Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bojack Horseman

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Netflix original animated show. The 3rd season came out recently, and I started watching it a few weeks before that, which was nice timing. It stars Will Arnett as an anthropomorphic horse who is an old sitcom star seeking to kickstart his career again. And Alison Brie as Diane, a writer he hires to write a book about him. She's human (though her boyfriend is a labrador).

The first few episodes seem "normal". There's an abundance of gags, and I thought it was similar to Family Guy when I started watching it. About halfway through season 1 things pick up though (each season is 12 episdoes), and you understand what the show is. The continuity becomes more apparent and the characters get fleshed out and it gets real fucking serious. It's a comedy about depression basically. It's sometimes hilarious and sometimes heartbreaking. You all should watch it.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 6:05 am

It's definitely a great show, I've watched it season by season since it first started. The first six episodes or so of season one (I'd personally say episode four is where it "clicks") are basically setting up the characters and the world so that when shit Gets Real it is all the better. I think the second season was the best so far; season three had some great high points but I felt it failed to capitalize on the end of season two and in some ways it felt like it was spinning its wheels with some characters and storylines.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 8:34 am

This is the absolute shit. Best new show I've watched in aaaages.

Destroyed the three seasons in a matter of days, and now I'm a bit miffed I have to actually wait for more. The fuck is this?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:26 am

That's when you rewatch it and look out for background gags and foreshadowing.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Plus it's got a great theme song.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Did you know that Sarah Lynn's "Prickly Muffin" music video was filmed at the planetarium?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Just finished Season 2, and Jesus, Bojack really is the master of fucking things up, isn't he? Escape from LA was another low, just when you think he cannot get any worse he finds a way to hit a new rock bottom.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Finished Season 3, and it just goes from catastrophically bad to tragically worse. Half the time I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 8:21 am

Yep, that's a fair summation
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Funnily enough I almost got put off watching this in the first couple of episodes as it reminded me of family guy and i hate that as much as Cartman does.

Then I suddenly find myself watching all the episodes, made me laugh when someone refers to Diane as asian daria. Mr Peanut Butter is great and all the characters in general are likeable, while they generally always do shitty things. Its a good show I question how good a comedy it is though, as its traumatising at times. I did find the amount of self references in season 3 a little annoying though, but by then I already liked the show so I was committed.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Bojack Horseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bojack Horseman   Bojack Horseman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bojack Horseman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: TV-
Jump to: