Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Verg that songs stuck in my head now

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Oh.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:27 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
Snake6782 wrote:
Any brief examples, MT? No need for a big list or nothing, about one or two bands is good enough.

Well, virtually every band/group/whatever tries to experiment at some point during their careers. It's often these times that people get confused.

The only example I can come up with off the top of my head right now is rather esoteric. When Metallica released Ride the Lightning in 1984, Fade to Black was initially singled out as a track that proved the band was trying to appeal more to a mainstream audience by taking a departure from all-out thrash metal. Turns out that they would go on to release two (and a half) more thrash metal albums which are widely considered to be two (and a half Laughing ) of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time. Metallica's sound wouldn't truly undergo a paradigm shift until the early 90s.

What's funny about that is Fade to Black remains a fan-favorite to this day.
you weren't even born in 1984 Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Snake6782 wrote:
Oh.

It's probably their most popular album, if not Master of Puppets. Enter Sandman's a great song.

Superbuu3 wrote:

No, but I do research. Laughing I do feel as if I'm talking outta my ass since I wasn't even alive during that time, though.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
Snake6782 wrote:
Oh.

It's probably their most popular album, if not Master of Puppets. Enter Sandman's a great song.

Superbuu3 wrote:

No, but I do research. Laughing I do feel as if I'm talking outta my ass since I wasn't even alive during that time, though.

I do some research too, maybe too much at times about movies, music, and such.
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:40 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
I do feel as if I'm talking outta my ass since I wasn't even alive during that time, though.

Well, I dunno. I'll look at it this way: Historians don't talk outta their asses, do they?

Okay, I feel better. No, I'm not claiming to be a historian.

Snake6782 wrote:

I can't tell you how many times I've read a plot synopsis for a book, game, movie, etc., simply because I wanted to understand it better. In the process, I'll oftentimes learn something new about the media that may be completely unrelated to the synopsis.
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:41 pm

MetatronTorment wrote:
MetatronTorment wrote:
I do feel as if I'm talking outta my ass since I wasn't even alive during that time, though.

Well, I dunno. I'll look at it this way: Historians don't talk outta their asses, do they?

Okay, I feel better. No, I'm not claiming to be a historian.

Snake6782 wrote:

I can't tell you how many times I've read a plot synopsis for a book, game, movie, etc., simply because I wanted to understand it better. In the process, I'll oftentimes learn something new about the media that may be completely unrelated to the synopsis.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verg that songs stuck in my head now   Verg that songs stuck in my head now - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Verg that songs stuck in my head now
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2