Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Empty
PostSubject: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Man I love this game really simple style of play, but very addictive.  Its free on plus so a bunch of you can grab it.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm

cross buy aswell, i downloaded it on the vita but havnt played it yet
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Started playing this with absolutely no prior knowledge of what it was, and I'm not sure what to make of it.  It feels like an even more retro score-attack version of old school Grand Theft Auto mixed with the oppressive tone of Manhunt and the day-glo of Vice City.

It's a weird and strangely compulsive cocktail, but I'm not sure I could see myself losing hours and hours to it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:09 pm

I think you're remembering GTA a bit too fondly the first one was a glitchy mess (even havign an abysmal frame rate at times. This runs really smoothly, which is the main reason i didn't even care about the retro look. I think it was appropriate as it underlined the expect to die theme of the game. The speed of which you die and get straight back into the action makes this an instant classic. I'm not even going to try the PS3 version being able to pick it up on the Vita and play it for a couple of minutes every now and again feels like the perfect way to play this. I already finished this, just going back through the game to hopefully get the true ending (not using a guide so it will take some time).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am

Absolutely cannot wait for this.  I wonder if thats coop going on there with the two people or just a new control method. The gameplay looks even better and more intense, also can't wait to try out hard mode.

Platted the first game and can't stop playing it lol.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 am

I'll have to try to the PS3 version because there's somethng about the controls and the speed of the game that just doesn't work for me on the Vita. The sticks and shoulder buttons feel wrong for how this game plays.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Having a much better time with it on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Having a much better time with it on PS3.
Is there any difference to the buttons or is this simply how the buttons feel when you press them?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Locking in with R2 rather than tapping the screen is better, but it's just the feel of the buttons and the sticks, and maybe the size of the screen too. I can be more precise and react quicker and more accurately, or at least it feels that.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 am

Pff, lock on is for casuals.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 am

I don't use it a lot but having to tap the screen during this game is a pain. Aiming with the PS3 sticks is easier anyway.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:40 am

What does tapping the screen do? Move the camera or something?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 am

Touchscreen is used for looking around, and you tap people to lock on to them.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 am

Huh weird, that doesn't seem like it'd mesh well with the fast paced gameplay.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 6:25 am

On Vita it feels like you need another hand to keep track of it all. The controls feel needlessly over complicated for what is meant to be a simple game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 am

Yeah on PC it was just WASD + mouse plus an execute button and one to pan the camera a bit, I didn't expect any motion or touch controls at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 am

Only casuals need to look around I kick down doors and rain fire upon my enemies. Hence me not even using the touchscreen at all.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:26 am

rain fire? i use the baseball bat or the bottle or a drill, how did you get all A+ with guns
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:21 am

testtubebaby wrote:
rain fire? i use the baseball bat or the bottle or a drill, how did you get all A+ with guns

I was speaking metaphorically, easiest way to get A+ is to just use the combo lengthening head (also the walk fast or faster head). Change weapons anger lots of people at the same time and use executions.  Also say two guys with bats are running at you.  Throw your bat at one, punch the other then pick up a weapon and do the weaapon exeutions on the floor.

Killing enemies in LOS of another will give you more points, but if they got guns you'll be screwed. Remember doors give you a bonus to, you can also shoot a door open to knock enemies over. Trying to execute everyone works wonders though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number   Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Page 1 of 1