Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodborne

Go down 
+3
Eevil-Psycho
????
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Bloodborne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:26 pm

In case anyone was on the fence, there's no chance you'd enjoy this if you don't like the other *souls games. That said it's not exactly the same as earlier titles either, combat is faster and more aggressive and a couple of things have been simplified (there isn't any equipment burden anymore) to make it a little more accessible for people who haven't read up on how systems work. The new weapons are all really cool, though the trade off is in variety as I've only found five or six different things to use. Guns might as well just be parrying shields from the earlier games, they can't mitigate damage but you can stagger enemies pretty easily and set them up for ripostes.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Well, father Gascoigne sure has my number, some of his combinations are just brutal, might have to keep him for later after I've levelled a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Parry and riposte him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
yeah, origins indeed, they're advising me to go with one that has more Vitality than the one I have, should help me in not dieing/dying/whatever so much. as it essentially is still the first 30 minutes of the game I'm stuck in.
I saw skip's comment first I thought this was just one of those words that looks incredibly wrong when its spelt out and assumed you'd have gone with the right one when both spelt out, not many words I can think of with a string of 3 i's and e's

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 am

yeah, it is a stupid mistake I guess, but I'm weird when I get confused and I can't think straight for a moment... so I'd just be totally convinced dying actually means dyeing for some reason and go with dieing even though it does look off to me as well...
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm

I just can't seem to do Father Gascoigne, I can get him down to his beast form with relative ease, but I haven't found a viable way yet to defeat that one..
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Some of the weapons in this are pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:36 am

Steampunk robot arm does look pretty cool. That's also a good hat. I'd probably get this game if I had a ps4.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 am

There's actually a different weapon that'd be right up your alley, a sword cane that sections into a bladed whip thing.

One thing to note about the game is that armor doesn't matter nearly as much as previous Souls games, everything I've found has similar basic stats so unless you need poison resist or something what you wear is kinda irrelevant. That does allow for wearing the top hat 24/7 though so it's probably a net gain.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:08 am

Skipio wrote:
Steampunk robot arm does look pretty cool. That's also a good hat. I'd probably get this game if I had a ps4.

It's definitely a game you'd want to get a PS4 for. Despite my slow progress and getting stuck on boss battles, it's really one of the most fun and interesting games I've played in quite a while, and I'm happy i gave it a chance, cause I didn't play games like this before, and it's opening up a whole new world for me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Sword cane whip sounds amazing.

I'm not entirely sure games that are worth buying a console specifically for exist for me any more. It's certainly something that will go in the 'pro' column the next time I draw up a list though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 pm

I would make you a game about a top hat(that shoots bullets) wearing army fighting against a sword-whip cane wielding army if I could. The protagonist would try to get both sides to co-exist with one another by showing them how fashionable and posh it would be to wear top hats(that shoot bullets) WHILE utilizing a sword-whip cane to smite his enemies. Would that be a title worth an instant console purchase?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Only if it's also incredibly tongue-in-cheek and has true grey morality.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 pm

This sounds like the best PS4 exclusive by a long shot I knew the A Team would deliver.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

I saw a clip of this and it has werewolves in it. Proper, snarling, massive, scary-as-fuck werewolves. Werewolves are my catnip.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Hadn't played in a week, but I finally got passed Father Gascoigne today, on my first try of the day...

The game seems to really open up after that, or at least it gives me that impression, I've found like two new lamps in about 10-15 minutes. The one in the church, and then another one right before you get to Old Yharnam.

I have no idea where to go first now, but that does give me lots of options to explore I guess. I found a fellow hunter and decided to cooperate with him, not sure if it really does anything, but we'll see soon enough.

I also sent an old lady to the safe place in the church.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Old Yharnam is where you want to be going next considering its your first playthrough. You're right that there are other places you could go but they're more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:48 am

yeah, I took a left at the church, fought 2 guys and then I saw something weird, and as I went to check it out, I got picked up into the air got the "frenzy" status and died.

It appears you can avoid it though, so I went up the stairs, and then there's this big guy with an axe, which I can avoid, but I get killed by the 2 trolls that are down the stairs, did find a monocle there though, haven't made it past that part cause there's a second big guy with an axe on the other end as well.

Guess I will go check out Old Yharnam indeed.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am

a bit stuck in Old Yharnam now, I can get passed the gunner, but when I enter the building, I always seem to alert one of them screaming things and then I get overwhelmed by enemies.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 am

You can either run straight through to the exit, skipping all the enemies, or be careful and run backwards once you get seen to try and bottleneck them so that you can use longer range attacks to kill more than one at a time without getting flanked.

I assume you've noticed that in the big hallway there's something that drops down behind you? If you decide to fight them you should kill that one first, then very slowly kill everything else as you make your way down the stairs. You can't really be too cautious most of the time in this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Or equip your top hat and sword cane and say "Have at you" and wreck them.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Or equip your top hat and sword cane and say "Have at you" and wreck them.
Yeah, this seems like the best strategy, Psycho.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 pm

I don't have a sword cane or top hat.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Then you must be playing the game wrong. You should probably go and find the sword cane and top hat, might make things a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 pm

I got a pirate hat...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne   Bloodborne - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: RPG-
Jump to: