Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Futurama : Bender's Big Score

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Futurama : Bender's Big Score Empty
PostSubject: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:35 pm

What did you guys think of it?

i was disappointed, i thought it could of been so much better
I also found it kinda predictable, and i thought in general the series was way better
anyway i might check out beast with a billion backs or whatever its called
i'm hoping its better
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:41 pm

I personally liked BBS better than BWABB, but it was all right

I loved BBS, it was cute, and it had Fry's dog in it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Chrona wrote:
I personally liked BBS better than BWABB, but it was all right

I loved BBS, it was cute, and it had Fry's dog in it
i think it was a good story
but they made it all a bit too obvious
the twists that were in the story were a bit too obvious
but i do know what you mean its good how they manage to have more then just humour in futurama
I just wish they had more humour

when is movie 3 out?
i'm guessing it will be over here a couple of months after you guys get it
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Movie 2 has a few more random gags, I guess
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:57 pm

I dunno when the third one is out. The first one was out months after it was out in America, but I think the second one came out about the same time.

Anyway, I though BBS was better BWABB too the first time I watched them. BBS is much more gag heavy, and good ones too. I thought it was on par with the series, and certainly better than most of season 4, which wained a bit for me.

But BWABB has possibly the best story Futurama's ever had. It's so weird and great, and there's one moment that genuinely surprised and amazed me.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:00 pm

I find those two a little reversed personally

Deathball?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Yeah it had it's random moments too. But the tone of BBS seemed much more gag based. It had a good story too. As Buu said though, it was pretty predictable. I saw the big end reveal coming as soon as a certain character come on to the screen.

I suppose I was just more impressed with the story of of BWABB. It kind of reminds me of Godfellas episode. Especially... (seriously big spoiler Buu, don;t read it)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Heh yeah, that was kinda cool =p

The love story was better in the first though, it's like all the stuff that happened with Fry and Leela in the first movie completely disappeared at the start of the second, which shouldn't happen seeing as it's a direct sequel

Also, Bender's Game comes out on November 4. However, just like the first two movies, I plan to have em a week before release
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, they did kinda throw away the big Fry/Leela love story, but it didn't bother me that much. The Fry/Leela thing is something I've never beent hat bothered about. When they pursue it it can be very good (last episode of season 4 for example), but when they don't I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:43 pm

But Fry's dog rules
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Eh. Jurassic Bark is an episode that always annoyed me. The end seemed really forced. So I wasn't that bothered by the dog either. Although he did get a good laugh from me during the explosion.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Also, the first movie explained why Seymour Asses was rapid-fossilized while the ending of "Jurassic Bark" had him dying naturally
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 pm

He didn't die at the ned of the episode did he? It just showed him waiting for ages.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:48 pm

At the end he collapsed and closed his eyes, can't get much clearer than that
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Did he? Don't remember that. I just remember loads time-fades, and dog was lying down in all of them. Might have missed it though, don't pay much attention. Liked I said, that ending always annoyed me. I found it really unbelievable that Fry wouldn't clone the dog.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 pm

He thought that the dog had forgotten him and lived a long happy life, then it cuts back to show that the opposite happens - The dog was just there for a few years looking around, then he collapses.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 pm

well i watched it and yeah the twist was entertaining

i do wonder if the third will have any kind of continuity
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:14 pm

Intro synopsis

With fuel prices skyrocketing, the Planet Express crew sets off on a dangerous mission: to infiltrate the world's only dark-matter mine, source of all spaceship fuel. But deep beneath the surface lies a far stranger place...a medieval land of dragons and sorcery and intoxicated knights who look suspiciously like Bender.

Doubt it =p
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:30 pm

i hope its better
though both movies were alright
i'd have rather rewatched some old episodes
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:31 pm

I've seen the old episodes enough for the time being I think. And as I said I think the movies so far surpassed most of season 4.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:32 pm

i can't distinguish the seasons
was roswell in 4
that episode was hilarious
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Roswell was season 3. Season 4 is okay, but it's dragged down a lot by episodes like 300 Big Boys or the Fountain of Aging or The Farnsworth Parabox (not horrible episodes, but bad by Futurama standards)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:37 pm

oh right
due to how big a pause it was since this series has been around i was really expecting something special
it rally felt like the story and gags could've been done in an hour
the fact there were a couple of songs in the first film was really annoying for me
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am

They were awesome songs though

Songs are only overdone if they happen for every damn reason NON stop, like they do in the Tom and Jerry movie
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am

T_Man wrote:
Roswell was season 3. Season 4 is okay, but it's dragged down a lot by episodes like 300 Big Boys or the Fountain of Aging or The Farnsworth Parabox (not horrible episodes, but bad by Futurama standards)
THAT ONE WAS AWESOME! HOW DARE YOU SAY IT WAS BAD! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurama : Bender's Big Score   Futurama : Bender's Big Score Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurama : Bender's Big Score
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next