Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obligatory Tales Topic~

Go down 
+7
Balthier Bunansa
Superbuu3
Golden Boy
Baal
Kaio
Kay
Estelle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

Obligatory Tales Topic~ Empty
PostSubject: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:28 am

Discuss Tales before I forcibly volunteer you to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 am

Never heard of it...maybe...but what is it about?
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:51 am

How has one not heard of the Tales series? The wonderful piece of real-time combat should be experienced by all.

Wikipedia "Tales of Phantasia" and work from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:14 am

Oh, then yea I heard of the series.
I havent played it but a couple of my friends have it but they either cant bring it or it doesnt work
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 am

So what tales series you want to discuss about?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 am

I played Symphonia and Eternia.

Symphonia was awesome.

Eternia sucked.
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Never played symphonia but i think eternia is awesome. Tales series that i ever played are:

Destiny (non-remake ps2 version) - Just started
Destiny 2 - Beat it but doesn't understand a thing plus file got corrupted
Eternia - Just before the final boss
Rebirth - File corrupted and planning to start again in PSP version
Legendia - Beat it and file got corrupted
Abyss - 100% complete and file got corrupted

Philia here doesn't like symphonia i guess.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Tales of Symphonia is the only one I played. And I only played the First Disc before I had to return it to Blockbuster. And now because Japan are cockbites about their remakes they didn't put Tales of Symphonia out on the PS2 in America like they did for Japan.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 pm

ToS is my favourite game.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Symphonia is basically half-rehash of Eternia with some added story elements in, like the generic RPG villain, hero and heroine slapped together with cliche bullcrap, contrived romance and just plain god-awful story.

Which was the focus of the game.

The story.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Like I said. Symphonia was the only Tales games I've played.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:47 pm

...but I liked the story. Razz
The 2nd disc though was quite dull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:49 pm

I played that crappy GBA game awhile back... sure was crappy.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah, GBA Phantasia is horrdenous. The SNES, PSX and PSP versions are great, especially PSP Full Voice.

<3 Arche
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 pm

i don't think they're released here
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Well.

You can acquire them by nefarious methods a.k.a. ISO/ROM ePSXe/ZSNES.

Both the PSX and SNES version have fully translated patches of the game. Be warned, the SNES translation isn't bad, just they kind of took some things and ran with it (but added some humor) while the PSX translation is the most like the original game.
Back to top Go down
Balthier Bunansa
Skypiea Priest
Balthier Bunansa

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 pm

LOLZ

I've only played Tales of Phantasia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia.

Super awesome.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Legendia is an underrated game. I mean sure, primitive battle system and whatnot, but COME ON, a story that didn't suck, from Tales?

Hell yes.
Back to top Go down
Balthier Bunansa
Skypiea Priest
Balthier Bunansa

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Yeah, the story and character development were amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Symphonia and Abyss are the only ones I've played. The employee's at my local GameStop did not recommend Legendia, because the game's story and battle system sucked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JudgementStar
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:39 pm

The game employee was on something.

The battle system is primitive, it doesn't suck. It's pretty much an updated graphics Eternia's battle system. The eres system is innovative and the story is probably the best in the entire series. The game's plot is decent and the characters are amazing.

Legendia is pretty much a homage the 2D Tales in a time where they updated to 3D, even though ToDr is like, the best Tales ever and in 2D.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Hmm... Sounds good to me. Perhaps, despite the protests, I will pick up this Tales game and play it for myself.

Thanks for the insight on Legendia.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Be warned, it may not be your cup of idea, that was my opinion. Compared to the other Tales, battle system isn't as good, but the story and characters won't disappoint. Also, make sure you spend time collecting eres, it is important.

You'll also be angry with Will as he is a horrible mage, only good mages are Norma and Shirley. You'll find yourself using melee characters more.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Philia wrote:
Be warned, it may not be your cup of idea, that was my opinion. Compared to the other Tales, battle system isn't as good, but the story and characters won't disappoint. Also, make sure you spend time collecting eres, it is important.

You'll also be angry with Will as he is a horrible mage, only good mages are Norma and Shirley. You'll find yourself using melee characters more.

Better to base my decision on a optimistic opinion, rather than pessimistic, otherwise I might miss a true gem wrought in a plastic case and a shiny disc. If worse comes to worse, I can always get a full refund, if I don't like it.

I, also, use more melee characters anyway, in Tales of games.
Back to top Go down
Kay
Skypiea Priest
Kay

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Philia, do you ever play psp version of phantasia. How was it? Is it the exact same thing with the original one(couldn't remember which console) with voice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obligatory Tales Topic~   Obligatory Tales Topic~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obligatory Tales Topic~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next