Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you play any instruments?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Do you play any instruments? Empty
PostSubject: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:27 pm

I play accoustic and electric guitar, bass, drums (a little), piano/keyboard and sing. Only of these that I actually own is my voice.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaede on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:16 pm

I played the Cello and Violin for a while. I want to learn how to play the piano
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 am

Needless to say, my main istrument is the bass. I currently play a Yahaha TRB-6P 6-string bass. Not in a band as such nowadays though I play occasionally with some jazz/swing musicians, though my preference would be Rock. I also (being the only available bassist) play in a Church Music Group. I do have a couple of old 4-string basses (one fretless with light wood lines instead of frets) but I would find it difficult with the restricted range (less than two and half octaves compared to four octaves on the 6-string).

I play the normal guitar and have a 12-string acoustic and base model Line6 Guitar (easy way to have access to a lot of guitars, lol!).

I play a bit of keyboards and have a Korg M1 a mate was selling and also a Roland MT-32 Midi "Box" which had the distinction of being used for the music in a Kings Quest game on the Atari ST way back when! It did sound impressive for in game music.

Played with a couple of bands in "ages" past! Our 2007 reunion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRS1LJKApw
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I've played a 7-string guitar, but a 12-string? How does that even work?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Kaede wrote:
I've played a 7-string guitar, but a 12-string? How does that even work?
Probably like a double headed guitar. Unless that's what he means.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Bassman wrote:
Needless to say, my main istrument is the bass. I currently play a Yahaha TRB-6P 6-string bass. Not in a band as such nowadays though I play occasionally with some jazz/swing musicians, though my preference would be Rock. I also (being the only available bassist) play in a Church Music Group. I do have a couple of old 4-string basses (one fretless with light wood lines instead of frets) but I would find it difficult with the restricted range (less than two and half octaves compared to four octaves on the 6-string).

I play the normal guitar and have a 12-string acoustic and base model Line6 Guitar (easy way to have access to a lot of guitars, lol!).

I play a bit of keyboards and have a Korg M1 a mate was selling and also a Roland MT-32 Midi "Box" which had the distinction of being used for the music in a Kings Quest game on the Atari ST way back when! It did sound impressive for in game music.

Played with a couple of bands in "ages" past! Our 2007 reunion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRS1LJKApw

Is that you playing by the way i took the liberty of giving you an avatar you like cars so i just gave you a car from GT5
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for the Avatar.

I am playing bass on that track, but manage to pretty much stay totally out of camera. We recorded 9 songs in the session (someone brought along a 16 track recorder so each instrument could be recorded individually) though only 8 of them (from various) takes were usable. We did 7 of our old songs and 2 new ones. Only 1 of the new ones made it to the finished recording.

A 12 string guitar has 6 sets of two strings close together (so it plays like a normal 6 string). Tuning is basically the same as a normal 6 string other than the fact that on the 4 lowest sets. the 2 strings which are of different thicknesses, are tuned an octave apart. The top 2 pairs are identical strings and are tuned the same. or very marginally out, to give a very distinctive sound.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:59 pm

You bastard, I wish I could play a guitar like that. Playing a 7-string in a soundproof room with full band was pretty awesome, though.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:07 pm

We had a day in a village hall recording the songs live, though the end result was edited from all the takes to get the best result.

Not quite the same as recording in a studio doing things instrument by instrument.

Our Sax player was unable to make the reunion but we had 2 lead guitarists which made things a little different.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Thats awesome

Why does the dude on the recorder look so freaking familiar
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I think he reminds me of someone famous now you mention it. Not sure who.

He came over from Australia for a holiday which was the reason for the reunion session.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Bassman wrote:
I think he reminds me of someone famous now you mention it. Not sure who.

He came over from Australia for a holiday which was the reason for the reunion session.

Yeah i thought he looked kinda like someone from tv probably in the 80s, but on some programme i didn't watch much so i can't even hazard a guess as to who he looks like.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:15 pm

What bands do you like covering, Bassman?
I myself like playing Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Bullet For My Valentine and KISS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you play any instruments?   Do you play any instruments? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you play any instruments?
Page 1 of 1