Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Scalebound got cancelled

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So Scalebound got cancelled Empty
PostSubject: So Scalebound got cancelled   So Scalebound got cancelled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 am

So sounds like lots of Platinum were overworked, people had nervous breakdowns and relationships fell apart with MS. Not sure what o make of this. Platinum seems to have one of the worst streaks a company has ever had. I hope this isn't wasted time and whatever work they put into this turns into something else.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So Scalebound got cancelled   So Scalebound got cancelled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:32 pm

I won't lie, I was gutted this got cancelled, even if the writing had been on the wall for a little while. Mind you, I thought that about The Last Guardian as well. A real shame, especially as it leaves Microsoft's list of exclusives looking a little thin this year, and I say that as what often feels like the lone voice of support for Xbox One in a sea of PS4 and PC users!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So Scalebound got cancelled   So Scalebound got cancelled Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 am

I feel like Platinum has been stretching themselves thin for a while, ever since Korra. I guess they couldn't do a big AAA project Scalebound as well as Bayo 2, Transformers, Turtles, Starfox, Nier, and god knows what else all at once. I know they have different teams but they're not a huge studio as far as I know. They were working on Scalebound for over 4 years, and they've had a lot of other releases in that time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Scalebound got cancelled   So Scalebound got cancelled Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I won't lie, I was gutted this got cancelled, even if the writing had been on the wall for a little while.  Mind you, I thought that about The Last Guardian as well.  A real shame, especially as it leaves Microsoft's list of exclusives looking a little thin this year, and I say that as what often feels like the lone voice of support for Xbox One in a sea of PS4 and PC users!

To my knowledge this was the only high profile japanese game they were releasing (admittedly Platinum has been somewhat western with there style), but thats probaby going to hurt MS in the longrun, as this would've been a game that was tipping point for some to buy an Xbone.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Scalebound got cancelled   So Scalebound got cancelled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Scalebound got cancelled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Games General Discussion-
Jump to: