Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic

Go down 
+17
Savage
Ace
Haseoviawesome
Maskull
Goldninja
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Mewmaster
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Talking Sock
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah, but I can't be bothered to read it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 pm

:/
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:32 am

Don't whore out the anime Kaio, OP fans need to start leaving a good impression.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 am

Read One Piece and Enies Lobby was bad.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:32 am

I'll never read one piece again. Never.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 am

Ace sucked Ace, get over it.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 am

I am over it. So far over it that I passed this whole series!

See what I did there.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:00 pm

With the break and the timeskip now's the perfect time to read ONE PIECE!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I should probably catch up, the last chapter I read was the one where it caught up with Zoro, Franky and some other people I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Last time I read OP, Luffy was just coming back to his senses, following the war.

I heard from my friend that Zoro is currently on Mihawk's island or something...?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah, he's in Mihawk's house with Perona.

Chances are he'll be stuck on it for the two year time skip, what with the things that were kicking ass preventing him from leaving.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Ace, at what part in the story are you now?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:09 am

These fanslations are making me sad.

I can forgive Don Creek. I try to look past all the damn spelling and grammar errors; but come on now..

Spoiler:

The seven gods of pirates? Jinbei, captain of the mermaid pirates?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am

Fishmen and Mermen are fairly similar words in Japanese and Shichibukai is an incredibly hard to translate word (hence it being untranslated in most fanslations and even Namco Bandai didn't bother to find a good English word for it in Unlimited Cruise).

The translations get worse. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 am

They get worse? Oh fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:52 am

Jaya is the absolute bottom of the barrel shittiest fucking poop I've ever read. And the translation itself isn't even that bad. But the names are just horrible.

Oh wait, there's also the whole BB stuff.

You will never guess what BB stands for.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:58 am

Ha, I can't wait. Does it get better after Jaya? Or does it just seem better in comparison?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:01 am

I don't remember any particularly obvious crap from Skypiea onwards, aside from unneccesary untranslated words.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:05 am

Alright, I can handle that.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Back into the manga again now, and I'm in the Sabaody Archipelago.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Another day of hefty readage. Is that a word, readage? It is now.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't care about Ace either, but his death was still sad, because I do care about Luffy. And Luffy's upset, so I'm upset (he's not pissed, his mind is completely broken). Ace was meant to die the moment Oda introduced him, which is likely the reason why Oda never bothered to really make him an interesting character.

Impel Down was pretty decent. The beginning was fun, the middle part dragged on way too long and the ending was incredibly exciting.

The War arc, while flawed, was still exciting, because we see all these top tier characters duking it out in a big brawl. Unlike Enies Lobby it wasn't dragged out at all and kept at a perfectly reasonable 30 chapters. And all the participants were great to watch, unlike CP9. Its biggest problem is the repetitiveness of Luffy getting kicked down, receive help from strong character X and start running again. We already know Luffy makes friends everywhere and that he's a scrub, so it really didn't need the hammering down over the 10+ chapters of him running towards Ace. Also, a lot of characters got a pretty bad rep in the arc, because they appeared to be doing nothing or just take down marine/pirate fodder. Only Whitebeard, Akainu, Luffy and Croc had good showings. However this can mostly be attributed to the fact that Oda doesn't want to blow his load on characters that have upcoming arcs, such as DoFlamingo.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:43 pm

I reread the Impel Down and the war in one go, and it was pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Kaio wrote:
I don't care about Ace either, but his death was still sad, because I do care about Luffy. And Luffy's upset, so I'm upset (he's not pissed, his mind is completely broken). Ace was meant to die the moment Oda introduced him, which is likely the reason why Oda never bothered to really make him an interesting character.

At the time I wrote that, I had no idea Luffy was going to suddenly lapse in unconsciousness. I really didn't enjoy the Ace / Luffy / Sabo flashbacks too much though. It felt like a last ditch attempt to force us into feeling something for Ace.

Quote :
The War arc, while flawed, was still exciting, because we see all these top tier characters duking it out in a big brawl.
Agreed, it was nice to see some of the real heavyweights duke it out.

Quote :
Unlike Enies Lobby it wasn't dragged out at all and kept at a perfectly reasonable 30 chapters. And all the participants were great to watch, unlike CP9. Its biggest problem is the repetitiveness of Luffy getting kicked down, receive help from strong character X and start running again. We already know Luffy makes friends everywhere and that he's a scrub, so it really didn't need the hammering down over the 10+ chapters of him running towards Ace. Also, a lot of characters got a pretty bad rep in the arc, because they appeared to be doing nothing or just take down marine/pirate fodder. Only Whitebeard, Akainu, Luffy and Croc had good showings. However this can mostly be attributed to the fact that Oda doesn't want to blow his load on characters that have upcoming arcs, such as DoFlamingo.

I felt it dragged on a bit too long to be honest, and there were too many times were guys were introduced only to show how strong someone else is. It was great to see Crocodile in full swing again though, and Whitebeard himself, while not a character I felt any attachment to, was a monster. I'd also say the Shichibukai had pretty good outings; DoFlamingo is clearly utterly psychotic, watching him effortlessly take down Moria at the end was quite intimidating, and I find something strangely amusing about the way Hancock fawns over Luffy. The Amazon Lily arc itself was pretty "meh", but at least it had a payoff. Oh, and Blackbeard's a total douche. I can't wait to see Luffy stomp him.

Anyway, moving on, I'm past the time skip, I'm glad to see Luffy back to his old self and seeing him OHKO the same pacifista that it took the whole crew to take down pre-time skip, then seeing Zoro and Sanji doing the same thing to another one made me feel all warm inside. It's great to see the crew all back together again.

One more thing; Kai, where do you stand on Nami's hair? Long or short, your preference...?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm still at the part where Skypiea just finished in the anime.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic   The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I read One Piece, so should you" topic
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next