Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Rman's Watching One Piece......

Go down 
+4
Zero
Skip
Superbuu3
Rman
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Empty
PostSubject: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Since so many people around here seem to make the "Person X is watching/reading/playing/writing/diddling/twiddling YYY" I figured why not me......so here goes.

Made it to 339 (kinda late for this but still plenty of eps) and here's some comments so far....

• Canon is good, especially Water 7. The whole Usop v. Luffy was very deep and a little dark.
  • Damn W7/Enies Lobby had me sad for that damn ship.
  • Davey Back was horrible. It was "canon" that felt like useless filler shit. Really could have done without the whole thing.
  • Fillers pretty much blow and I have skipped most to all. Ice hunter was ok at best.
  • 336 may have been the worst episode to date. Chibi television station? Fuck off, skipped that shit.
  • Usop needs a nose job
  • Brook may entertain me or just piss me off.....but at least it was entertaining that he answered luffy that he did in fact poop.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Water 7 up to that point was probably my favourite arc. Some of the fights were good in Enies lobby, but the bigger plotline introduced by Water 7 was what really got my attention.

The filler extending the davy back fight hurt it horrendously in the anime.

The next arc though not great has one or two amazing moments. Its a pretty short arc, but after that things get truly amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Brook's a champion.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Brook may be a champ, but this Thriller Bark stinks like filler. Its a little too ridiculous for me with the whole jamming concepts of about every horror movie from Island of Dr Moreau to world war Z. The only thing I know for sure, is that dude waited too long.....he should have hollow manned the hell outta Nami right when she got in that shower!
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am

It gets much better.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Thriller Bark was pretty boring up until the last 10 or 15 episodes, which were pretty good and had some very great moments.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:20 pm

So thriller bark is picking up and getting better. On episode 356...

• Zombie luffy is cracking me up. The best zombie of the lot and I'm just waiting for him to either purify himself or break the island.
  • The moment I saw Brook's zombie I knew Zoro was going to have a showdown and steal his spiffy looking sword.
  • Brook IS the man and I thought it was a nice touch tieing him to the Straw Hats with the whole whale thing.
  • I loved Sanji's broken dream now that he can't be the invisible man to enter the women's bath.
  • Franky is starting to grow on me.
  • But Zoro is still the friggin man!
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:10 am

Damn straight. (Points 3, 5 and 6)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah thriller bark all comes together near the end, also i love the armour joke.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 pm

On 384....pounding episodes helps those work from home days fly by.

• Thriller Bark came together in the end and went from light to very serious when Paw Paw dude showed up.
  • Nightmare luffy kicked ass, too bad he won't be able to remember any of the skills or techniques the shadows knew
  • Usopp has really grown into someone competent....bout damn time!
  • Zoro fully affirmed his godly man among men by taking on all of Luffy's accrued damage and striking a pose....takes me back to when he was getting turned into a wax statue "pose while you can!"
  • The whole Brook thing REALLY came together.
  • Had a feeling Ace died from Teach.....guess he's just locked up.....we shall see....
  • Too bad all of the arc ending goodness of thriller was ruined by the return of Silver Fox in a 2 episode filler shit fest. I thought I could tolerate a light hearted spa arc....I was wrong.Truly the most annoying character and could be left out of the rest of the series. Here's to hoping he just stays away.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 am

Ok....now that I've gotten this far I have moved into Yibis subs....anyone got a better group than these jokers? Gum Gum Pistol....Gum Gum Gatling....Comrades/crew instead of nakama......plus a few other little things like missing Franky's "super". Super is his thing.

Sorry, but these are just little translation peeves of mine as certain things I believe are better left un-translated. Gomu no Gomu and nakama are 2 of which. I am hoping it improves in the next couple episodes, if not I am going to have to find someone else because it's just going to bother me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 am

Rman wrote:
Ok....now that I've gotten this far I have moved into Yibis subs....anyone got a better group than these jokers? Gum Gum Pistol....Gum Gum Gatling....Comrades/crew instead of nakama......plus a few other little things like missing Franky's "super". Super is his thing.

Sorry, but these are just little translation peeves of mine as certain things I believe are better left un-translated. Gomu no Gomu and nakama are 2 of which. I am hoping it improves in the next couple episodes, if not I am going to have to find someone else because it's just going to bother me.

You're the worst.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:19 am

There's no reason not to translate that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 am

Moves sound better untraslated. If Ryu shouted dragon punch or hurricane kick instead of shoryuken and tatsumakisenpuukyaku, it would sound shit.

I stand by that regardless of what anyone says. Nakama is redundant though. I don't really have a problem with it though.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:59 am

Kaio wrote:
Rman wrote:
Ok....now that I've gotten this far I have moved into Yibis subs....anyone got a better group than these jokers?  Gum Gum Pistol....Gum Gum Gatling....Comrades/crew instead of nakama......plus a few other little things like missing Franky's "super".  Super is his thing.

Sorry, but these are just little translation peeves of mine as certain things I believe are better left un-translated.  Gomu no Gomu and nakama are 2 of which.  I am hoping it improves in the next couple episodes, if not I am going to have to find someone else because it's just going to bother me.

You're the worst.

Thanks..... Very Happy

But on a serious note, gum gum was just a retarded translation. Gomu is rubber and Luffy was the "gomu ningen"/rubber man. If that translation held up then Luffy might as well be called the bubble gum bitch.

Superbuu3 wrote:

I stand by that regardless of what anyone says. Nakama is redundant though. I don't really have a problem with it though.

At least I get one person to agree on that.  But for me, I got used to Kaizoku subs (and subsequently agree with their view) that nakama has a special meaning to it and comrade or crewmate doesn't necessarily translate the feeling behind what they all refer to as "nakama."

On a positive note, Yibis has really stepped up their translation quality in about every aspect plus they have added sub divisions to the episodes when using VLC so I can see the parts of the episode; OP, recap, part 1/2, preview. Now I know exactly where to click to skip that 5 minutes of opening theme/recap.

On to my watch report......---------

Getting into Saboady Archipelago arc ep 393.  

• HA!!!  Luffy asks everyone if they can poop.  Wonder if Caimie would have answered.
  • Brook is great.  "excuse me" and he burps then farts.  Perfect gentleman.  Plus, it was great that the rip off bar owner actually told him her panties color.  And his skeleton jokes don't get old.
  • Interesting that Hachi made a come back
  • I have this feeling Caimie is more than just some normal mermaid....they seem to be hinting at something but I am not sure.
  • Would have loved to see Zoro cut up that Celestial Dragon
  • Arc is getting quite serious with the brutality from the celestial dragons combined with the whole human trafficking.  The series seems to be taking that step back into the serious realm.
  • Maybe its me, but the character art has seemed to suddenly shift a little and they are starting to seem a bit more immature (?)......
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:39 am

Gomu Gomu no Weeaboo
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 am

So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Weeaboo_mp_by_KibaInuzukaLover
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Nakama should've been translated to bro.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:23 pm

So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Opbroz10
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 am

That would work fine.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Gomu Gomu is written in katakana, which mean it is based on a non-Japanese word. That word is gum.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 pm

I think Oda has even said the characters are supposed to be speaking English.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 am

Kuma bot army?  wat?  Vegapunk gone crazy!

So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Bb8-have-you-gone-crazy
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 am

Amazon 1: We missed a mushroom down between her legs.
Amazon 2: It only stretches and I can't get it off....big bitch, get over her....I know SHE can get it off.
Amazon 3: I can't get it off either.....

How many butch chicks does it take to get off a mushroom tip?

Now I've made it into the Impel Down arc......still dislike buggy and Mr 2 is surprisings not annoying in his large amount of screen time. Though I can tell his VA is the same as Franky and I keep picturing a cross dressing Franky.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Rman wrote:
Amazon 1:  We missed a mushroom down between her legs.
Amazon 2:  It only stretches and I can't get it off....big bitch, get over her....I know SHE can get it off.
Amazon 3:  I can't get it off either.....

How many butch chicks does it take to get off a mushroom tip?

I'd reckon Luffy was pretty glad they didn't pull off the last "mushroom".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Rman's Watching One Piece......   So Rman's Watching One Piece...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Rman's Watching One Piece......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next