Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RD plays: Dragon's Crown

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:43 am

So we're taking other guys on to hard now? What about infernal?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Wait, you guys have other characters on hard now? My main still has only a single hard B route to her name.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Wait, you guys have other characters on hard now?  My main still has only a single hard B route to her name.
I've got 3 charqacters i can beat te ancient dreagon with ATM i think, there's klevel 25 ish
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Well I figured I'd get other character up to hard rather than advance to infernal on my own.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I created a wizard and used my Sorc to drag him (as a second player, though effectively idle) through six stages of normal B routes, only stopping because the red Dragon fight broke the equipment of every party member other than mine, and even my level 40 Dwarf NPC was getting one-shotted without any armour.

Ended up knocking the dragon off the bridge, and running back to town, whereby my Wizard went from level 1 to level 22 in one go.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 pm

That's cheating man. I always go through the early stages solo just to get used to the new characters. lus O oonly have one controller.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I have no interest in playing the low levels because without skill points, the characters are all going to be much of a muchness. Get to level 20-ish, and you get a few skill points to invest and can make a start on fashioning your character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Much of muchness?

Yeah but if you go through all the early levels you get a better feel for all thechaaracter ands how the skills word. Ohterwise you're just gueassing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:42 am

I completely agree with moose here, you're basically gonna think any character you skip the early game with is shit, just because you won't know how to play them.  Every characer is absolutely great in there own right, plus you will end up having fuck all in terms of good equipments, i was semi rushing with my dwarf.  He clearly is a good character but i haven't adapted with the game, the wizard/elf/sorceress I played without any NPCs even helping me through te early dungeons and I have a great feel for all of them.  With the dwarf my timing for throws is all off which is really making things harder then they should be. n Going through slowly with Amazon she is amazing and might actually be the most fun character I've played with yet.

If you're gonna skim levels you're better off skipping levels 15-35 or something.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:45 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I completely agree with moose here, you're basically gonna think any character you skip the early game with is shit, just because you won't know how to play them.  Every characer is absolutely great in there own right, plus you will end up having fuck all in terms of good equipments, i was semi rushing with my dwarf.  He clearly is a good character but i haven't adapted with the game, the wizard/elf/sorceress I played without any NPCs even helping me through te early dungeons and I have a great feel for all of them.  With the dwarf my timing for throws is all off which is really making things harder then they should be. n Going through slowly with Amazon she is amazing and might actually be the most fun character I've played with yet.

If you're gonna skim levels you're better off skipping levels 15-35 or something.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not skipping the early game entirely - I'll run through normal with all of them, just for the side quests and the extra skill points they offer. I just don't want to play levels 1-10 where you have no skill points and every class feels neutered. Oh, and equips aren't an issue as I rarely old anything whilst levelling up my Sorc, so I have stacks of gear laying around for pretty much every level and class.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 pm

i have been doing the first 9 levels on my own then using my dwarf to chain the 9 talismans together, this way net you loads of levels in 1 hit & also quite a few S rank items with the 100% bonus to items you get for chaining

EDIT:- also i take the quests for killing X amount of things & pick up all bones as its another 15K exp when u get bk for resurecting them
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I binged today and got the dwarf to level 25.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I spent an hour tackling hard mode with my Sorc - got her to level 52, after chaining 7 stages, and it was surprisingly easy. Well, not easy per se, but not that tough. I specced for damage rather than support, only keeping protection as I had equipment that meant most chests etc were dropping food to keep the party healthy, and it was only NPC equipment breaking that really slowed my progress in the last couple of stages.

I've also been getting to grips with my wizard, now level 27 and whilst he has some nice tricks - overcharge can be very nasty even on his normal attacks, and the likes of Storm and Meteor are downright devastating when charged, I also like how quick he can charge his mana (having ten stages in his skill tree compared to Sorc's five) - there are aspects of Sorc that I miss. Her levitate has greater utility and her manoeuverability seems a step above, keeping her out of harms way far more easily.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 am

Hmm, not sure quite what's going on, but I seem to have encountered something nastier than even the Ancient Dragon... On one of my travels, I maxed out my allowance of bones, getting the message I was carrying too many to bring back to the temple. Fine.

However, when I got to the temple, I buried everyone there and in so doing received a random item. Next visiting the item shop, I see this item, despite relatively mediocre stats is worth half a million gold. I try to sell it, but the game freezes. I reset, try again. Now though, it freezes the moment I highlight the item, regardless of which menu I'm in.

I'm guessing it's a hacked item and that's why it is crashing my game, but take this as a warning!
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:28 pm

i heard about this glitch/hack but havnt encountered it yet, what is the name of the item?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:53 pm

I can't remember exactly, but it was a grace charm of some kind.  Unremarkable stats, but worth a fair bit of gold.

EDIT: Has anyone reached Infernal difficulty yet?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I haven't. I'm waiting for you guys so we can do it as a group. I'm getting the Dwarf up to Hard in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:53 pm

ye im with moose, my dwarf is ready to take the leap into infernal although we have to do the ancient dragon solo as we found out last time
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:02 pm

The Ancient Dragon needs to be done solo...?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

you can do it as a group but only the host gets credit for beating it
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I still need most of the talismans on hard though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Didn't realise that only host gets credit.

For what it's worth, I've just started Infernal but the bosses agin have gone up a shit-load of levels, so I'm stating well away from B routes for now. The best thing is the exp bonus is now 200% of your score, rather than 50% in hard, and by praying in the temple you can add another 50% to your score multiplier. You get a score of a couple of million, you end up with 4 million exp points. Sounds great, doesn't it. I chained three A routes and got around 3.5 million, going up six levels. Loot was crap though, and the exp requirements per level are getting much higher - around 700k a level now.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Thats the reason I refuse to play with randoms online, you're lucky you got away without save file corruption its happened to people.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Thats the reason I refuse to play with randoms online, you're lucky you got away without save file corruption its happened to people.
Yeah, but if it did get corrupted I'd just download a non-corrupted file from my PSN cloud storage. It auto-uploads every night so it'd mean losing a bit of time, but the save-file itself would be safe.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm

That just goes to show how much simpler things are with two human players; Nonny and I waltzed through the entirety of Hard mode in an hour and a half with no trouble whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RD plays: Dragon's Crown   RD plays: Dragon's Crown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RD plays: Dragon's Crown
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next