Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valkyria Chronicles

Go down 
+9
Baal
Kaede
Kaio
Maskull
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:41 pm

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/features-reviews/e943b2497a662119ca48f5ca8d0a511a/Valkyria+Chronicles+(PS3).aspx

GC are quite strict with their reviews. Only half a dozen games have ever got 10, and it's rare to see many 9s either, so an 8 is high praise indeed.

edit; not sure why, but the direct link doesn't work. Copy / paste still does, so if anyone's interested, just do that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm now in the third level where Welkin shows up with the tank.

I lost.

[/shame]
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

You mean you finally bought it? Even if you don't like it (though I think you will), at least you'll have tried it. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 pm

The price was halved. And I need to know what the big deal is with this game.

It's gonna be pretty hard though. I typically just attack everything in sight, but that's not gonna cut it for this game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Kaio wrote:
The price was halved. And I need to know what the big deal is with this game.

It's ****ing awesome, that's what the big deal is.

Quote :
It's gonna be pretty hard though. I typically just attack everything in sight, but that's not gonna cut it for this game.

Well, it is a strategy game, so that tactic does work providing you're equipped for it. Early game, Lancers and Snipers are next to useless, so you'll be relying on your Scouts and Shocktroopers a lot, though it's often best just to use your scouts for running past everything; they don't have the constitution to stand and fight.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 pm

So I can now form my team. Should I for now just put it full with Scouts and Shocktroopers?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:18 pm

I did a few skirmishes and then levelled my Scouts and Stormtroopers to level 4. The rest is still level 1. Also, I pretty much bought everything that I could possibly buy in the shop.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Kaio wrote:
I'm now in the third level where Welkin shows up with the tank.

I lost.

[/shame]

Happened to Kenji once, too. And he lost when the first tank arrived, too.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Kaio wrote:
So I can now form my team. Should I for now just put it full with Scouts and Shocktroopers?

Early game, then I'd recommend maybe the odd lancer if you need to get through a tank or two, but otherwise yeah, Scouts and Shocktroopers are the way to go. Late game, your best lancers can one shot a tank from halfway across the battlefield, and snipers (or marina to be more specific) can literally shoot off your eyelashes from the other end of the map. Scouts are still the best class all round though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 pm

I find Shocktroopers a lot better than Scouts, but that's probably because these are the early part of the game.

My usual strategy consists of Shocktroopers one-shotting everything, after which I quickly move the Scouts towards the enemy base. Scouts are just too weak.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Once the scouts start levelling up, they learn skills like 'resist crossfire', and they can walk through tons of gunfire with barely a scratch.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:49 pm

I just finished the game again, and it made me remember just how awesome Faldio is. The anime depiction makes him seem like an arse, but game Faldio is a gloriously flawed gem.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I've only seen Faldio in one cutscene and he appeared as a genuine nice guy.

So at one point he'll probably betray you or act like an arse, otherwise Chou wouldn't have been so fond of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 pm

FalDIO.

That nigguh is evil.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:03 pm

oshi-
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Kaio wrote:
I've only seen Faldio in one cutscene and he appeared as a genuine nice guy.

he's a genuinely nice guy, but his priorities are different to Welkins, they value different things.

Quote :
So at one point he'll probably betray you or act like an arse, otherwise Chou wouldn't have been so fond of him.

Chou's quite right to like him. If you check back over this topic, you'll see that it took me a while to 'get' him too, but I shan't spoil the surprise.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:08 am

Faldio is a hero with great sense of style. That's all.
Speaking of the anime, I can't understand why he had to punch Welkin in the end of the last episode.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 am

I find Welking rather boring.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:25 pm

I just played the demo.

Seems alright, I'll probably buy it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 1:26 pm

This is going to come out on PC at some point in the future according to the official Sega twitter. Yeah, I don't know either.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 3:57 pm

I been dying to play this!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:39 pm

VC is still one of the best things on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Faldio, Excella, Piers...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Holy shit, this topic is as-near-as-makes-no-difference six years old. That makes me feel old.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 11:39 pm

You are old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valkyria Chronicles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next