Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle for middle earth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Battle for middle earth Empty
PostSubject: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:55 pm

IMO the best LOTR games

I love being able to control armies
and its the one game you really feel like you are in the world of lord of the rings

my favourite part is controlling sauron
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 am

Ever play with the expansion pack, Rise of the Witch King? Angmar kicks ass!

My only woe with it is that recently, my LAN matches with my brother keep desyncronizing after ten or so minutes, making the oh-so-fun multiplayer impossible! Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 am

na i've been intending to get it

but in terms of pc games i've been stuck trying to get through my C&C decade edition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:22 am

It's an awesome game. I have all three. The two of them and the expansion pack.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

was playing BOFM a bit just now and it serioulsy does destroy other Startegy games. The main reason is you actually have an army, not individual units, you don't make an archer you make a platoon. This in itself means even the smallest pettiest fights look like epic war, its a seriously great way for battles to start. I have no idea why more games don't use this style.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 am

I downloaded a torrent but it didn't work. Said it the iso file was broken or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 am

its a shame i think this is the game we can all play and do well on its really not hard, well you can cheat a bit by using custom heroes who you choose the powers of and i managed to make one guy who can slaughter an army and base singlehandedly and due to levelling up the more dangerous the enemy the more dangerous he becomes.

We tried playing RA2 but that is like really hard but its weird as speed seems to really effect the difficulty and the french AI is hilariously bad he basically gave up as soon as the battle started. Its weird though as I can't remember how to play RA2 at all, I stand by the fact its a completely different game but resource gathering turns into a free for all so the game gets complicated and its very hard to judge which units do what.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The main reason is you actually have an army, not individual units, you don't make an archer you make a platoon.
Dawn of War 1 is like that, you make basic squads of a certain kind of unit then you can add support units, heroes, heavy weapons, flamethrowers etc on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 am

nice i'd prefer that kinda gameplay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle for middle earth   Battle for middle earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle for middle earth
Page 1 of 1