Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?

Go down 
+5
Neo
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
testtubebaby
????
9 posters
AuthorMessage
????
Butter Bomb

Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Empty
PostSubject: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 pm

You know when you heard about PC gamers, they always talk about wanting 4k, 120fps, 60fps, whatever. Also talk about how it's insane that Watch_Dogs (hell anything made by Ubisoft right now) is poorly optimize? (The whole hell is a different topic)

Are we just bitchy for wishing the best for our platform?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm

i dont think its bitchy but you have to remember if someone has a ps4/Xbone then they have exactly the same as everyone else with a ps4/Xbone, if you have a top end gaming pc a lot of people dont, they have mid range or even low range gaming pc's so developers cant just make a 120fps game running 4k because they would essentially lose 80% of sales through people not being able to run them
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:04 pm

My only gripe with PC gamers is them saying its the best platform and then wanting console exclusive games to be ported to them. I find it annoying when anyone expects exclusives on their console though so thats not just PC gamers.

In terms of Ubisoft they do have a poor showing on PC, there current attempt look like they just want a similar experience cross platforms. I understand this from a sales perspective as they get more money from console games, and they likely don't want any platform to sell less as its not as good as another platform. As a consumer its a dick move. When I get a PS4 i'm going to be annoyed to play Asscreed Unity at 900p because the xbone couldn't handle it. So not a fan of this.

That said I enjoy the Tom Clancy, Rayman and Prince of Persia so I'm buying Ubisoft games regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Everyone wants the best for their platform of choice, that's hardly a surprise. What a lot of PC gamers tend to forget, is that the majority of people don't want to have to think about what they're building - they give Sony or Microsoft £400 and the system they buy runs the games as intended, be it at 900p, 1080p, 30fps, 60fps or whatever else.

There's a small - but vocal - number of PC gamers who'll happily pump thousands into massively powerful rigs that run rings around PS4 and XO, will decry anything less than 30fps as "totally unplayable", and 60fps as "barely acceptable", but they are the minority and no industry makes real money by catering to the minority. That's why a lot of the new-gen games on PC seem to be console ports. Hell, Eurogamer today published a report saying that even their top-spec PC with overclocked I7 and top-of-the-range graphics card couldn't run Evil within @ 1080p60fps.

Would a PC gamer be right to want more? Yes, most likely. But does that necessarily mean they're entitled to it? No.

When I bought my laptop, I specced it to allow me to play most games. It'll run Skyrim without too much trouble, though more demanding fare like The Witcher 2 did require a few graphical sacrifices to achieve a consistent frame rate. Thing is, I'd rather play on my 55" 3D HTDV with surround sound than on my 15" laptop screen, so I will buy most of my games on console for that reason. As for the disparity between PS4 and XO, it's a whole lot of nothing, at least at the moment. I'm a colossal tech-nerd, and even I struggle to tell the difference between XO's upscaled pseudo-1080p and PS4's native, even on my rather large TV.

I could go on, but I won't!
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:44 pm

This is a bad thread.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  G9cabl10
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:50 pm

iOS master race.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:37 pm

The PC market expects good optimastion and scalability. And mod support. That's pretty much the whole reason for gaming on a PC. I don't play on PC but I saw an article recently about the PC version of The Evil Within. It's apparently so badly optimised that the best rigs money can buy can't run it at a stable 1080p60fps.

If I'd paid for a top of the line core processor and the latest graphics card or whatever then I'd be pissed off if I could only get console-level results out of it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Neo wrote:
This is a bad thread.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now I get this topic yes Neo is bitchy.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
My only gripe with PC gamers is them saying its the best platform and then wanting console exclusive games to be ported to them.  I find it annoying when anyone expects exclusives on their console though so thats not just PC gamers.

In terms of Ubisoft they do have a poor showing on PC, there current attempt look like they just want a similar experience cross platforms.  I understand this from a sales perspective as they get more money from console games, and they likely don't want any platform to sell less as its not as good as another platform.  As a consumer its a dick move.  When I get a PS4 i'm going to be annoyed to play Asscreed Unity at 900p because the xbone couldn't handle it.  So not a fan of this.

Only time I recall PC gamers asking for a console exclusive would be GTA V. But that is to be expeceted since every GTA game (besides spin-offs) have been on PC at some point. So it would make sense for GTA V to be on PC. I can't recall another time PC ask for a console exclusive.

I agree, dick move Ubisoft. I don't have a problem with them, but when EA has make attacks on you, that is pathetic.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The PC market expects good optimastion and scalability. And mod support. That's pretty much the whole reason for gaming on a PC. I don't play on PC but I saw an article recently about the PC version of The Evil Within. It's apparently so badly optimised that the best rigs money can buy can't run it at a stable 1080p60fps.

If I'd paid for a top of the line core processor and the latest graphics card or whatever then I'd be pissed off if I could only get console-level results out of it.

Yes! I mean no game should be so powerful that you have to be force to 30fps. I seen better looking games and they can run perfectly on PC.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:22 am

Neo wrote:
This is a bad thread.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:03 am

Baal wrote:
Neo wrote:
This is a bad thread.

Why is it a bad thread?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 am

EDIT: Eh, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Isn't everyone bitchy for wanting the best. Especially console gamers.
Saying "I bought this system because it way better than this system." is every gen console gamer.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 4:04 pm

And console gamers say we PC only cares about graphics. I wonder why people will buy new ones?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Empirewild wrote:
And console gamers say we PC only cares about graphics. I wonder why people will buy new ones?

I guess its people are different. In this world there's console gamers like me and TTB, but there's also PC gamers like you, baal and neo.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Me wrote:
Isn't everyone bitchy for wanting the best. Especially console gamers.
Saying "I bought this system because it way better than this system." is every gen console gamer.

Especially PC gamers. And "I bought a PC because it's way better than any console" is every PC gamer.

See? That works both ways. Sweeping generalisation tends to do that.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 5:51 pm

I know its everyone, just pointing out its not only pc gamers. Just gamers in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?    Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are PC gamers bitchy for wishing the best?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Games General Discussion-
Jump to: