Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So. FFXV. Yep.

Go down 
+4
Baal
Eevil-Psycho
Haseoviawesome
Talking Sock
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am

To recap e3, we saw this pop up the other day:

And we also have another gameplay trailer:

Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:41 am

It would be weird to fight a behemoth on the first level.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 am

I'm still really hyped for this.

it looks just amazing and the combat looks like it could be quite awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 am

IN DEVELOPMENT
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ff-type-0-hd-coming-march-special-surprise

Confirmation of that XV demo being included with Type-0 by the way. Also, Nomura's done his part with XV and is buggering off to focus on KH3 and shizzles.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am

Maybe we can expect the first KH3 trailer in 2017.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:18 am

Fucking awesome gameplay.

But cereally, there may be more substancial stuff a bit later. Be alert!
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:13 pm

yeah, they're at Gamescom, should be some news coming out of that.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 am

Hurray...

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:53 am

Japan is finally branching out now its dudes and tentacles.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 4:53 am

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Good lord. A delay has been confirmed and everyone is acting as melodramatic and self-entitled as one can expect. Now, it's understandable why anyone could get upset about waiting a little bit longer for a product they've wanted for some time, but it's amazing how people are trying to warp this into another "evil deed" Square-Enix has committed. These whiny babies act as if they're trying to withhold the game and are purposely sabotaging everything, even though the whole delay is for the good of the product.

I hate the gamers of today. I hate this era where everyone has developed some skewed victim complex and has to get offended by everything. I hate people in general. AND I HATE. I HATE. I HATE PETER PAN!
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Delaying is fine for quality assurance (granted that always doesn't mean quality *cough*Watch_Dogs*cough*), but didn't they make a big deal about this?

Like they had a whole conference with its biggest announcement (which was leaked by Gamespot, but I digress) that the game would come out the September 30th, even teased it would have been released later because of the long 8 or 9 year length of this game development. Yes I am aware they aren't the first to announce a release date and delay it, but at that grand scale, a whole show about it? Yeah, kind of a dick move from Square Enix to delay the game after that.

But........its not end of the world. The game is still coming in 2016, just wait 3 more months. I am more annoyed I have to wait for Valentine's Day 2017 for Persona 5.

I think gamers do have one worry about games with very long development cycles is that they might end up with a case of games like Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, Alien Colonial Marines, Too Human and others. Now in Final Fantasy 15's defense, I think this game will be actually decent from the gameplay I've seen

I care somewhat is how important this game is to Japanese console market. Final Fantasy is huge and if this game can't bring the sale numbers to warrant its hype (which is around 10 million, which I think only 7 reached), the console market in Japan very well could be on a downward fall to irrelevance and consumed by the mobile market and shift to PC gaming (Notice the large surge of JRPGs and japanese games on Steam?).

Good luck Final Fantasy 15, you got a lot railing on you
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Yeah, kind of a dick move from Square Enix to delay the game after that.

That's not really what one can call a "dick move" though. They had come to the conclusion that the game was in need of additional fine tuning and wished to include more data on the disc instead of relegating it to a patch later on. It's just an unforeseen circumstance. They didn't maliciously go back on their word or purposely betray the fans. THAT'S what a dick move would be. All they're doing is making sure people get a solid, improved product and not relegate essential data to digital updates. They should save the vitriol for AFTER the game's release. Maybe then they can find something to legitimately complain about.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 pm

SOK wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
Yeah, kind of a dick move from Square Enix to delay the game after that.

That's not really what one can call a "dick move" though. They had come to the conclusion that the game was in need of additional fine tuning and wished to include more data on the disc instead of relegating it to a patch later on. It's just an unforeseen circumstance. They didn't maliciously go back on their word or purposely betray the fans. THAT'S what a dick move would be. All they're doing is making sure people get a solid, improved product and not relegate essential data to digital updates. They should save the vitriol for AFTER the game's release. Maybe then they can find something to legitimately complain about.

I agree with that, I didn't to say Square-Enix did this as a malicious act, more on the fact they hyped this release date with a huge event and promised it would be the final date, to suddenly delay it when it was almost a month away from released.

But again, despite that, its very minor and I do agree with all you said. We'll wait till after release date, though this game intrigues in more ways than just being good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

again, it's an unforeseen circumstance, the fact they had an event where they announced the release date has no relevance on whether that makes it worse it got delayed or not.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 6:33 pm

I was gonna cancel my preorder, but I just got it in the mail. Neutral

Guess I'm watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood tonight.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Got it today, really like it so far. Played about an hour and a half in total, still in pretty much the first map really. Plenty to do really. Did some pieces of the main quest and some sidequests.

Hunts à la FFXII are back in the game which is great, cause I always loved those and I hope there'll be some awesome ones down the line.

Still getting a bit used to the game though, it's quite open world with not really a set path you need to take, which is a good thing I guess, but it always throws me off when I just start a game, cause I feel a little aimless and can't decide what to do first.

Combat is good, but it takes some practice I guess, not sure if I really wanna use the wait mode or not, you have to use it if you want to use Libra on an enemy, which is why I have it on, and it's helpful if you kind of want to plan your next move a bit, but it's also a bit distracting as you have to be constantly moving or doing something or it'll automatically put you in wait. (which pretty much just freezes everything around you) It's a bit distracting as sometimes you forget about it, as you're planning what to do, but forget to move and it kind of breaks the flow a bit. So I dunno, we'll see when I have more experience if I'll keep it on or not.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 am

am I the only one that's playing this here? Or does just no one want to talk about it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 12:10 pm

I've been playing it. It's decent, but I'm disappointed in the majority of the side-quests. They poured a lot of resources and time into building a large and detailed map instead of focusing their efforts on producing meaningful content to occupy it. Most of it is just busywork for the sake of busywork, with lots of back-and-forth padding to drag things out further. I feel that the game would have benefited from being developed with the mindset CD Projekt Red had when they did Witcher III:

“For the most part, the quest content dictated the size of the world, not the other way around,” said level designer Miles Tost. “We didn’t just start with a huge world and go ‘well, let’s see how we can fill this one up.’ This probably helped us to not end up with a world that feels artificially bloated just for the sake of size.”

“The quest team would look at it and think how many quests we should prepare to provide enough entertaining content to fill these levels,” said Szamalek. “Sometimes, we’d have to adjust a certain part of the world that felt too big or too small and react accordingly.”

FFXV is fun when you can actually tackle cool scenarios, events, dungeons, set pieces and so on, but the open-world aspect of it is a bit of a bust. I definitely would have been contented with a smaller map if it meant getting more proper side-quests.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 2:44 pm

I agree with Sora. At least they're on the way to making a good FF game again. Only thing they need to do now is:

- more diverse party
- more elaborate sidequests
- a good story
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 9:28 pm

yeah, I agree as well, the map is too big for the things it makes you do in the sidequests, especially indeed all the back and forth you need to do.

But I'm still having plenty of fun, I enjoy just exploring the whole thing with my chocobo and picking up sidequests as I go.

Sort of dislike how they do the summoning in this, I mean, they're cool and all, but Titan for example can apparently only be summoned on certain parts of the map, which is a shame, and I kinda resent how you need to meet certain criteria before you can summon one, and i get it, they're very powerful summons, they're not meant to be summoned to just win any battle in a heartbeat... but please just let me summon one when I feel like I wanna use it, but limit me in some other way like only once a day or something..

I just wanna be able to decide when the summon comes, not rely on luck or purposely get half your party near death for the game to tell me that's when I can use one.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 3:26 pm

I've played this for nearly 200 hours and i have to say i thought at first it was very lacking in content and extremely short for a final fantasy game.. Not a great first impression, i know BUT and it's a big one, once you finish the game it really opens up.

There are some great side quests on there at end game, there are 5 quests to get the legendary weapons for your party to equip (excluding prompto as there is no legendary gun). these stat at level 55 and go up to 99 for the 5th one. There is the obligatory Adamantoise with 5 million health although he is somewhat easy for a level 99 boss, he just takes about an hour to kill.

Also, i have heard that there is a woman with a key to the lower depths of the 4 dungeons so you can get stronger weapons than the legendary ones but i haven't found her yet and im trying to do it without looking on the web
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So. FFXV. Yep. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So. FFXV. Yep.   So. FFXV. Yep. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So. FFXV. Yep.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: RPG :: Square Enix-
Jump to: