Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Empty
PostSubject: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:44 am

Recently started playing this game again. The first time I played it, I got about 5 hours in and reached, for some reason, a massive puzzle involving a massive cirlcular room divided into two halwf with big concentric crescent paths and upper and lower floors and movinf rooms and switch that moved the paths and all that kinda shit. Got incredibly fed up with, stopped playing the game.

Came back a few months later, started from the beginning again (glad I did), got back to that room. This time, I went through with a guide. A very cleary explained guide that told me exactly what to do. And it took me AN HOUR to push all the switches and run along the paths and move all the rooms in the right way in order to advance. An hour. And that was with the knowledge of exactly what to do and clear directions. An hour of running in circles, pushing switches, and fighting bloody rats. I really fucking hope this game never does that again.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:34 pm

that sounds kinda shit
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:13 pm

It really did feel like it was there just to make the game longer.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:17 pm

i hate pointless gsame extenders like that
the other classic is having to run to opposite sides of things for no reason
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:19 pm

I remember a part of Okami where you had to run around for an hour just to get a dog to join you. It was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:23 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
I remember a part of Okami where you had to run around for an hour just to get a dog to join you. It was stupid.
that dog hunting was bollocks
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:19 pm

The bit where you had to find all the dogs or something? Been a while since I played it.

The worst case of that I've seen though was in Super Paper Mario. You literally had to just run in a wheel for 10+ minutes before you could advance.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:24 pm

the fuck o_O
what console was that on

that actually does sound like the stupidest thing ever

how about ffvii resuscitation game that was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Arm-Fall-Off-Boy wrote:
The bit where you had to find all the dogs or something? Been a while since I played it.

Yeah, you had to find 8 dogs or so. 4 where hidden in the village, 3 were nearby and for the last one you had to run around the entire world map.

Quote :
The worst case of that I've seen though was in Super Paper Mario. You literally had to just run in a wheel for 10+ minutes before you could advance.

I remember that. >_>
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 pm

thats why i liked dq8
the whole game was a struggle but you never needed to grind same with nocturne
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
Arm-Fall-Off-Boy wrote:

Yeah, you had to find 8 dogs or so. 4 where hidden in the village, 3 were nearby and for the last one you had to run around the entire world map.
Oh yeah. That last one didn't bother me at all though, because it wasn't arbitrarily introduced. It wasn't just a new area that was designed to take 100x longer to get past than it should be. The dog was there in the village the whole time, from the start of the game.

Those type of delays I don't really mind, because you're actually playing the game for the most part. The game doesn't just take a break for something completely unrelated to the rest of the gameplay that takes a ridiculously long time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:37 pm

mario games are really bad for that kinda crap
i remember sunshine you efeectively played each individual level 10 times o_O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)   My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My God that was an awful, pointless, awfully pointless grind (Eternal Sonata)
Page 1 of 1