Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme

Go down 
+4
Skip
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Apparently there are 10 phases in multiplayer.

Anyway I don't mind replaying missions I want to have all one of every dagger and I'm low on cash all the time...
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I prefer Space for the bow now, because I can just run in and set up Sanctum to purify broken parts and then get back to long range to continue attacking. The vacuum thing is good for keeping bosses in place for a while too.

I realise that the best thing about th bow is how fast the weapon gauge builds. A fully charged cursed arrow ignited with a full charged regular arrow gains a lot of meter, especially with an ability that boosts meter gain. 10 or so cursed arrow detonations and the gauge is full.

You can hold R to charge attacks as well which is a godsend. Obviously they knew holding down square to charge as well as using both sticks to move and aim would be a pain, so you after you start charging with square you can hold R and let go of square.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:41 pm

The story is hilariously bad.  They really shouldn't have even bothered.  It should just be the demons are bad kill them that would make more sense than this.

I find this quite common in Japanese media where stories are overcomplicated for no reason.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Playing this and DW8 at the same time was a bad move i think i may have had a hack n slash overdose. lol
nonetheless my progress is slow at best due to the fact im trying to finish up the all the side quests.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Just ordered this, so hopefully to spend some time online, assuming you guys haven't all gotten bored by then!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:24 am

I intend to do everything in this game so i'll be playing for a long while.

This game has shit load of replay value. You'll likely clock in 2-3 hundred hours.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:34 pm

I think im halfway though now @ chapter 5
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:57 pm

When you need help on MP let me know.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 3:56 am

I startedusing the daggers and I can see why you die so much buu.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 am

I've just hit my first difficulty spike, though I'd guess I'm not alone. Basically, I spent the very first few chapters with the sword, before moving onto gauntlets due to their increased power, then moving onto bow. Using a bow in a group of three or four others makes bosses easy to pick apart.

However, the solo manhunter fight at what I'm guessing is the end of chapter two is proving troublesome. Using a bow solo is frankly near-impossible - even a swarm of imps can prove challenging, let alone taking time to line up your charge shots against a rampaging manhunter, so I'm forced to use some of my lower levelled weapons and I'm dying. A lot.

What weapon / mitama / tactics did you guys use to clear this?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:09 am

Never mind, tried it again with a new sword (the breaker sword, made from the remains of the jollux) and did it first time by focussing on taking down all his left legs and hitting him a few times, dodging and repeating. Took about ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 pm

I really think bow is crap solo, but you only need to do about 7 missions in the whole game solo so its not much of a drawback.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah, bow really needs another Slayer in the party to be even remotely effective. To be fair, the weapons are all pretty well balanced - they all seem effective with slightly different approaches. I'm now starting chapter 3, and I'm having a lot of fun with the game, even if the netcode seems a bit... well, shit. At least half the time, I simply get told there are no lobbies available when trying to join a quick match.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Net code is fine for bosses, Koei games tend to do this thing where on everyone's screen they are being aggroed by everything on the map at all times. It makes combat more fun. In boss fights the bosses behave properly. You'll have a really hard time finding rooms as you'l limit people's progress when you join their room if you're behind them.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm

The board as a whole hasn't had a single post for thirty odd hours? Weird.

Anyway, I'm plowing through Chapter 3, did stop for a bit to do some online but could only do very early missions with paltry rewards, allied with a few people who were obviously beginners; they were using starting gear, and had no idea what they should be doing. I got bored quickly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:06 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The board as a whole hasn't had a single post for thirty odd hours?  Weird.

Anyway, I'm plowing through Chapter 3, did stop for a bit to do some online but could only do very early missions with paltry rewards, allied with a few people who were obviously beginners; they were using starting gear, and had no idea what they should be doing.  I got bored quickly.
We're on phase 5 i think. Obviously we can help you through the earlier missions to.

I noticed that to but then we both posted at the same time.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Just fought the Terragrinder.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:17 pm

I think a close up of nagi was the main reason for it.

I also think you're the only one with a male MC, Neo said it was gay to stare at a guys butt for several hundred hours.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

We need to play again so I can stronger ghost versions of you guys.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Fighting a Terragrinder and a Pyrogrinder at the same time is a pain, but kind of fun. I'm up to phase 8 for the multiplayer stuff, but I've been skipping about half the missions just to progress faster.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

You guys must be ridiculously strong.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm

I don't know how far Neo and buu are, I've been pushing ahead offline.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 pm

For reference, my strongest bow (Blazebird +5) has an attack value of 292, with 40 bonus fire damage. Your strongest gear...?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Well all the weapons have different attack strengths anyway. My strongest bow is Nagi's bow, which is 527. My strongest gauntlets are the Dragon Gauntlets +9. 895 attack with 202 water.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Do the stronger weapons make a noticable difference in how quickly the bosses go down? Terragrinder took me twenty minutes, I can't imagine trying to fight him alongside another boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme   Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next