Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Evil Within

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 pm

http://www.psu.com/a019199/The-Evil-Within-screens-are-grisly-yet-gorgeous-

it's the new horror game from Shinji Mikami which we all know as the creator of the Resident Evil series.

teaser here:

not really much to go on, but it looks like it has the potential to be an actual scary game.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 am

alright, well here's some actual gameplay:

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 am

hopefully this is decent otherwise this gen will be known as the gen that horror died.  I don't think there's been a single scary game this gen which is actually really disappointing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 4:41 pm

just got this, it's quite good so far.

If you've played Resident Evil games that are made by Mikami, you'll immediately recognise some elements that are quite the same, the game doesn't have auto-saves (except for after a chapter) but you can find save points along the way, kind of like how it worked with the typewriter in the RE games.

the first encounter with a normal enemy (not the boss guy that chases you at the start) is an hommage to the first encounter in the original Resident Evil as well, which I think was kind of neat.

I haven't really been scared yet, but I'm only 2 chapters in, and not all that much has happened yet, but the atmosphere is great, love the music as well...story so far is pretty much: "what the fuck is going on here?" but I've read somewhere that it's supposed to be like that. Mikami wants you to feel the same as Sebastian does in the game apparently, and it works to some extent, cause I actually have no clue what's really going on.

the game just throws you in there as well, without really telling you what you need to be doing, which again, is really neat cause it helps create that feeling of insecurity.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:29 am

Shinji Mikami must go back to making RE games.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
hopefully this is decent otherwise this gen will be known as the gen that horror died.  I don't think there's been a single scary game this gen which is actually really disappointing.

Well what about Dead Spac........

Resident Evi........

Uh......Silent Hill Downpour?

No, no one liked that game.

Uh.........................................................

Fuck.

The Evil Within made by Shinji Mikami. Sweet! And it's published by Bethesda. So expect buggy goodness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Empirewild wrote:

The Evil Within made by Shinji Mikami. Sweet! And it's published by Bethesda. So expect buggy goodness Very Happy

FYI, Bethesda Softworks is not the same as Bethesda Game Studios. the latter being the one that makes buggy games.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 1:40 pm

This is essentially RE4 2.0 and it's great. Also, I don't know whether it gets harder or I just suck, but I've died about a million times after chapter 13. Perhaps I should start abusing the agony crossbow.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

I think it's "harder" because it's rather traditional, it's not a game that takes you by the hand like most games today, and we're so used to games doing that, we're having trouble adjusting now..

I'm having problems as well, and I'm only still at chapter 5.

Anyways, this game definitely shows that everything that made Resident Evil what it was, came from Shinji.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Chapters 6, 10, 11 and 13 gave me the hardest time. 11 in particular almost made me ragequit. It reminded me of RE4's 5-1 chapter, but it's much worse.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

FYI, Bethesda Softworks is not the same as Bethesda Game Studios. the latter being the one that makes buggy games.

Ah. Always though Bethesda was one company (being owned by Zenimax)

So just goodness then.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
I think it's "harder" because it's rather traditional, it's not a game that takes you by the hand like most games today, and we're so used to games doing that, we're having trouble adjusting now...

So it's a game that doesn't insult you intelligence and treats you like you're 5 years old?

This game is sounding better and better.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Empirewild wrote:

Ah. Always though Bethesda was one company (being owned by Zenimax)

So just goodness then.

well, Bethesda Softworks is a publisher owned by Zenimax, and Bethesda Softworks have several studios that make games, like Bethesda Game Studios, Tango Gameworks and ID Software.

so in essence, it is kind of the same company, it's just two different things, one is a publisher, the other one makes the buggy games.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Just finished the game. Took me 16 hours and a grand total of 106 deaths and another 100 reloads because I get seriously pissed off when I'm hit. I missed some collectibles, mainly those map fragments, and most of the breakable statues.

I unlocked a model viewer, two guns and chapter select. Also, two more difficulties: hard and akumu, where every hit means death. Dunno if I'm ready for this...
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:05 pm

haven't had to do reloads yet.

although I had a tough time earlier, where my health was nearly depleted, I didn't have anything to heal me and I had no gel to get a health upgrade (which automatically heals you).

I made the mistake of saving in this state and not having multiple saves. (should've known I had to make multiple files like I used to do in RE) took me a while to get through the area I needed to go without dying till i found a syringe.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

although I had a tough time earlier, where my health was nearly depleted, I didn't have anything to heal me and I had no gel to get a health upgrade (which automatically heals you).

I made the mistake of saving in this state and not having multiple saves. (should've known I had to make multiple files like I used to do in RE) took me a while to get through the area I needed to go without dying till i found a syringe.

Saving is for casuals, for the true horror experience never save.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:

Saving is for casuals, for the true horror experience never save.

Saving is for casuals? That is a bit extreme.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 4:54 am

The game is filled with traps and some enemies and bosses can kill you instantly. It'd be extremely frustrating without the checkpoints.

I tried akumu mode and I couldn't even get past chapter 2. The zombies are much better at spotting you and they're very aggressive. It's much harder than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 5:52 am

The most fucked up moment was when I went to an isolated house where one of the locker keys is located. I killed the zombies outside and then 4 zombies came after me from inside that house. Akumu is really intense.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:23 pm

I completed an akumu/ no upgrades run. Having to find a way to deal with the enemies in each area without getting hit once and with very limited ammo was actually pretty fun and not terribly hard (chapter 11 was quite frustrating though). When I got to chapter 14 I'd saved up about 100 parts, so I started abusing the fire and freeze bolts making akumu look easy. Funnily I had a better clear time and less deaths this time.

I got the brass knuckles as a reward. I tried them on casual difficulty and the haunted died in one hit, the mini bosses in two and the boss in the garage in only five. It's time to exact my revenge on that stupid dog and Laura.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:39 pm

I need to get back to this game, haven't had the time to play anymore recently.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 pm

alright, well, I finished it just now, took me just under 15 hours and 63 deaths.

really enjoyed it, some of the boss fights were really kind of, well, I don't wanna say scary, but they did have me on edge. like the ones against Laura and The Keeper...those were really tense for me, especially Laura creeped me out really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Evil Within Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evil Within   The Evil Within Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Evil Within
Page 1 of 1