't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 pm

mine was when i first beat my sister six times in a row with a 20+ hit combo on killer instinctfor the super nintendo while playing as cinder
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 pm

My defining moment was when I completed Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in exactly 4 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 pm

When me and Tobi were fighting on brawl, we're both Toon Link
Tobi(blue)
Haseo(green)

He got the final smash and used it on me and I was lucky enough to catch a ledge with my hookshot XD

He used it near the edge of the level and I already had 50%
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 am

Any moment where I spend a long period of time trying to pass something, and then finally doing so.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:17 am

I've been meaning to PM you, Trigs, but I forgot why.
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 am

Ah, well don't stress over it. It'll come back when you least expect it.
Back to top Go down
Balthier Bunansa
Skypiea Priest
Balthier Bunansa

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:21 am

When I beat Freya in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on 4D mode, in less than 15 minutes, without damage, and using one character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:32 am

Cross to the Trigger wrote:
When I beat Freya in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on 4D mode, in less than 15 minutes, without damage, and using one character.
Damn! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:27 am

Mine was when I beat Legend of the Dragoon, 100%, everything unlocked, etc. I did it when I was like 6.
Back to top Go down
nununuoka
Skypiea Priest
nununuoka

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:31 am

Cross to the Trigger wrote:

SIck, man! Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 am

Devil May Cry, 'Nuff Said. Smile

But the first time I played a game was with the old school Atari system. I'd played Baseball and whatever else I had to death. Razz I was 3 years old when mom first got me a NES. Then it was Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, & Hogan's Alley. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 am

I was, like, 8 when I first played the NES ^_^

So, uh, that was in 1998 >.>
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 am

Murloc wrote:
Mine was when I beat Legend of the Dragoon, 100%, everything unlocked, etc. I did it when I was like 6.
i got all but the optional wingly dungeon finished, and the only reason i couldnt do the mission is because i couldnt find the 'vanishing stone' nessecary to kill the invincible golem guarding the entrance >_>
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Godot wrote:
I was, like, 8 when I first played the NES ^_^

So, uh, that was in 1998 >.>

I was 8 when I started playing video games as well, and that was in 1990. First games I played were Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt. It seems like a couple of you said the same thing, too, but it's a good start in gaming. Doesn't feel like it's been that long ago, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your most defining moment in gaming?   What is your most defining moment in gaming? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your most defining moment in gaming?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next