Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion

Go down 
+7
Kimarous
Golden Boy
Sauce
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Watch those clips Simian. They're surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Rabitz wrote:
Jap is a racial slur.

I'm using it as an abbrevation. Is that racist?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Kaede wrote:
Rabitz wrote:
Jap is a racial slur.

I'm using it as an abbrevation. Is that racist?

Yes. JPN is the abbreviation of Japan/Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 pm

kthx
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 pm

The Goku meeting Bulma scene was nice. Apart from Goku already being familiar with women, it was pretty reminiscent of when they meet in the manga.

Roshi's little dance thing during the poem was weird though. All that prophecy stuff with the eclipse etc will probably be the most annoying part of the film.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Greg saw the movie and this is what he had to say:

Quote :
It's really bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Greg?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Sarbud wrote:
Greg?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm

The creator of the long forgotten Ultimate DBZ Info site and also an enormous OP fan. He lives in Japan and is an English teacher there. He's a guy who always knows what he's talking about.

I think you'll love his LOST related posts, Sarbud.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Meh, probably still gonna watch it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Didn't Greg hate the whole idea of the movie anyway?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:37 pm

The only material he's seen of the movie before watching it was the 2 minute trailer at Jump Festa.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 pm

So?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Rabitz wrote:
The only material he's seen of the movie before watching it was the 2 minute trailer at Jump Festa.

And? You can still hate the idea. Just look at the BL/BT3 boards when it was announced
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Fact is that he went in with zero expectations and still he was dissapointed with what he saw. And Greg isn't someone who isn't open to surprises, even if he hates an idea beforehand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Rabitz wrote:
The creator of the long forgotten Ultimate DBZ Info site and also an enormous OP fan. He lives in Japan and is an English teacher there. He's a guy who always knows what he's talking about.

I think you'll love his LOST related posts, Sarbud.

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WITHOUT GIVING A LINK
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 am

I'll form my own opinion of the film when I see it. People have a terrible view on what's "bad" or "good" these days. You either have high standards and think everything is mediocre besides a few small gems OR you're dumb enough to like stupid shit and see stoner films as masterpieces. Seriously, if we left the douches of today to watch our films from the 90s, they'll consider all those ACTUAL good films as trash, I'm not gonna let my views swayed by some cunts who only want violence, their so-called expected serious acting and crappy anxiety overdoses with no joyful plot.

There's no "It's just good." anymore. The reason why I'm really looking forward to seeing this is how campy and cheesy the acting is, which I love since it feels like something from the 90s, something that this angsty and over-top-serious decade seems to be missing besides the casual stoner flick or some film for 'tards like Epic Movie.

I mean, COME ON. The haters are LYING(not whining), LYING, that Kamehameha wasn't said right. It was said the way it should be pronounced. The time it takes to say a fucking word doesn't mean a god damn thing. Plus, it's not like the Japanese way to say it is right either because it's not even a Japanese name originally, it's a damn king's name from Hawaii. This is how the high standards today are ridiculous. Why can't we just label all films in the future as "WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILM CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WILL BE OFFENSIVE TO ALL VIEWERS".

Last edited by Sora on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 am

I'd say Emmy Rossum and Chow Yun Fat have the cheesy acting down, but Chatwin doesn't seem at home with it. it does just look a bit poor.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 am

I'm fine with 'im. Only bit that seemed poor was all his lines during the Roshi scene(although I kinda liked how he delivered the "This can't be happening." bit). XD
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 am

Greg's review seemed reasonable. I think it'll just come down to how much all the changes bother people. I still expect to enjoy it, even if it's not that good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 am

WHERE IS GREG'S REVIEW?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:52 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Hahahaha, that sequel set up is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion   Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Live Action Movie discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4