Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3's review: Scarface: The World is Yours

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Superbuu3's review: Scarface: The World is Yours Empty
PostSubject: Superbuu3's review: Scarface: The World is Yours   Superbuu3's review: Scarface: The World is Yours Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Ok normally i like to review a game after I complete it, but i haven't got the time to do that, but i am nearing the end of the game.

Story

This game is set at the end of scarface, if you haven't seen the movie take it as taking place after the final story mission of GTA: Vice City (that game was based heavily on scarface). The story is nothing amazing it is effectively your routine run of the mill vengeance story. Basically your not playig this game for the story

Gameplay

The game works like this you open up a turf, you have to gain influence there by primarily doing favours for people and then buying there property, after this is done you have to gain more reputation and influence in the area by taking out gangs, completing drug deals or doing missions for your friends. After this you can take over the turf. Drug deals involve finding a dealer and either selling drugs through fronts or to drug dealers. Henchmen missions also add to this.

Unique elements to this game include the purchasing of exotics, this effectively allows you to buy property, cars, henchmen, boats and various other things. These will add to your reputation, which effectively allows you to get more money by doing bigger deals. You can access a mobile phone where you can call a car/boat to you after you get a driver (he also sticks around and will help you on your missions, though you can ditch him or kill him if you want more of a challenge). The other henchmen you get can all do missions for you to and they complete the more basic tasks that require a driver, enforcer or assassin. You can also phone a weapons dealer who will upgrade and stock you up with weapons that can be accsssed from your mansion or car boot.

If you remember the biggest flaw in GTA4 being that you had too much money this game is the opposite you will always want more as there are always extremly expensive things to get in this game, you'll probably need more then a billion to but everything in this game.

There is also the balls system which through taunting, talking, good gun skills and driving you can increase your balls, when you fill this meter you can trigger a rage mode where your temporarily invincible, the reason this is great means that levels will leave you heavily outnumbered making this almost a necessity, though with enough skill you probably wouldn't need it, but it is so much fun to use.

This game also punishes you hard for getting cocky, if you get caught by the cops they will take everything on you, that means any dirty cash thats not laundered, weapons and coke. Laundering money requires a cut of your money being taken away from you to, so this can get quite tactical until later in the game where you can open a finance business.

The game is in a similar vein to grand theft auto and its not suprising that these comparisons are made. There are some key differences to be noted:

1. This game has a bigger combat focus. For example the shooting system in GTA4 is in fact a complete rip off of the shooting system in this game. When I say that I mean exactly the same. I would say i was probably more comfortable with this games shooting system though, which occurs commonly when a game tries to clone another.

2. Tony montana does not kill innocent bystanders or has he puts it "I didn't fuck with no one who didn't have it coming". You can do this if you really want to by changing to one of your hired goons, but this game isn't focused on that so its worth noting.

3. Wanted system has been cloned in GTA4 again, though this games system is more complex as there is a primary phase where you can talk your way out of getting arrested, a second phase where the cops will shoot to kill and a third phase where as the game puts it you are fucked. The game works on running on afield of vision system so you have to escape the wanted area, this can be quite tricky at times. There is also a second part to this system as there is a cumulative cop heat gauge which increases the more attention you bring to yourself this can be reduced through bribes.

4. Gang wars are in this game where you can take over turf this is similar to GTA: SA but unlike in that game rather then doing this to earn money you are actually doing this to protect your assets as there is a bigger problem for you if gangs control areas near your property. There is a gang heat meter again measuring your status with gangs, this can have a huge impact on the game as it effects how all your deals are made.

Graphics

This game blows GTA:SA out of the water the graphics are beautiful and i can quite safely say this is the best looking sandbox game on the PS2.

Sound

The voice acting and sound effects are great.

Overall

I think this game is definitely worth playing, and it is a good game and does what it tries to do great. This is not an actual GTA clone as the game plays differently in several ways. Don't get this game if you want GTA, just get GTA. If you like scarface or you just want to try a different take on the sand box game this is for you.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Superbuu3's review: Scarface: The World is Yours
Page 1 of 1