Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Empty
PostSubject: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:56 am

Story: 5/10
The story is your typical " Ancient Sword is taken by evil dude who kills my clan, therefore I must find him, take the sword, and kill him. " Nothing special. Nothing new.

Gameplay: 7/10
While the gameplay does have varied combo's, there will be very little times you will use these combo's. Why? Because unlike DMC the combo system of Ninja Gaiden Sigma is pretty shallow. Sure you've a got an array of combo's. but you'll probably be using one combo throughout the entire game. Why? Because it's the only one you'll fucking need! When you get bigger swords, you'll use them! Enemy AI is smart. Mainly because they do what a smart enemy would do, and ambush you at every given chance. On Land there will always be an ambush. In the Sky there will always be an ambush. Even in boss battles there will always be an ambush! Why? Because to make this game seem hard, Team Ninja thought it would be cool to have you get ambushed by everything at any given moment and give you a shitty camera to try and fight with.

Music: 3/10
Nothing good here. Nothing in the soundtrack set anything apart from anything else int he soundtrack. It was all of this eastern Japanese music bullshit. No Mixing up of the soundtracks adding differences.

Graphics: 10/10
It's on the PS3. Blu-Ray and all, yadda yadda. It looks very pretty.

Replayability: 5/10
This game has plenty of Replayability. It's a shame you'll feel very unenthusiastic to try any of this because of how boring the game is overall!

Overall Score: 6.5/10
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 am

is this because you didn't find ryu as attractive as dante
Razz
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 am

The combo system was far too shallow. Especially when compared with DMC3 and 4.

Most of the bosses were giant providing no real challenge.

The only reason this is difficult is because of the bad camera and ambushes.

And not to mention it's just plain average.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:08 am

it baffles me when people say you can use a single combo to get through a game

in DMC if i wanted to abuse i could prance around and just use the gun if i had patience

if your gonna use that excuse for a game being bad DMC sucks way more
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:11 am

Listen to me. In DMC you can get through and actually use combos on most enemies and they actually work.

What about in Ninja Gaiden? You can't do it for Ninja Gaiden because not all of the combo's work on every possible enemy.

The Fiends especially. Most of the time you're fighting enemies that won't go down except for one combo.

Compared to DMC who you have a variety of options in which to kill your opponent.

Not to mention there are enemies who are immune to firearmas in DMC. And I'm talking about regular enemies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:17 am

enemies immune to bullet ???
really i can't remember any off the top of my head
i remember some being ridiculously resistant but i don't remember complete immunity apart from a couple of people who blocked at times
also those annoying guys in 3 who split if you sword swiped them

also you gotta remember this game is actually older then DMC3
as its a remake
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:20 am

And? That doesn't change anything. They were released a year apart.

Ninja Gaiden has shallow combat compared to DMC3.

Here's a combo video of DMC3. Compare the freedom in DMC3 you have compared to the freedom you have in Ninja Gaiden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 am

Gameplay wise. Ninja Gaiden = DMC. I enjoy both of them equally.

In terms of story though,

DMC > Ninja Gaiden.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:35 am

I Gameplay wise is where we differ.

I prefer DMC cause of the freedom and creativity you get to make your own combo's.

Especially with DMC4 on both Nero and Dante's parts.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma   Baal Reviews Ninja Gaiden Sigma Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:38 am

honestly i think this looks way cooler

but i guess we'll always disagree on this