Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal Backlog: New Poll

Go down 
+6
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
testtubebaby
Neo
Skip
Baal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Next Game?
Assassin's Creed III
Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Disgaea 4
Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Bioshock
Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gunpoint
 0% [ 0 ]
Ni No Kuni
 0% [ 0 ]
Mass Effect
Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap75%Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 am

Alright I'm about four chapters into LA Noire and... I don't really care for this too much. So first of all, I hate this interrogation system. It feels like I'm taking random stabs here at how I'm supposed to react to the suspect. At one moment their face will be going nuts so I'm "Doubting" them, but sometimes they'll have very little facial reactions or even eye movement. Oh wait, it turns out that you're still supposed to be doubting them at those points sometimes too. So when is it obvious you're supposed to tell the truth? Only the first witness you meet is mostly honest and it's ALWAYS THE FUCKING FIRST WITNESS. Even the Bartender after the first witness in the first murder case was meant to be doubted more than twice.

I'm also really not invested in half of these cases because why should I be? Because Cole is? Cole's not an interesting character. He literally doesn't seem human at points because he has so little fucking emotion, he only gets angry when the situation demands it. It's also weird trying to figure out exactly what is up, apparently Phelps has a wife but never talks to her, he was also in the Marines but a giant dickwad there too, is this character supposed to be massively unlikeable?

Hopefully this gets better, but like the only part I've enjoyed so far is the Murder Mystery and that's because I didn't have to walk around interrogating people about why someone did to slather their dick all over legal documents.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 pm

I finally finished part one after a month hiatus and no it's not because I forgot, it's because I'm getting tired of this game and don't want to play it anymore. I'm putting this game on suspension and starting up a new poll, I will explain my reasons in my review, jesus christ.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 pm

New poll is up for two days, get cracking.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:24 pm

i voted for AC3 because after a couple of hours you will be begging to play L.A. noire again
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I voted for Twisted Metal because I enjoyed World Tour.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Twisted Metal it is.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 pm

mind you, it's a very difficult game.

I had trouble with it, don't think I even finished it cause I had trouble getting past one of the levels and I just ended up giving up on it cause I got so frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:48 am

Don't worry Psycho, Baal is good at games.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:18 am

The only part of Sweet Tooth's story I had trouble with was the race and that's because this game is clearly not meant for racing. I'm enjoying it so far though, it feels like some of the older Twisted Metals, but now with mediocre rock music.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 pm

The games pretty easy, Baals just a casual for even finding the race tricky. He used to be hardcore.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 1:45 am

Finished the story mode and I liked the game well enough. I didn't really enjoy the races because the game is clearly not meant for races, especially the last one where you can get easily lost and it feels pointless getting fast vehicles because not only do they get shit on like nothing, but they're harder to control. However everything else was pretty fun and it was nice playing a car battle game that is competently made for the first time in a while.

That last boss was fucking stupid though. I'll do some multiplayer then call it on the game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:22 pm

New poll is up as are my thoughts on Twisted Metal.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 pm

You should play SMT so I can be jealous about a game I'm not allowed to play yet.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:56 pm

I do everything for you, Neo.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:57 pm

i voted ni no as you don't want to be left with a bunch of RPG's to play through
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 am

I started playing Bioshock yesterday, it's pretty cool. So I voted for that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I chose gunpoint, because i liked the name.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Alright, I accidentally left the poll run for 0 days when I meant for 1, so I'll close it here and say I'm gonna flip a coin between all four.

SMTIV (Heads)/Bioshock (Tails) - Heads
Gunpoint (Heads)/ Ni No Kuni (Tails) - Tails

SMTIV (Heads)/Ni No Kuni (Tails) - Heads

It looks like I'll be finishing up SMTIV then, alright.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:26 pm

SMT IV isn't out in Europe until spring, so you've got ample opportunity to make half the board jealous.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Yo you can get a sick fucking biker outfit that's actually practical in stats too for when you get it, it looks super slick. By the way I'm doing a Neutral Run for my first playthrough and the game's been pretty fun, you can't really play it like Persona and other SMT games, it's a lost more "eat or be eaten" style in the gameplay department.

Also there's been some new designs for SMT monsters by guys who have done Kamen Rider and they are terrible.

Spoiler:

That's Omoikane, what did his old design look like?

Spoiler:

I mean most of the game uses Kaneko's old designs, I don't get why they needed these new monster designs, they're so bad.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 am

Sweet fucking jesus, I can't believe I've put 70 hours into this game and I have a full-time job. Okay, so forewarning for anyone who wants a certain alignment. It's easy enough to get chaos and law, but you have to work for neutral. There is no straight up neutral option now, when you make choices it's only law or chaos ones. It works under a point system though, so any choice can be like.

Choice 1 (+2)
Choice 2 (-5)

And it will adjust the points accordingly. To get chaos you need -9 or less points and to get law you would need 9 or more points. If you want to get neutral you need to regulate your points between -8 or 8. Also if you decide to pick neutral, be prepared to need to finish 19 specific sidequests if you want to advance in the story come the end game. It's a bunch of obnoxious stuff to punish you for choosing the route everyone wants. If I weren't using a guide for most of these sidequests I would've burned the fuck out on this game by now.

Anyways, I'm finally in the last part of the game and I will probably post a review tomorrow provided I finish it at a good time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:00 am

Reminds me of having to look up the point values of every dialogue choice in Catherine.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:52 pm

When you write your review can you make a section just for me called "Should I get it? And why?"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Sure

Neo wrote:
Reminds me of having to look up the point values of every dialogue choice in Catherine.

Oh yes, but Catherine was (thankfully) not a game I put 70 hours into before I got to AN ending.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Cool, I've never played any of the SMT games, but I've noticed a fair bit of hype surrounding it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal Backlog: New Poll   Baal Backlog: New Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal Backlog: New Poll
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next