Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GamesCom 2014

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Eevil-Psycho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm sure there's some people around here who are interested. You can follow the Playstation Conference right here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/gamescom/

there's a timer on the page, so no need to be figuring out what time it is for anyone.

I don't know if there's other conferences, but I'll update this post if I find something.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced as an Xbone exclusive. Fuck you Crystal Dynamics.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm

MS been throwing money around again, sad they actually went for it.

EDIT: also, I think Sony might not really care, there has got to be a point in time where they said like: Hey Sony, MS is doing this for us, can we perhaps work something out too? and Sony obvously didn't think it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Journey and Unfinished Swan on PS4, seeing as Flower was cross buy i'm hoping these will follow suit. I won't complain about having access to both on PS4 at no additional cost, plus for those xbox guys jumping ship thats pretty damn cool.

I'm still hoping Journey gets that rocket launcher mod.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 pm

not sure why they're starting with all these trailers, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:06 pm

So everyone is watching this together?

I'm guessing that was THE ORDER
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Bloodborne looks awesome, probably not my genre of game, but still..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Coop on your games that yoru friends don't own via share sounds amazing. I hope lag input isn't atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 pm

i think I'm really starting to prefer this over the E3 shows.

so many games and so many cool looking ones. was hoping for something major though, could've used some Uncharted 4 or Guerilla's new IP. But overall, pretty good.

I'm also totally going to try that P.T. game now

EDIT: if I can find it on the store that is, doesn't seem to be up.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:55 pm

okay, if you like horror stuff, give that P.T. thing a go, it's in the store under demo's... it almost made me shit my pants.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am

Reviewers complain about Downpour and Homecoming for "emphasized visuals and a fairly nonsensical narrative over gameplay"

Gets the guy who does both of things as his entire career...................

The fuck?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:51 am

Kojima doesn't sacrifice the gameplay of his games for the most part to tell his story (MGS4 is like the only exception and even that had MGO to show off the gameplay more and some really good sections of the game which were a lot of fun), also Silent Hill's always had shitty gameplay. If anything Kojima's the first person that has the chance of making it good.

Like I understand the Silent Hill franchise is built on liking two games of the whole series and then bitching endlessly about the rest of them, but this is kind of silly to be getting pouty about.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:45 am

if the atmosphere in the new Silent Hill is anything like that P.T. it's going to be really scary.

most people who have played P.T. say it's one of the scariest things they've played.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey! Silent Hill 3 and 4 were awesome! Don't underestimate them! Those who think 1 and 2 were the only good ones need to realize 3 and 4 were always better.

I don't even hate Downpour or Homecoming. Just reviewers bitch those aspect which ironically fit Kojima perfectly.

Also we are talking about the same person who released a 20 MINUTE GAME FOR 40 BUCKS! 20 MINUTE GAME! (Also for those who bought the new MGS5, I hope you regret every decision for that game.)

I love Metal Gear Solid series, but the stories are SO overcomplicated, nonsensical, and just over glorified political agenda from Kojima.

Kojima and Silent Hill are almost as an imperfect match as if Capcom made a Zelda game........No wait that worked

Umm... Zelda and Koei.......No that would work to

Ha! Bungie and Activision, that will never work! No wait that work too (Besides the whole "Expansion Pass" thing, aka, Season Pass, aka "We are already making DLC for a game not even out yet!")

No good comparisons right now, but I'll think of some!

Just... Silent Hill and Kojima doesn't work (nor does it with Del Toro either)
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:20 pm

why would it not work?

have you played P.T. ? it's pretty obvious that the combination of Kojima and Del Toro is working out pretty damn good judging by all the reactions to it.

as i said, if Silent Hills is anything like P.T. is (of course, with added gameplay and no insanely difficult random puzzles) it's going to be killer.

Besides, Del Toro is there for a reason, and he can actually write and direct some pretty good horror stuff, have you seen any of his movies?
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Again, I don't hate the idea of Silent Hills at all, hell, it looks great.

Just a strange combination, when most reviewers bitch about Downpour and Homecoming for the exact same things Hideo Kojima

By the way, fuck Pacific Rim. But Hellboy movies were good
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:11 pm

i wasn't talking about those, but like his genuine "horror" stuff, The Orphanage for example, or Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

they're not horror in the sense that they're 18+, but he's so good in making you feel on edge or nervous the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Silent Hill 1 was groundbreaking, if you're too young to have played a game at the time and incapable of judging it for games at the tie then don't. I do agree SH2 is seriously overhyped (it is a good game nowhere near as amazing as ppl say though), it is atmospheric and amazingly so, but I honestly didn't find it all that fun.

SH1 Harry going into town makes sense he has to look for his kid and that explains why he doesn't run. James on the other hand gets a letter which a normal person would dismiss as an evil prank. Considering the game is prqaised for story I just found it dumb thaat he even ended up in the town. I get bad choices for a sense of horror because horror stories are almost universally terrible, but before you can blame panic setting in to force people to make dumb choices the whole thing is stupid.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
i wasn't talking about those, but like his genuine "horror" stuff, The Orphanage for example, or Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

they're not horror in the sense that they're 18+, but he's so good in making you feel on edge or nervous the entire time.

Never even heard of those till now. I do have an extreme basis towards horror films as being over glorified cheap popouts/scare fest with having shit just jump out for the sake of trying to be scary.

That is why Silent Hill is great. It expect you for shit to jump out, but most of time, doesn't happen at all, which makes it even creepier. When it does, it doesn't feel like "Oh, got me again game!" COUGHCOUGHRESIDENTEVILCOUGHCOUGH

No, it's batshit scary! It a horror film were the scary part is literally based on nothing happening, just old and creepy paths, with the occasional enemies here and there.

If horror films went on more suspense than cheap scares, we could have more classics instead of half-ass mediocre horror/slasher films since, I don't know, 2000.

Fuck Final Destination, fuck Saw, fuck any remakes of any horror film, and fuck the Silent Hill movie, ironically possible the closest thing to a good video game movie.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm

well, judging from what you seem to like, I'd suggest it even more that you watch those movies.

obviously, there is some jump scares in them, but it's pretty much just making you feel like something's gonna happen, and it doesn't.

Mama is also good, which is a movie produced or written by Guillermo Del Toro, it's fairly recent even.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Half of the Silent Hill games are filled with jump scares, what are you talking about? Hell, the ones people consider good aren't because of the suspense or whatever. 2 and 3 are considered the good ones because their idea of horror is based in psychological terror and making you think about what Silent Hill is representing. The actual monsters are horrible amalgamations of the psyche of the main character, they are based in that person's personality, experience and fears. The person you follow is a mentally broken person and to figure out who this person is along the way through their apprehensions and whatnot is a big part of what made those games interesting and helped establish the atmosphere.

Out of all of the people you could be whining about, Kojima and Del Toro are the ones? That's such a bitchy thing to do, especially in a fanbase of people who do nothing but gripe and bitch about the next installment in the series. This is the first time I have seen Silent Hill fans actually have a reaction that isn't complete apathy or disgust since like... well, Silent Hill 3.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
well, judging from what you seem to like, I'd suggest it even more that you watch those movies.

obviously, there is some jump scares in them, but it's pretty much just making you feel like something's gonna happen, and it doesn't.

Mama is also good, which is a movie produced or written by Guillermo Del Toro, it's fairly recent even.
I think I've seen Mama, is it the one with Jamie Lannister in it? If so, I thought it was pretty good despite not really caring about horror films. Though I think I enjoyed my friends' reactions to it about as much as the film itself.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:01 am

yeah, that is the one with Jaime in it.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:27 am

Baal wrote:
Half of the Silent Hill games are filled with jump scares, what are you talking about? Hell, the ones people consider good aren't because of the suspense or whatever. 2 and 3 are considered the good ones because their idea of horror is based in psychological terror and making you think about what Silent Hill is representing. The actual monsters are horrible amalgamations of the psyche of the main character, they are based in that person's personality, experience and fears. The person you follow is a mentally broken person and to figure out who this person is along the way through their apprehensions and whatnot is a big part of what made those games interesting and helped establish the atmosphere.

Out of all of the people you could be whining about, Kojima and Del Toro are the ones? That's such a bitchy thing to do, especially in a fanbase of people who do nothing but gripe and bitch about the next installment in the series. This is the first time I have seen Silent Hill fans actually have a reaction that isn't complete apathy or disgust since like... well, Silent Hill 3.

I can't believe human beings actually hate Silent Hill 4. I can totally see the dislike for Homecoming and Downpour, even though I still get more chills from those two games than ANY OTHER HORROR GAME in the past decade. But 4? Sometimes, I am wondering if people know why they hate a game.

Silent Hill does have jump scares. I never denied that. I am saying that the way they use it in a way that doesn't make it for cheap scares (Like most horror movies), but actually creepiness. Most of the time, it never happens. When it does, it takes you on the least suspecting way. In modern horror films. I can probably tell when a scary moment is going to happen. On very rare occasions, I'm wrong.

Silent Hill series are creepy games, still to this day.

Also the only reason I complain about Kojima is because people and reviewers complain about in Downpour and Homecoming that both have over play the graphics, but have nonsensical stories and sacrifice gameplay. Guess what game perfectly sounds like Downpour and Homecoming?

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ground Zero. (Also fuck Kojima having the audacity for releasing a 20 minute game!)

Hell besides the gameplay part, MGS2 and 3 can fit in those pictures too.

And I fucking love the MGS games. Just as stories, I could give a less fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GamesCom 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom 2014   GamesCom 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GamesCom 2014
Page 1 of 1