Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)

Go down 
+5
testtubebaby
Golden Boy
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Yeah I was going to say. It's not hugely beneficial since it doesn't lock camera orientation or anything, but the lock-on does help with keeping track of bosses.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Casa wrote:
In case you haven't figured it out, lock-on is R2.
Thanks Robopuppy was a pain in the ass, if there's another boss like that it will be handy.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Also, when those big robots charge at you, you can parry that.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:28 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Thanks Psycho, I gotta say doing commentary was considerably harder then I thought.  It felt weird basically talking to myself.

I feel like you either have it or you don't, and if you don't it takes a lot of practice to get good at. I've been streaming consistently with live commentary for over a year, but my commentary isn't very good at all.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Updated and no i won't be doing weird voices on my videos
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 pm

That guy you stealth killed had a left arm you needed. You can go into Blade Mode after stealth kills too. The guys with collectible arms will be highlighted when you use Augment Mode, and the arm will glow when you Blade Mode them too. Chopping them off is a bit fiddly though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Remember that when you see a red flash you can always parry the coming attack, you probably would have killed Mistral a lot faster if you didn't get knocked out of combos.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:14 pm

You should really only be using Blade Mode to cut things. Your attack power is significantly weaker in Blade Mode, so activating it just to swing at an enemy is not very effective.

Good job on beating Mistral on your first attempt though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:14 am

Neo wrote:
Remember that when you see a red flash you can always parry the coming attack, you probably would have killed Mistral a lot faster if you didn't get knocked out of combos.

Yeah i need to work on that. This video and the one i do tomorrow were before I learnt those things. I'm going to continue the playthrough after that though so i'll try and use that in future encounters.

Casa wrote:
You should really only be using Blade Mode to cut things. Your attack power is significantly weaker in Blade Mode, so activating it just to swing at an enemy is not very effective.

Good job on beating Mistral on your first attempt though.
Oh right I didn't know that, I'll adjust playstyle accordingly.

Thanks, I thought she was a lot easier than blade wolf.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 am

Blade Wolf is kind of like Cerberus in DMC3. He's hard the first time because you still don't really know what you're doing.

This inspired me to play the game again, so I decided to try Hard with no upgrades, no Ripper, and only using the HF Blade. Wasn't that bad until the final boss, which was an absolute motherfucker because it checkpointed after I ran out of nano pastes. That last fight made up about 20% of the total play time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:11 am

The mastiffs (gorilla-lookin' enemies) are a pain, especially when there's more than one. They mess up the camera quite a bit with their jump attacks. It's satisfying when you get to Revengeance mode and a perfect parry kills them instantly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:32 pm

You should hurry it up already because I want to see the Monsoon battle. As for perfect parries, I'm pretty it's just impossible with the hammer guys. Same with the custom cyborgs (the ones with the long swords and white armour). If you perfect parry them, they'll parry back, and then you have to perfect parry again, and so on until you break their guard.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 1:48 am

You can parry the giant wheel of garbage.

Also, there's eight minutes missing from the fight according to your rank time, you sneaky sneak.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 am

Its the easiest way to know you're watching.  Had absolutely no clue you could parry something that big.

BTW I've actually finished this but i'm just putting up one video a day because i can't work out what else i'm putting on my channel yet. If i'm not playing an action game i'll likely put long videos up unless you guys think sticking to under 15 minutes is better.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:39 am

Eww, stun grenades.

But really, I get why he's a big problem for people. I never thought to use the grenades though, and it feels like a cheat when I see them used. It makes sense that they work, but as a game it seems weird that something so simple can cripple a boss's unique attribute.

Locking on will stop you losing track of him too, especially when he falls apart and you can attack his head. He also has that attack where he jumps really high and slashes down. Without lock on it's difficult to deal with that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Latest video up i'm suprised it got like 20 hits before I grabbed the link to share. I thought no one would've seen it before I posted it here.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Your Minecraft video spam tactic obviously worked.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Neo wrote:
Your Minecraft video spam tactic obviously worked.
It didn't seem to i think most of the views on the minecraft vids were me trying to figure out the html on the website i posted them on.

Don't judge me I did what I had to get attention and it didn't work lol.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

More pictures of kittens.
More swearing.
More screaming.
More crude humor.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Get yourself verified so you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes, a lot of the ones you've put up so far end abruptly and it comes across as a bit disjointed.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Neo wrote:
Get yourself verified so you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes, a lot of the ones you've put up so far end abruptly and it comes across as a bit disjointed.
Thanks I think you're completely right i'll do that before my next set of videos, still haven't decided on a game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Name the videos more appropriately too. If there's a boss fight or something put it in the title.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 am

Hey guys thanks this has been really helpful

Also the Jetstream Sam Boss Fight is up now.

I'm pretty sure thats BD at 8:30
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:00 am

Final boss fight up now.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:52 pm

No offence but I really hope that's not the last video, it ended awfully. You should talk a bit, give some final thoughts and some closure before signing off a series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)   Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superbuu3 Plays Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Completed)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next