Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least Favourite Game Intro?

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
Kimarous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Least Favourite Game Intro? Empty
PostSubject: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 am

I'm not simply talking about the introductory movie, though. I mean the INTRO... the period it takes before you really get into the meat of the game. It might be a cutscene for some, a tutorial level for others, or an extended "first dungeon" for others still. What bugs you the most?

Personally, I really, REALLY hate the start-up of Knights of the Old Republic 2! Not that the story is completely horrendous (although they shoved the game out so fast that the plot is riddled with holes), but because it is so damn LONG! First, you have an optional tutorial sequence aboard the Ebon Hawk, your party's ship later in the game. Then, you have the excruciatingly long Peragus II level to complete. THEN, you have to do a bunch of crap on Telos Station. THEN, you have to go down to Telos's surface and do crap there! THEN AND ONLY THEN will you be allowed to travel between different planets at your whim!

The sequence in the original KOTOR wasn't so bad. Three to four hours on Taris and a brief daliance on Dantooine; nothing worth bitching over. KOTOR 2, meanwhile is roughly double that length... and it feels even longer because it is nowhere near as compelling as the first KOTOR's story!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:18 pm

final fantasy VIII
there is no way to skip those damn tutorials o_O
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Kingdom Hearts 2.

The week as Roxas sucked.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:03 pm

how did i forget that

yeah that game pissed me off big time
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I liked the Roxas intro. I felt really bad for him when his vacation ended.

Destiny Islands however... Mad
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:09 pm

...Oni?

I dunno, I can't really think of anything other than Rockstar Games seemingly only anime themed game. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:47 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kingdom Hearts 2.

The week as Roxas sucked.

Fuck no, the Roxas parts were one of the best in the games considering it was one of the only juices of the main storyline that wouldn't be around for a long time while you're off adventuring in Disney filler. The only issue would be how Roxas' fighting style is basically KH1 Sora's but at least you get the air recover move early.

Like Kaio points out, Destiny Islands in KH1 on the other hand........BAH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:15 am

Twilight Princess.

The game only gets good after the boring 'trial dungeons' that are the same in every post-OoT Zelda game (forest, fire, water*).

*Water dungeons are the absolute worst. They're always tedious as hell and are nothing but backtracking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Game Intro?   Least Favourite Game Intro? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favourite Game Intro?
Page 1 of 1